Question Pokkén Tournament Sequel?

Thomas Wiencek

Aspiring Trainer
I know that both the Wii U and later deluxe Switch versions of Pokkén Tournament had sold over 1 million copies worldwide, making it a million-selling video game. However, I'm not sure about whether or not you think that either version of this game is a commercial success worldwide, and whether not you think it will have a sequel? If not, please let me know why not?

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Until visiting Japan I thought Pokken Tournament was unsucessful at all, in my country it's very rare to find "Tekken players which also like Pokemon" so it was a strange niche. Even national Facebook groups were desert here, so I had no hope this game would have a sequel.

After visiting Japan my impressions changed, almost every Pokecenter I did visit was full of kids playing together and enjoying at fullest (even some grow ups having fun too). Since Japan cares a lot about their own market, I have my fingers crossed on a sequel of this great game. I've bought both Wii U and Switch versions and all DLCs, even the controller (which's great to play retro fighting games too), so my part's done! :D

For the story, maybe some "evil organization" would do a nice new story mode with many battles and cool characters. Something like the previous one, "cursed powerful one", but in the hands of really bad guys.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Why do you think Pokkén Tournament is not actually similar to the Mortal Kombat video games?

I think Mortal Kombat plays in another niche, it keeps "horizontal" fighting and has a brutal appeal. Tekken goes from sideways to "horizontal" on its game, Pokken made this easier than mastering backdashes and sidestep blocks to get closer, like more friendly Tekken in my opinion.

Thomas Wiencek

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja has been considered a fan favorite Pokémon. But why do you think Bandai Namco Studios video game developers didn't include Greninja as a playable character in Pokkén Tournament?

Thomas Wiencek

Aspiring Trainer
How much did you think that both the Wii U and deluxe Switch versions of Pokkén Tournament cost to develop?

Last edited:

slide9595

Aspiring Trainer
Likely they will, but not until they release the successor of the Switch.

Last edited: