SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
This card is #60, and Dragonite is #65.
So we will have two Dratini and two Dragonair, or we will have another Dragon type Tag Team and two Dratini and one Dragonair.

There's quite likely a Dragon-type Alolan Exeggutor in this set. 2 Dratini, 1 Dragonair, 1 Dragonite would match up with what's typical in other sets anyway.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
This card is #60, and Dragonite is #65.
So we will have two Dratini and two Dragonair, or we will have another Dragon type Tag Team and two Dratini and one Dragonair.
Remember, there's also the Alolan Exeggutor from the booster box, that could be a Dragon-type!

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Nidoqueen + Malamar is enough, you dont need to play Nidoking, 3 malamar and Nidorinas/Nidoqueens on the bench can reach the 200 easily

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Holy crap. It's been SIX YEARS since we've had both a Nidoking and Nidoqueen in the same set. And 14 since we've had both in the same set share the same type. (Which has only ever happened one other time, two if you count Legendary Collection.)

Also, I feel old now that I realize Plasma Freeze is more than half a decade old.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Nidoqueen + Mysterious treasure + rare candy = consistent set up and deck thinning. She's treecko plus ...

She can easily hit for 210 or 260 with Malamars on the bench. For a one prize attacker. Add a CB and she OHKOs 95% of the meta. Whoah.

Malamar/Nidoqueen ... here it comes.

Nidoqueen's only downsides are that retreat cost of 3 and she's stage 2.

OnGaard

Aspiring Trainer
I see a potential Team Up starter deck. But honestly Nidoqueen on it's own is good, but both King and Queen could work too. When Nidoqueen doesn't have enough evolutions on the bench to smash, nidoking could come in and do a consistent 200 (230 with choice band)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
L&L GX: The attack does a heckin’ ton of damage, and with 3 Malamar, can keep going forever without fail. The GX attack is stellar, and that’s all there is to it. It’s probably not gonna see play, but I like it anyway.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Nidoking: King Drums seems good, but can we get Nidoqueen up in time? The answer is no.
Nidoqueen: On this hand, it’s pretty good. It sets itself up and does reliable damage with only a little effort. I like it.

And it looks like Nidorina is bustin’ out the extended family, too, huh?

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
What I’ve wondered, since gen 2, when genders were introduced. If you can have a male and female Pikachu then can’t there also be the option to have a male and female Nidorino or nidoqueen? Why is this the only Pokémon to have separate genders each get their own Pokédex number?