Secret Rare Versions of Tag Team Pokemon-GX Revealed!

Amazing artworks on all the secret rares!!! I need them all :)

Wailord&Magikarp and Snorlax&Eevee secret rares are much better than the regular art, pretty cool!

Last edited:
PLANETA and 5Ban do some good GX art, but I think it's about time other artists did some GX cards for a change. Magikarp and Wailord is the funniest one; Ooyama did them justice. Midori Harada's art style actually suits Gengar and Mimikyu too.

I think this is what they meant by different rarities for Tag Team GX. More secrets/alternate artwork, not them having a completely different rarity to normal GX in general.

I know it would break the whole idea of the set being kanto and all but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred a celebi/grovyle tag team.
Anyway that venasaur/celebi art is absolutely amazing

The numbering suggest that they still have another secret rarity, probably just the standard full arts. I hope that since they have 2 secret rare versions it means that they don't have hyper rares. Really don't want to collect 4 rarities of each Tag Team GX...

I’m really ok if we stray away from hyper rares and just stick with regular and full arts like with what they did with the EX Pokémon. The artwork is vastly different and a nice change of pace. The minimalistic art in the full arts for S&M era stuff was nice, but kind of boring now.

OOyama and Tomokazu Komiya on the FA Secret RR's and sleeves?.
Definitely a refreshing step up starting from the Shining GX'es to be different art from the reprinted copycat Ultra Rares that we've had to endure for this whole generation until recent. Alternative art should take a more serious direction in the role for collectors as it has done before on really exclusive circumstances like the Rocket Case XY-P promos.

Spooky.png

I really think these are better than the regular arts. I especially like Venusaur & Celebi GX. If these are replacing HRs, I hope we still get full arts of these cards as well.

Magikarp: The circle is complete. First, I was but the smaller, now I am the bigger.
Wailord: Only bigger by art, ‘Karp.

Unfortunately not a fan of the art for Snorlax & Eevee (it's just not my style I suppose) but it's nice to see our future SRs aren't just Rainbow full arts with different textured backgrounds.

I know it would break the whole idea of the set being kanto and all but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred a celebi/grovyle tag team.
Anyway that venasaur/celebi art is absolutely amazing
I think the idea was to have at least one half of the TAG TEAM be a Kanto Pokemon. Also did you mean Sceptile? I actually think it'd be a little weird for Grovyle to be on the TAG TEAM as opposed to the final evolution stage

Back