SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

Fun card, I could see this work with garb. Your oponent discards all trainers(Items) to lessen the damage with this tag team but then you're hitting with garp or your oponents keeps all trainers to avoid garp and then you are hitting with this

C+V TTGX: Woah! That’s... kind of underwhelming. Confusion is underrated, and you end up being able to do massive damage with the help if more support Pokémon like Infernape and Seviper show up. Solar Beam is just really mundane. The GX attack is really good. Like, REALLY GOOD. IT does boil down to being a better version of Gardevoir’s GX attack, but it’s still insane. I wouldn’t play it, but it’s a good card nonetheless.

G+M TTGX: Holy canned ravioli, I like this already. Anything with a 50x multiplier is good in my book. The GX attack, unlike some GX attacks we’ve seen, ties in nicely with the attack, and the attack is GOOD. The fact that is says “trainer” and not “item” is even better. The only problem with this is winning the Prize race. At 240 HP AND worth three Prize cards, it’s a game of speed and consistency. Blacephalon would most likely outright win against this deck. Heck, it only needs two attacks. Zoroark 2HKOs it, Granbull 2HKOs it, and all sorts of messes come up here. But, with this being a Basic and being able to start wrecking face on turn 2... it’s just a big issue.

Oh, and @Water Pokémon Master, that’s Poltergeist, not Poltergist.

Kind of underwhelming for me at least considering something with such great power in the meta right now can 1 hit knock out thing.

Dies in one hit to a single attachment from the most popular attacker around

Pls

Play gengar mimi with luxio I guess

Celebi is my fav. However, it's gonna take some work to use this grass tag team. At least it doesn't faint to a single zoroark hit.

Blowers + Sudo say no ko.
MGTTGX sucks, it’s really bad. The only redeeming factor is the GX attack, and that’s only just barely. It’s only damage source is your opponent’s hand, and it gives up 3 Prizes. No thanks.

• Gengar and Mimikyu TTGX - This is the most cheapest TTGX in terms of the ACs. The atks are promising and so many things that can pull out of it. Like Garb or some sort. The last Pokémon we've seen having the Poltergeist atk was Trevenant and it saw no play and dependent with AOR Vileplume. The GX is always nuts. 5 Geodudes. Oops, 4 because Zoroark can OHKO it.
  • Tauros - I saw that TAUROS-GX will make a comeback. Damage Mover won't help since: 1.)Burning cards won't help since no essential way to recover items back. 2.) 30 dmg is low. 4 Geodudes
  • Pinsir - Another Victini thing. But it won't help because it flips 2 coins to KO something and it has 25% chance of happening (w/o Victini). 3 Geodudes

I have a feeling Malamar decks (specifically more "toolbox" variants) just get better and better with these tag team cards that can work really well with not only Malamar, but Marshadow-GX paired with Malamar to copy these attacks from the discard pile and only take 2 prizes instead of 3 (So much for the argument of Zoroark taking a knockout for half of your prizes).

Anyways, as a once semi-devoted Zoroark / Alolan Golem player on PokeBeach Tournaments let me tell you that using Alolan Golem's GX attack to block cards being played from the hand was almost similar to just taking an extra turn. All your opponent could do was draw a card, use abilities, retreat and attack. Nothing else. Sure it doesn't do any damage unlike Golem, but this is on a basic Pokemon instead of a stage 2 and it only costs 2 Psychics instead of 2 Lightning and 2 Colorless, something which can be easily charged on via Malamar.

Other things I want to note: This GX attack with 2 Psychic energies attached should be hilarious against Granbull decks because they can't burn their hand.

Both attacks are nice (I think some people forget the fact that it uses both trainers and items to calculate the damage) but it's weak to Zoroark and gives 3 prizes...Maybe (and that's a big maybe) a 1-of in Malamar with Marshadow.

Pinsir&Tauros: Meme decks incoming! Alright, maybe the Tauros will actually be good. The illustration is pretty cool at least.

Gengar and Mimikyu have awesome art and the attacks are decent. The weakness combined with the Tag Team Rule sure bites. Not sure on this one at the moment. Snorlax and Eevee seem to be a more reliable tech in some of the decks that would have considered to run this one. Tauros, on the other hand, looks like a decent addition to Malamar Giratina decks.

To be honest, the tag teams Gx are all pretty mediocre. Pikachu Zekrom Gx hits a bad weakness, and suffers from a bad weakness, Eevee and snorlax Gx suffers from the same issues as pikachu and zekrom but also has meh attacks, magicarp and wailord has terrible attacks and only could be used as a one of in Expanded stall decks along side wailord Ex. Celebi and Venusaur has a bad weakness, bad attacks and lack of ways to accelerate energy to it reliably to use its interesting at best Gx attack. On gengar and mimykyu Gx, attack that can be played around, and riotous beating knockout. They are like the original ex from ruby and sapphire, bad but then with the next sets they slowly get better. But as of now, don’t mind me, just playing Zororoc and decimating all of these three prizers.

Back