• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Series: Jumpluff Goes Marching In

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to start doing this a little bit since the other thread is no more. This is a series of decks that fall into the budget category. I am giving myself a 150 USD budget but prices won't be posted since they fluctuate. I will instead give a rough estimate on what the deck should cost.

To start out we have Lost March.

3 Marshadow (SMP 85)
2 Oranguru (SM 113)
4 Skiploom (LOT 13)
3 Natu (LOT 87)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
4 Hoppip (LOT 12)
4 Trumbeak (LOT 165)
4 Jumpluff (LOT 14)

3 Grass Energy (SM 164)
1 Super Boost Energy Prism Star (UPR 136)
4 Double Colorless Energy (SLG 69)

1 Switch (CLS 147)
3 Professor Elm's Lecture (LOT 188)
3 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
2 Lost Blender (LOT 181)
3 Cynthia (UPR 119)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
3 Lillie (SM 122)
4 Great Ball (SM 119)
3 Net Ball (LOT 187)

Deck runs on getting your up Jumpluff early and get as many Pokemon into the Lost Zone as possible. Natu is your "Joltik" of the deck while Trumbeak is your "Lampent" to use Night March terms since this deck is a play on that one. Super Boost is there so Shuckle GX doesn't wall your Jumpluff and the lone Switch is so you don't get stuck against stall decks.

Price Range- 100-120 USD. Many of these cards you should have in abundance like the Ball cards and DCE.

I would recommend having not one, but two (or three) Tapu Lele because of your choice of supporters. Cynthia and Proffesor Elm’s Lecture are pretty powerful in your deck, and you will want to get them fast. Other than that, I feel the deck is pretty decent!

Issue with having more than one Lele is bench space. Besides my Jumpluff, I usually have one Natu plus Oranguru. Marshadow also is used so that if I draw a Jumpluff, it can go back into the deck. I thought about playing a Xatu with a Memory Energy for a "bulkier" attacker.

Tapu lele can be used as a chump attacker too! Some people just think that it is only good for its ability, but it has a decent attack and GX attack (heal ALL damage from ALL your Pokémon)

Oh I know it can attack in a pinch but you want to remain ahead in prizes with this deck. You are already going 1 for 1 in terms of Pokemon since just about everything one shots you. I will say that this deck has some great match ups against Beast Box as long as you get set up before they can start poking at you.

Tapu lele can be used as a chump attacker too! Some people just think that it is only good for its ability, but it has a decent attack and GX attack (heal ALL damage from ALL your Pokémon)
It’s not as broken as it seems. It’s healing all damage from two of your Benched Pokémon. Plus, who’s got space to tech in that psychic energy? If you play a psychic deck, then perhaps in a pinch it could be nice, especially against certain spread decks, but there are other options out there. This one remains to be the most convenient.
Oh I know it can attack in a pinch but you want to remain ahead in prizes with this deck. You are already going 1 for 1 in terms of Pokemon since just about everything one shots you. I will say that this deck has some great match ups against Beast Box as long as you get set up before they can start poking at you.
As much as you argue, I think more Lele is a good idea. You could argue that ‘Balls > Elm’s, but then again, Elm’s can get you Skiploom, which means that only Jumpluff remains to be searched, and even then you get that from the deck. The question remaining is, are you confident in your abilities and this deck’s abilities to consistently get out enough Elm to get set up? If not, Lele would probably be the best idea. I don’t know your skill as a player (I have none) but if you can search contistently, then it’s not a problem.

It’s not as broken as it seems. It’s healing all damage from two of your Benched Pokémon. Plus, who’s got space to tech in that psychic energy? If you play a psychic deck, then perhaps in a pinch it could be nice, especially against certain spread decks, but there are other options out there. This one remains to be the most convenient.
As much as you argue, I think more Lele is a good idea. You could argue that ‘Balls > Elm’s, but then again, Elm’s can get you Skiploom, which means that only Jumpluff remains to be searched, and even then you get that from the deck. The question remaining is, are you confident in your abilities and this deck’s abilities to consistently get out enough Elm to get set up? If not, Lele would probably be the best idea. I don’t know your skill as a player (I have none) but if you can search contistently, then it’s not a problem.

Thats Exactly right, Lele can help you in tough situations because you don’t have any GX in the deck. I also saw that you said you use Marshadow to put Jumpluff back into the deck (not sure if you can do anything with that?), but Lele’s GX can heal Marshadow to keep on rolling. It can also heal your Jumpluff so it doesn’t die quickly from all the other tier 1 (or 2) decks out there that run a crazy amount of GX’s. Hope this helps :)

This isn't Marshadow GX I am running, it is the one from Shining Legends that acts like Judge. As for more Lele's, this is also meant to be a budget deck and while Lele is cheap, it ain't that cheap. This deck has major bench managing issues as it is. If there were a way to get rid of some of that I would run more bench sitters.

Back