Discussion Lugia EX (AO) Partners?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I was considering Building a Lugia EX Tool-Box type deck in Expanded, With either Magnezone Or Bronzong to accel energy, but then I thought Mega Mewtwo didn't really need any energy accel(ers) (besides maybe 2 Mega Turbo)

So I was curious to know if any of you guys had any ideas considering the new sets we've had since AO.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Now that we have Lele the only reason to use Lugia EX is for deep hurricane so I guess use Lusamine to cycle stadiums?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Now that we have Lele the only reason to use Lugia EX is for deep hurricane so I guess use Lusamine to cycle stadiums?

That's kinda another thing I was thinking, A stadium centered deck that just uses useless/random stadiums to fuel that attack.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
An attack that costs four energy AND needs to discard a Stadium just to hit 150 isn't something that sounds efficient enough to build a deck around.

GluttyTutty

Aspiring Trainer
i mean lugia kiawe with latios could be fun so you can get 4 energy turn one and you could play silent lab and shrine of punishment to add dmg and disrupt and you could use fighting furry belt

and besides lugia resists to buzzwole

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
I had so much fun (and a fair bit of success) with Lugia-EX back in the day, but Lele just does its job better, though deep hurricane is a pretty sweet move when you get to use it.

EDIT:

That said, I'm still using Lele as a major attacker, and I think Lugia can fill a fairly similar if not identical role - does have that fighting resistance and second attack. (and I did have some success with it until I *realized* how much better Lele was.) It's very well poised to benefit from fury belt and max potion - 210 is hard to hit, and it can hit fairly hard for a single attachment. Though muscle/choice band gives you better numbers with deep hurricane. I played it with Garbodor and Pidgeot-EX - those fury belts force field blowers and trashalanche takes care of the rest (still run that deck in expanded, but with Leles in Lugia's slots.) Another nice option is to run your own sky field with bronzong or malamar and use deep hurricane to clear out Shaymins and other vulnerable pokemon.

Last edited: