• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zeraora/Eels

Wechselbalg

brb
I believe this to be a semi-competitive Expanded deck (I don't want to make it sound like as if it were the best thing ever, altough I do believe it could have potential) - it has quite a good MU against most mill decks, thanks to energy acceleration and Zeraora's ability, and as far as aggro goes, with the help of CB and Electropower, Zeraora can hit up to 250. It can struggle a bit under item lock due to both damage modificators being items/not being able to draw into your eels T2 without Ultra Balls etc. (Then again, which deck doesn't.) I also included a few 1 prize techs that can help with MUs against which Zeraora has type disadvantage.

Pokémon

1 Pinsir LOT ---> This guy does 70 for [C][C][C] meaning it can OHKO Lycanrock-GX, Toad, Keldeo-EX and Groudon-EX with a Band. (And the two Zygardes.)
1 Raikou BKT ---> Probably the best 1 prize-partner for Zeraora that also uses [L] energy.
4 Tynamo NVI
3 Eelektrik NVI
1 Xurkitree-GX ---> Only useful against NM really, but still needed imo, as Marshadow kills everything in the deck very easily.
3 Zeraora-GX
1 Deoxys CES 67 ---->Against Buzzwole. I prefer this over Mewtwo EVO, as it has only 1 retreat, so if you have to open with it it's easier to retreat if you don't want to put Zeraora down yet.
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers

1 Thunder Mountain
1 Lillie
1 Rescue Stretcher
4 Ultra Ball
2 N
1 Volkner/Skyla --->I guess Volkner is a bit better, as it also grabs a [L] energy if you need it.
3 Battle Compressor
2 Cynthia
2 Field Blower
2 Guzma
2 Parallel City
3 Choice Band
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Electropower
1 Dowsing Machine
3 VS Seeker

Energy

11 Lightning

I'm a bit torn between the Compressor/Electropower counts -ideally I'd like to have 3 of both, but I went with 3 Compressor/2 Power since I can play Compressor at any point of a match and I can't do the same with Electripower, and I don't want to end up having to discard too many of the E. Powers early game. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
Is there a reason for the exclusion of Tapu Koko GX? I feel like he could be nice in the deck because he can one-shot with his gx attack, and he can come out without your opponent expecting it because of its ability. I think it could be worth playing a copy.

Wechselbalg

brb
Yeah, I was thinking of playing 1 copy because of the GX attack, but in all honesty I'm not a big fan of Koko because it really sucks if I have to start with it, and apart from the GX attack it can't contribute much to the deck. Maybe I'll include it at some point to see if it's really worth it. Thanks!

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
In Expanded format games, both Landorus EX and Buzzwole GX (especially with Wide Lens Tools) can wreak havoc onto your benched Eels. So, consider incorporating a few Sky Pillar Stadiums to protect your benched Eels (which are high-priority assets).

Why no Professor Elm's Lecture?

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
In Expanded format games, both Landorus EX and Buzzwole GX (especially with Wide Lens Tools) can wreak havoc onto your benched Eels. So, consider incorporating a few Sky Pillar Stadiums to protect your benched Eels (which are high-priority assets).

Why no Professor Elm's Lecture?
First off nobody uses wide lens with lando and buzzwole

Second off rouge seas is much better for trev matchups and buzzwole

3rd off why run elm when theres briggete

Wechselbalg

brb
I prefer to use Lily on T1, cards like Elm and Brigette are imo too slow in Expanded for any deck that is not Zoroark. Good point about the bench damage though, but I think I'd prefer to try Mr. Mime first, since Sky Pillar is very easy to get rid of before attacking.

Wechselbalg

brb

Actually, Wide Lens Buzzwole/Lando was a thing when Zoroark/Eggs dominated Expanded, and since Zoroark is still good in the format I wouldn't be surprised if some people still played Wide Lens. It's true though that it is not a popular choice anymore.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, Wide Lens Buzzwole/Lando was a thing when Zoroark/Eggs dominated Expanded, and since Zoroark is still good in the format I wouldn't be surprised if some people still played Wide Lens. It's true though that it is not a popular choice anymore.
Going by decklist consensus on limitliless the card count for wide lens was .60 amongst the hundreds of decks that have used buzzwole in expanded.
Even then sky pillar is never a good option it gets bumped every time you need it where as rough seas checks trevenent hard.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player

Second off rouge seas is much better for trev matchups and buzzwole

3rd off why run elm when theres briggete
Lol.... Wide Lens is quite common in Landorus EX/Buzzwole GX decks, at least here in 1 of the toughest playing areas (upper Midwest, USA) in the world!

Rough Seas is a great Stadium for L and W decks as long as the Pokémon are not 1HKOd which could easily happened to the supporting Eels...

Agreed - no advantage in running PELs over Brigette.