Strategy VGC 2019 Sun Series - What's Viable? What Are You Using?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Going in, I see Xerneas and Kyogre especially are gaining a lot of traction. What do you all think is good and will get good going forward?

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Wow. Nice to see the VGC section is full of players excited for the new format.

Well, I don't see either of these being meta but I've personally enjoyed both Yveltal and Palkia. Yveltal has plenty of strong Dark moves to abuse it's Aura with, and Palkia's typing is great against Kyogre and it hits a speed tier that puts it above most of the restricted Pokemon in the format. I believe that with it's wide movepool it will only get better in the later formats this year where Z-Moves are legal.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Kyogre, Xerneas, Dusk Mane, Lunala, Groudon and Yveltal all show signs of promise in terms of restricted legendaries. The best of them all is Kyogre imo.

As for non restricted Pokemon, Incineroar, the Tapus, Kartana, Ludicolo and Amoonguss look good too. I'm not not too sure what will change in moon and ultra, though.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I've been using Xerneas with Dusk Mane Necrozma on Pokémon Showdown, and it's been pretty successful so far.

I also like the idea of Zekrom + Kyogre, which I have seen do fairly well but hasn't really been picked up so far.

Pyukumuku

BARF (Barf Arf Rf F)
I am a nub so dont take me seriously

I have been trying Kyogre with Solgaleo, although it isn't very good

Also zerarora with xurkirtee (replace zerarora with thundurus) + a kartana for good typing

Another possibility is Reshiram with Groudon

Last edited: