SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

Quilnation

Aspiring Trainer
Even with Aqua Patch, you need to do something else while you're powering this thing up on the bench – 300 HP might be the new record, but this meta has a healthy damage output such that giving up 3 prizes for it by leaving it in active is NG.

edit: it's obviously real, I doubt anyone is at the level of faking Arita art
Oopsie, you commented on the wrong post

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
No hiding on the bench anymore. With Ninetales....
NOTHING CAN ESCAPE THE KILLER CLOWN!

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite appears really good. I feel like it would in theory be interesting with virizion as you could string trainers and utilize Virizion's GX attack if you ever needed the bench space for something else.

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
I smell some Pidgeotto/Marcago synergy here.

Also this is better than A-Sandslash "draw one card" ability so Unown HAND decks have more options

Edit: Elm can even grab the Pidgeotto line which makes it more swell for a bench sitter

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
It's interesting that since Dragonite is #65 and Eevee & Snorlax-GX is #66 (unless there's some difference in how the Tag Teams are ordered in the setlist), this set won't contain many Normal and/or Flying-type lines that are often considered classic to Kanto (ie Pidgeot, Fearow, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Ditto)

With the reveal of the Pidgey line, so it appears Tag Teams take priority over dex order.

I wonder if Pidgey #2 will have 60HP, that'd be funny sharing the same health as its evolution.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I smell some Pidgeotto/Marcago synergy here.

Also this is better than A-Sandslash "draw one card" ability so Unown HAND decks have more options

Edit: Elm can even grab the Pidgeotto line which makes it more swell for a bench sitter
Too bad Pidgeotto is getting it's Base Set HP.. on the other hand, Elm can find this sibling

Wechselbalg

brb
Uhhh, I'm not too sure about Magcargo+Pidgeotto. Two otherwise useless stage 1 bench sitters...I mean, what deck can afford/needs this exactly?

Last edited:

IvanAipom93

Ice/Electric type member
Low HP is a problem, but it gives unlimited access for Elm to both Basic and Stage 1 (so you evolve straight the next turn).

Talking about the card, I repeat, 60 HP is a problem (easily destroyed by damage spread decks and similar); but also, one free Acro Bike every turn is not something to undersee. That's REALLY interesting, has synergy with some popular decks, and is useful so everyone.