• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon GX/Zoroark GX

Rezolution

Professional Idiot
Hi, I got a league cup on Saturday the 15th, and I am playing Zoroark GX with Glaceon GX. I am not changing the deck, but I am not really in tune with the meta, so I was wondering what techs and other trainer cards I should consider. Here is my list

Pokémon -20
3 Eevee
3 Glaceon Gx
4 Zorua
4 Zoroark GX
1 Ditto prism
1 Slugma
2 Magcardo
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers -28
4 Cynthia
2 Elm's Lecture
4 Guzma
1 Professor Kukui
1 Judge
1 Tate and Liza
1 Copycat
3 Choice Band
1 Rescue Strecter'
1 Field Blower
4 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Switch
2 Devoured Field

Energy-12
8 Water Energy
4 DCE

If you guys have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to say, and don't be easy, I kinda want to win, along with have a good time, but winning is good too.

First glance that looks like a lot of Zoroarks, maybe you only need 2-2 or 3-3?

Volcanion <> seems helpful for a water deck of this sort. Also, perhaps Crasher Wake?

You also might want to add something(s) to handle one prize decks, something like Kecleon or White Kyurem.

Where are the aqua patches?
Cut the tate and the copycat and devoured fields and a cynthia for 2 patches, an elm, and 2 timer balls
Also, you should try to up your count of elm's.
Maybe a choice band and a guzma for a lele and another elm?
First turn, you need to elm to get set up.

Ok, thanks for the advice let me explain the choices
Zoroark is important, I get at least 3 out a game, and I need to prevent prizing
Volcanion prism is gimmickky imo, and there is no real advangage to make it worth, especially with only 8 water. Chrasher wake is interesting, but I don't have enough water to make it worth early game, and middle and late I have smooth over/trade, so it becomes redundant.
There is a advantage with the glaceon, the 30 to the bench can really help, and surprisingly help evens out the matchup. Plus the one prize attackers in my local meta are non-existant, so I can save space there.
Aqua patch only works with glaceon, and given that I am trying to energy evolution, that makes aqua patch useless.
Elm's is not every game suprizingly. Sometimes it helps to be aggressive, or I need to get a Glaceon out to stop abilities so I need to Cynthia to try for a water.
Need two lele in case of prizing, and I am often trading away choice bands because I don't need them, so I am good there.

But thanks for the advice, feel free to discuss this, this is going places.

Sure, so for timer balls I have had no real issues with the deck getting evolutions out, as once I get a Zoroark, I can just get more through trade. Aqua patch works only with water pokemon, so I cannot attack to eevee, and from hand I can just energy evolution. It hasn't been a problem. And just an update, I got top 8 at the cup, then lost top 8 because game one I had no supporters, and game two because he found bacepholeon and hit 2 beast rings. Managed to come back to a next knockout wins situation, but he confused me with the first attack and I flipped tails, then top decked the energy with no other way to draw. Timer ball might have helped, but he got lucky and there is nothing I can do about that. Overall though the deck did it's job and I know what I could have done better. And thoughts on body build dumbbells, not sure if the health is relevant but just wondering on your thoughts.

Feels like a more disruption build, which I want to test, going to try it a league when I have the chance.

I definitely recomend using dumbbells, I often find them more useful than choice bands once the math behind glaceon and zoroark attacks are very neat

What are you thoughts on jamming in 4 copies of Custom Catcher?

I won a League Cup today playing BuzzTales + Custom Catcher. The versatility of that card is insane, and while you don't have Mysterious Guidance, you have Trade. And Frost Bullet is stronger than Snowy Wind, so I can't see it being something so awful it's not worth testing at least.

Unfortunately I don't have a single copy of Glaceon GX on my PTCGO account so I can't test lol.

How did this play out? Looks pretty fun. I may try building it in PTCGO but I don't have the Glaceons yet.

Back