SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

Wechselbalg

brb
This one's pretty meh, but the GX attack is sweet. Then again it still costs way too much and I don't really see SLG Venusaur becoming meta anytime soon.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
With 5 energy, that gx attack is crazy! Maybe pair this with vikavolt or SHL venusaur for energy acceleration. Really nice art too

TheRealBro..

Allright, so after the crazy expensive christmas weeks I'm gonna have to sell some furniture to get the money for the three cases I need from this set.

Venusaur looks majestic again!! Flash backs to the Base Set card anyone? Oh and Celebi makes the card even more epic.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I love this because it looks like Celebi is going to physically assault the opposing Pokemon using Venusaur's vine as a baton.

I'll take 4.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I really like it, I hope they make Blastoise too. But honesty, I wish they would do the tag teams art like the regular GXs. This hand drawn art just does not really look right on these imo.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Venusaur and Celebi TTGX - The attacks are alright, dmg control at least. The GX atk is nuts. You have Totem Venusaur to help you out. APCA will give Venusaur 300 HP, Brawny Pads gives it 350. Bulk at its best. 5 Geodudes
  • Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - Nice one, TPCi. You make Pidgeotto 60 HP in order to Elm it out. Give decks a utility. Love it but not the bench space and consistency. Pidgeot is alright. 2/4/3

Scoop

Literally a sheep
In terms of the card itself it feels like it has the same issues as recent Venusaurs. Good in concept but high energy costs and not enough damage to really make it worth using. Both M Venusaurs suffered the same issue, which is a shame because I always wanted Crisis Vine to work.

I really like it, I hope they make Blastoise too. But honesty, I wish they would do the tag teams art like the regular GXs. This hand drawn art just does not really look right on these imo.

Interesting, do you want it like that for uniformity?? I personally love the art on these and it's really starting to make this era even better. I love when ultra rares have a variation in artwork (think XY with cards like colorless Ray or Hoopa-EX having gorgeous 2d artwork).

I honestly think these tag teams are going to be amazing collector pieces and I personally cant wait until they come out.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
46525800_2126231234359977_7866336519357726720_n.jpg
English card was uploaded in the internet as well

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Mitsuhiro is killing it. The artwork for this card is incredible - I can't remember the last time I've seen a sassy Celebi haha, maybe Boundaries Crossed?

The card itself is pretty underwhelming and the Weakness to Fire is no bueno, but I'm just really happy with the artwork of these TAG TEAM cards.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Mechanically I feel like it's the least interesting of all revealed so far, but dang this is DEFINITELY the best artwork of all revealed so far I love it!