SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
LOOK AT THIS FOSSIL LOCK WITH A HARD HITTER!!!!

LOOK AT THIS OVERPOWER STARMIE!!!

THIS SHOULD BE AWESOME.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Expanded deck
Alolan egg
Dittos from black and white as your basics
Propagation Eggs.
Mew EX
Dimension valley.

You're now doing 240 every turn for a single energy. If mew gets ko'd, you still have yours Alolan eggs.s
I see it working in some reality.

Completely forgot about BCR Ditto - that's pretty sick. You could run Parallel to help combat Zoroark. I wouldn't play Mew unless you expect a lot of Fighting as 120 is really easy to hit for two free Prizes.

Wechselbalg

brb
Expanded deck
Alolan egg
Dittos from black and white as your basics
Propagation Eggs.
Mew EX
Dimension valley.

You're now doing 240 every turn for a single energy. If mew gets ko'd, you still have yours Alolan eggs.s
I see it working in some reality.

EDIT:

nvm I already figured out the answer to my question lol

Last edited:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Seeing Sabrina like this in a set thats void of her actual character(s) is insulting. I must get back to working on the case for Uri soon as I have contacted TCPi whose apparently going to forward it to Pokémon Japan so I'll need to check it.
I agree with this. However, I'll still happy that we finally got a good Sabrina card for the first time since the GEN 1 format. Of course I'm not happy with how Sabrina has been treated in recent times, especially this set, but at least they have recognised her existence in the form of a card in this set. And they even made it good!
I will definitely play 4 of these in all my decks even if it means losing every round. :)

Brian Kent

Aspiring Trainer
A Ninetailed Invitation to gust for Blacephalon! Get your Naganadels turn 1, via Alolan Vulpix Beacon, evolve turn 2 and have the energy to charge up, nice!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with this. However, I'll still happy that we finally got a good Sabrina card for the first time since the GEN 1 format. Of course I'm not happy with how Sabrina has been treated in recent times, especially this set, but at least they have recognised her existence in the form of a card in this set. And they even made it good!
I will definitely play 4 of these in all my decks even if it means losing every round. :)
Well I wish you all my best luck with playing the card! :) My concern at the time was how a Full Art potential was there like with other trainers somehow occasionly that tend to get disorderly lost oppertunities for Ultra Rare over the boarder glory.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Beautiful. If Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto and Kabutops were to all be released in May's set as alternate-type reprints, I'll be over the moon. I am so pleased that Omanyte and Omastar are the same type as Kabuto and Kabutops.

Nyora

A Cat
I think Moltres/Emboar mill in expanded will be really good. That’s some very powerful milling Power Moltres has, and you could maybe use Burning Energy too (but I’m not too sure because you can’t
Kiawe/Emboar/Blacksmith it). Moltres is really cool.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Well I wish you all my best luck with playing the card! :) My concern at the time was how a Full Art potential was there like with other trainers somehow occasionly that tend to get disorderly lost oppertunities for Ultra Rare over the boarder glory.
Thanks! To be honest, it will probably be a staple in most decks!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
How? Based on the current translation the supporter remains in the opponent's hand. You just copy the effect of the supporter with Sabrina's Suggestion.
This card is useful in so many ways:
1. As an extra consistency card (if your opponent has Cynthia or Lillie in hand).
2. As a 5th Guzma (if your opponent has Guzma in hand).
3. As an extra Acerola (if your opponent has Acerola in hand).
4. As another Elm option on the first turn (if your opponent has Elm in hand).
5. As a chance to see your opponent's hand, so you can decide whether to Red Card it, etc.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
  • Beedrill can be decent in a meta focused on Pokémon GX combined with Po Town and Multiply Kakuna from Crimson Invasion.
  • Charizard is interesting but it might be difficult to stream him since he is a stage two Pokémon.
  • Ninetales is a great addition to Blacephalon Naganadel decks.
  • Moltres is a nice alternate non-GX attacker in Magcargo decks.
  • Gyarados could be a deck on his own with Muscle Pad but the Lightning weakness hurts.
  • Articuno seems to be a decent addition to Quagsire decks.
  • Pikachu & Zekrom GX could be a decent tech in selected Lightning decks but the prize trade can backfire when faced with a non-GX deck.
  • Electrode is a nice addition to the arsenal of Lightning support.
  • Gengar & Mimikyu GX could be a decent tech in some Malamar variants if hand sizes start to increase again.
  • Mr. Mime is decent in decks that are unable to ohko.
  • Primeape could be interesting with Exp. Share and Diancie Prism Star and Prof. Kukui.
  • Omastar and Kabutops could be an interesting combo but the fact that they evolve from the same Fossil holds them back.
  • Dragonite could be an automatic tech card in any deck that runs Lance Prism Star.
  • Eevee & Snorlax GX may have potential as a tech in Malamar decks.
  • Tauros is an interesting card when combined with Giratina.
  • Aerodactyl is a nice addition to non-Gx decks but may require the addition of Jirachi and Bill's analysis to fish out Unidentified Fossil.
  • Judge’s Whistle is great for Zoroark control decks to recycle Judge.
  • Pokemon Communication could be an excellent addition to Lost March decks or any other deck that runs a thick Pokémon line.
  • Erika’s Hospitality is a great draw supporter in the current meta with several means to reduce ones own hand size and current average bench sizes. Might become a stable 2-off similar to Colress.
  • Brock’s Grit is an instant inclusion in Magcargo and Vikavolt decks.
  • Bill’s Analysis is a nice addition to decks with higher trainer counts.
  • Volkner is the best alternate art reprint. Love the art on this card.

Last edited:

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
^I'd join in, but this is a place for us to discuss Pokemon :) , not politics. I'll let the mods handle the above posts.

Sabrina's Suggestion seems sketchy; if being the key word; what happens when your opponent only has Elm's in hand, and your deck can't use Elm's. Or if you want to keep something in the active and the only thing your opponent's got is Guzma (not sure if you can midway jump ship and not copy anything, but if you were forced to copy Guzma, that would be scary). And what if they don't have a supporter; Sabrina doesn't do anything but burn your per turn supporter. It's a supporter that could go wrong quite easily; most decks only run 2-3 Guzma, so just add another Guzma in if you wish. Plus with Erika coming, there's enough draw support to be had.
Summed up, I don't believe it will be very consistent or nessecary.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
we're on page 5 already. Damn son!! i'm really late to this party.
  • As a fan of the classic sets like base, jungle and fossil i'm loving the reprints of Fossil Lapras and Fossil Moltres.
  • I've been waiting 7 years for a reprint of Pokemon Communication. Now I can get rid of my hand full of jumpluff when playing lost march, to put them back into the deck to use skiplooms ability without having to worry about the last jumpluff, being the jumpluff in my hand.
  • Brock's grit is another awesome card to return. it got rotated out of standard in september this year, and i still have my full art brock's grit! feels good man. I've been waiting for a Super Rod reprint, but this will do for now.
  • We also now have Brock and Frying pan in the same format. enter the drying pan memes!!
  • Judge's whistle is awesome. Its a 1 card base set Bill, or a Judge (if there is one in the discard pile). if you play $ copies of Judge you basically have 8 copies in the deck now with this card. that is if you don't use the first effect.
  • Omastar is broken, and when combined with Kabutops you got yourself a pretty powerful lock deck. though a reminder that these are stage 2 pokemon now, so you will have to rely on rare candy for them.
  • Exeggutor is amazing in expanded with the propagation exeggcute.
  • Mr Mime says no to any acerola plays. which i love. rip zoroark looping shenanigans. (though if alolan muk comes out then uh oh!)

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
Starmie – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Hey-ya!

haha!

Also, it seems to be the ideal partner for L&L Tag.

Also, I'm sure someone already pointed this out, but Hey-ya! This was too funny to ignore~