Help Fun Deck ideas

GluttyTutty

Aspiring Trainer
Im starting to get back in to PTCG and I never liked the competitive decks i kinda like being edgy.

I was maybe thinking Golispod/Buzzwole or Lycanroc/Greninja but whatever just fun decks.

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
Something I've learned: edgy is good. Meta and 'competative' are 'good' as well.

Consistency is KING, though.

Make something as consistent as possible if you want a safe bet.

However, experimenting and seeing what weird combos you can come up with (looking at you, Koko Seviper poison smack deck....or Goomy hustle belt) is always fun too.

Depends on your budget and what you're trying to do with it. Edgy suggests anti meta to me, but frankly, I think something like Scizor Garb could be fun and gained some tricks with Lost Thunder. Baby scizor, dialga, and counter gain are beautiful cards.

Dante 21

Aspiring Trainer
If you like Golisopod deck, here a very fun deck: Golisopod Zeraora. I try it out, and wow, was it fun and strong.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
If you want to play edgy, like to work on your deck constantly and like to have flexibility in your tech options and if you play expanded check out my last Ninja Box deck. While it has still a few weakness it can win against a lot of matchup. I believe that SM9 will also give it a very good boost with Eevee&Snorlax Gx Tagteam.

If you play standard and you like it edgy i will agree with Dante 21 on the Zeraora-Gx/Gollisopod-Gx. I posted a list 1-2 weeks ago. It is fun to play with the 2 Prism Stadiums. One helps against spread decks and the other allows Zeraora to hit 160dmg with only 2 energies attached. I also made the deck work with Arceus Prism (the one who accelerate enery) but it is probably not as good as Vikavolt (except sometimes you can charge on your first turn). Have not played it up to the point where I can say how matchup goes and if it is good overall but it is definitely very enjoyable.

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
If you like Golisopod deck, here a very fun deck: Golisopod Zeraora. I try it out, and wow, was it fun and strong.

I really like this deck and recommend it. It does not appear to be great but it definitely works

_PokeMaster_

Playing the Pokémon TCG since Black and White
Well, it depends on what is fun too you (my Idea Of fun is too sit and look at people’s reaction when I have 3 Malamr’s out, an Ultra Necrozma GX as the active Pokémon with 3 psychic energy and a beast energy, and a Dawn Wings on bench turn 3)

If you want to go edgy and don’t want to have a competitive deck, I would go Wailord Stall :)

Here is a funny meme:

855fa5b1-0e00-4ffd-8b2d-f4cd2d829f47.jpg

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Play your favorite Pokémon. Or its evolutions. Whichever. That always works out. If you’re a Golisopod guy, play Golisopod. If you’re looking for something unconventional, try baby Golisopod with baby Lurantis.

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
I am having fun playing an Unown Hand deck. It is surprisingly consistent. Here is the deck list.

Pokemon(8)
4 Unown w/ hand ability
4 Lapras GX

Energy(6)
6 water energy

Trainer(46)
4 of every draw support card in standard
2 acro bike

Its only weakness is decks with really fast starts or someone who plays a judge past turn 5.:D

Nyora

A Cat
Celesteela CES (expanded), Gyarados BUS (expanded), Hitmontop LST/Sigilyph PLB/Spell Tag (I think) and Noivern FFI/Noibat BUS are all very cool, interesting, and most importantly- consistent decks. I have decklists for Celesteela and Gyarados somewhere in the deck garage too, I’ll edit this post later with the threads.

Celesteela basically utilizes Electrode-GX to attach to it a few Shield Energy (each one makes it take 10 less damage from attacks) or DCE to attack with Moonraker. With Beast Energy, Fighting Fury Belt, and Dhelmise, it becomes a very powerful attacker very quickly. It’s also able to abuse N because of Electrode-GX, as well as Life Dew if it’s attached to Electrode-GX.
https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/nuclear-celesteela.148601/

Gyarados is a very fast Archie’s deck, and can hit 200 on T1! You basically just discards all your Magikarps, and get Gyarados on the bench us8ng Archie’s Ace in the Hole, then bring it up and attack!
https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/another-gyarados-deck-archie’s-gyarados.148559/

Hitmontop/Sigilyph/Spell Tag is amazingly cool. Hitmontop’s attack switches it (as well as your opponent’s Active Pokémon) with a Sigilyph, with 3-4 Spell Tag attached (you may want to have Float Stone just in case Sigilyph doesn’t die). If Sigilyph dies, the opponent takes a whopping 12-16 damage counters! Coupled with Strong Energy, Muscle Band, Diancie-Mega {*}, and Regirock-EX all boosting Hitmontop’s attack, you can hit some very high numbers pretty quickly.

Noivern/Noibat is incredibly annoying. For one, Noibat has the Agility attack, which coupled with Victini and Memory Energy, is annoying as is, obviously. And even if it fails, there is always a chance you survive the next attack due to Noivern’s Echolocation Ability. So you essentially have 3 coin flips to protect yourself from damage! That, and the deck has Bench hitting capabilities with Boomburst, and can come out of nowhere and hit higher numbers with Noivern BREAK’s Synchro Woofer attack, which, while 150 isn’t exactly a lot, that + Muscle Band + Shrine of Punishment damage can rack up really quickly. That, and Altair’s DRM can also boost Noivern’s attack power.

All of these decks are very fun to play, and I love creating decks like these. They’re all expanded, however, so hopefully you have the cards to play that format.