Ruling Extent of Leafeon GX's Grand Bloom Attack

mistermagic91

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,

i have a question belonging to the GX-attack of Leafeon GX.
Here is the card for comparison:
1150391.jpg

It says that, 'For each of your Benched Basic Pokemon, search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokemon and put it onto that Pokemon to evolve it. Then shuffle your deck.'

My question belongs to the evolving part. Is it really just that i can play it for example on a Bulbasaur to get an Ivysaur or can i directly evolve to Venusaur. Because Venusaur can just evolve when you have the basic in play.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

The card text read 'For each of your Benched Basic Pokemon' meaning the pokemon that are evolving can only be basics. You would be able to search for Ivysaur to put on a Bulbasaur, but because Ivysaur is neither in play when this Attack takes effect nor a basic pokemon, you would not be able to search for a Venusaur to evolve your Ivysaur.

If you are asking about skipping the Ivysaur, no you cannot do that either. In the card text for any Veunsaur, it would have stated, 'Evolves from Ivysaur' not 'Evolves from Bulbasuar', thus you could not search for the Venusaur.

Thats my take on it, hope it helps!

Now the real question is, can you use the GX attack to mega evolve? It just says basic pokemon. This way you can just skip the spirit links.

Now the real question is, can you use the GX attack to mega evolve? It just says basic pokemon. This way you can just skip the spirit links.
According to the Pokemon Trading Card game Online, you can. It won't cancel out evolving other pokemon either, as it is done all at the same time.

According to the Pokemon Trading Card game Online, you can. It won't cancel out evolving other pokemon either, as it is done all at the same time.

Ooh, that makes Mega Sceptile slightly playable in expanded.

I also have a question regarding the grand bloom attack, does abilities like this work: when you play this pokemon from your hand to evolve one of your pokemons...
Like abomasnow's ability:
1200px-AbomasnowForbiddenLight4.jpg

@faeske11

Re-read the card texts to answer your own question, friend. If it isn't clear, try reading these specific bits, with emphasis added. ;)

Ability: Blessings of the Forest
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may attach a [G] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon.
versus

[G] Grand Bloom GX
For each of your Benched Basic Pokémon, search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
Grand Bloom-GX Evolves your Pokémon directly from the deck, ergo effects that trigger when the Pokémon are played from hand do not activate.

Back