• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shiftry GX/Zoroark GX/Shuckle GX

yoshikkun

Aspiring Trainer
some advice?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 3 Seedot CES 12
* 2 Shuckle-GX LOT 17
* 2 Nuzleaf CES 13
* 3 Shiftry-GX CES 14
* 2 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 2 Copycat CES 127
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Net Ball LOT 187
* 3 Judge FLI 108
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
* 3 Faba LOT 173

##Energy - 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 5 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
2 Tapu Lele seems needed. I'm not sure in this day and age you can really play a Stage 2 without using Fairy Alolan Ninetales; though that would add some bulk to your deck, it might be worth it.

What's the point of Shuckle? I understand playing Shuckle with Decidueye, but I don't think I see the point with Shiftry unless I'm missing something...

I think that Shiftry is an interesting concept, but I feel like it's sort of a 2 prize Granbull - it's probably easier to run Granbull and a lot safer with it being a one prize deck. That said, my younger son has a lot of fun with a *very* similar deck concept (it was built pre-LOT so no A9, even). No Zoroark but I do think that makes a good addition (he just doesn't have any).

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Imo. Stage 2's gained so much consistency from Lost Thunder and I would suggest utilizing that consistency in your deck.

I'd play 4 elm's lecture (the optimal turn 1 supporter, which would probably mean including Lele GX to increase your likelihood of receiving it on turn 1. If you do this I'd likely cut the nest balls

I also know how difficult it can be to get the two energy attachments necessary to get off Shiftry GX's attack consistently and would suggest playing net ball so you can increase your likelihood of getting a seedot or a grass energy attachment.

Playing alolan Vulpix will also help ensure you get your evolutions out and I'd also play 4 rare candies.