• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard An Attempt To Mill (Rhyperior/Charizard GX/Shedinja/Meganium)

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone! I pretended to be a bit creative, and so here we are:

Pokemon (21)

1 Charmander (DRM 1)
2 Shedinja (LOT 95)
3 Chikorita (LOT 5)
1 Celebi Prism Star (LOT 19)
3 Meganium (LOT 8)
4 Rhyhorn (BUS 65)
4 Rhyperior (BUS 67)
1 Charizard-GX (BUS 20)
2 Nincada (LOT 29)

Energy (2)

1 Grass Energy (SM 164)
1 Super Boost Energy Prism Star (UPR 136)

Supporter (19)
3 Cynthia (UPR 119)
1 Gladion (CIN 95)
2 Acerola (BUS 112)
3 Underground Expedition (CLS 150)
2 Lusamine (CIN 96)
4 Stevens's' Resolve (CLS 145)
4 Lillie (SM 122)

Item (18)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
4 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Brooklet Hill (GRI 120)
2 Net Ball (LOT 187)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)

The strategy here is simple: get at least a Meganium, then get as many Rhyperior as possible, and cycle them with Rescue Stretcher and, if it's not prized, Celebi. Charizard GX is the final boom.
Shedninja nullyfies one of my opponent's ko. Nincada can be grabbed via Net Ball, which is here to grab Chikorita, Celebi, and the Grass Energy for Celebi.
For draw supporters, I play Lillie, Cynthia and Underground Expedition. The first is the mandatory draw supporter in every deck which uses Rare Candy. The second is suboptimal here, but it is usefull anyway. The third let me take the cards I want more, but only two cards.

Everything seems fine, but the deck is, as you expected, a bit clunky. I never use AcerolaZ nor Lusamine, but I feel I need them. Underground Expedition seems to be unoptimal too, but I don't know what I could play instead. Maybe I could play 1 - 1 Swampert Line, but I'm not sure.
Maybe I should try Apricorn Maker and Timer Ball, I don't know. What this deck needs is a little speed and consistency boost, if possible, and obviously no Oranguru UPR.
I hope you like it, and I would like some comment :)

Last edited:
with shedinja your opponent just take one fewer prize it´s not like focus band. the pokemon is knocked out

how can you do all this with just 4 rare candy? how do you recycle it? I forgot that you use meganium

Shedinja just gives me one more turn. I don't know if it's worths.
The mechanics is as follows: get a Meganium with Rare Candy, then use its ability or another Rare Candy in order to get another Meganium, then get at least a Rhyperior a turn.
I'm trying Swampert too, but it is clunky anyway.

Actually it lacks something. I need to cycle Rhyperior more consistently. Have you some card to suggest? :)

What if you put in a few Rainbow Energy to allow you to Acerola the Rhyperiors?

Pokemon Communication (reprinted soon) could help the deck be more consistent since you play 21 Pokemon.

Maybe you could try using Raichu with Evochoc to paralyse instead of the Shedinja line.

Thanks guys for your answer!
First of all, I reduced Acerola to 1 for consistency reasons. I can try Super Scoop Up, but I don't like it due the coin flip.
Po Town can't be played here: Brooklet Hill is fundamental together with Rescue Stretcher in order to get Rhydin every turn (ideally).
I used Shedinja because of Net Ball, but in a more recent version I removed Net Ball, so I can try Raichu too!
The more recent version is the following:

4 Rhyhorn (BUS 65)
2 Swampert (CLS 35)
2 Mudkip (CLS 33)
2 Shedinja (LOT 95)
4 Chikorita (LOT 5)
1 Celebi Prism Star (LOT 19)
3 Meganium (LOT 8)
1 Charmander (DRM 1)
4 Rhyperior (BUS 67)
1 Charizard-GX (BUS 20)
2 Nincada (LOT 29)
1 Grass Energy (SM 164)
1 Super Boost Energy Prism Star (UPR 136)
3 Cynthia (UPR 119)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
4 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
1 Gladion (CIN 95)
1 Acerola (BUS 112)
3 Brooklet Hill (GRI 120)
4 Underground Expedition (CLS 150)
4 Steven's' Resolve (CLS 145)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)
4 Lillie (SM 122)

It’s going to be extremely hard to mill in Standard (or expanded) because there aren’t cards (if any) that “mill” someone. Those cards would be found in Legacy (and there’s actually a tier 1 deck that mills!). This looks more like a stall deck, but looks really funny and interesting!

There is the new Durant that actually does mill.

2 Oranguru SUM 113
2 Slugma LOT 43
2 Magcargo CES 24
4 Durant LOT 128
4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
3 Counter Catcher CIN 91
1 Field Blower GRI 163
2 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
2 Faba LOT 173
2 Lillie UPR 125
3 Plumeria BUS 120
4 Tate & Liza CES 148
2 Lusamine CIN 110
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
2 Guzma BUS 115
4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
3 Cynthia UPR 119
1 Gladion CIN 95
4 Pokemon Catcher SUM 126
1 Mount Lanakila BUS 118
2 Counter Energy CIN 100
2 Metal Energy 8
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

This is a Durant deck I found online.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Durant too, because I see Rhyperior struggle so much in milling a deck completely. I usually come to 10 cards remaining or something like that, than I loose. I will try Durant for sure!

Wouldn't a mill deck use Oranguru UPR (Resource Management) not Uranguru SUM?

Either way I'm not sure 2 cards a turn is enough. Maybe if you can 'fake' being a non-control deck for a few turns (so your opponent doesn't go into resource conservation mode) and then start doing it, when they're down to 20-25 cards in deck, it's possible, but it seems like it's too easy to KO the stuff you have on the board. Even if you successfully control Decidueye, for example, you're still going to lose to 40 hp a turn in feather arrows (assuming they get out two) before you manage to mill them out (it would easily take 15 turns to do so, likely, with them drawing 1 a turn plus you milling 2 a turn, if they recognize what you're doing), plus KOs from Zoroarks in the active with DCEs (even if they're only there for one turn). And Gardevoir being another big deck means you'll have a yet harder time...

There's a player in my community running this and he made it work with Durant/Rhyperior/Meganium/Swampert.

You need the Rainbow/Acerola engine, with DCE for Durant and Super Boost for Swampert/Rhyperior in specific cases. He didn't try Charizard-GX, though. That could be the deal-breaker with Super Boost.

I can add Durant here, maybe by removing the Shedinja. Should I add Counter energy too? Anyway, I'll test something as soon as possible!

There's a player in my community running this and he made it work with Durant/Rhyperior/Meganium/Swampert.

You need the Rainbow/Acerola engine, with DCE for Durant and Super Boost for Swampert/Rhyperior in specific cases. He didn't try Charizard-GX, though. That could be the deal-breaker with Super Boost.
could you post tthe list I'm very iinterested

I really like this deck. It’s quick and active. I had a hard time with my blacephalon deck because I had no idea what kind of deck it was

Back