Kangaskhan-GX, Jolteon, and Other Gym Promos Revealed!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Jolteon - Good ability, good RC, bad atk. Who cares that atk? 4 Geodudes
  • Carvanha, Clefairy, Dragonair - ehh
  • Kangaskhan GX - You mostly need Choice Band for a Buzzwole KO, not the bell one. 3
  • Tiny Bell - This, Parasect, and Kangaskhan can make confusion interesting but not fitting to the format right now. 3

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Sky Field. Jolteons. Gengars. 160 dmg to attach an energy. Wailord/Mag Tag Team GX in active. Hammers in the wings. Max Potion at the ready.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Sky Field. Jolteons. Gengars. 160 dmg to attach an energy. Wailord/Mag Tag Team GX in active. Hammers in the wings. Max Potion at the ready.
I think jolteon would be better suited in Zoro control. It would help getting knockouts on larger pokemon, and lowers the amount of hammers and plumeria needed at all times.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I hope it's a promo. Please have it be a promo. If they put it in the set, I'll pull 5 of them.

It'll be Kommo-o all over again.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
It seems confusion is really getting a lot more focus on it than it has before. It's interesting, probably still one of the less useful status conditions, but still interesting. Once Parasect is out and the Tinnitus Bell I might try something. However, I think just using Parasect with the Tag Bolt Tentacruel, Nihilego GX, and Seviper (More Poison ability) would be at least a little more consistent.

Still, relying on residual damage from status is always less reliable than just straight up attacking with big numbers. I can't remember, are there any pokémon with "Hex" attacks that do more damage to defending pokémon inflicted with status in the current format?

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Use fairy energy in Kagaskhan GX so you can use Nihilego GX and Comfey combo to prevent yourself being confused by your own Nihilego GX.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
It seems confusion is really getting a lot more focus on it than it has before. It's interesting, probably still one of the less useful status conditions, but still interesting. Once Parasect is out and the Tinnitus Bell I might try something. However, I think just using Parasect with the Tag Bolt Tentacruel, Nihilego GX, and Seviper (More Poison ability) would be at least a little more consistent.

Still, relying on residual damage from status is always less reliable than just straight up attacking with big numbers. I can't remember, are there any pokémon with "Hex" attacks that do more damage to defending pokémon inflicted with status in the current format?

Salazzle's usually do stuff with conditions, I think the Ultra Prism one does 60+ damage if your opponent has existing special conditions

Toxicolofett00

Aspiring Trainer
So I could see Kangaskhan working with nihilego maybe also poliwrath from base set idk help I want to make one of my favorite Pokemon good ;-;

Pawsquisher

Aspiring Trainer

Jolteon has to be the active pokemon for its ability to work tho, so its a max 100 damage per energy with 4 Gengar & Jolteon in the active... Then mag/lord is pretty useless if its just chillin on the bench lol

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
So Kangaskhan is the last GX?
What will come next generation? I hope Tag Team GX don't last long and in my opinion GX were a very good solution as extra cards, compared to EX.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
So Kangaskhan is the last GX?
What will come next generation? I hope Tag Team GX don't last long and in my opinion GX were a very good solution as extra cards, compared to EX.
We do have a Dedenne GX coming in Night Unison, so I think the main set will mainly focus on Tag Teams, while minisets will have both Tag Teams and regular GX's