Discussion Best User of Naganadel (Lost Thunder)

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
What deck do you think would be able to get the best use out of the new Naganadel from Lost Thunder? So far, I've seen Blacephalon using it pretty well, but I've also seen a deck making use of it alongside Dragon Majesty's Quagsire and maybe Suicune-GX. Recently, I've also been using it alongside Rayquaza-GX with Energy Switches and Wishful Batons.

Have any of you thought of any other good partners to go with Lost Thunder's Naganadel?

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Camerupt EX. It's Blacephalon, but it takes a DCE attachment as well. In return the energies go to the discard pile instead of the lost zone. Wicked powerful if it doesn't get outsped.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What deck do you think would be able to get the best use out of the new Naganadel from Lost Thunder? So far, I've seen Blacephalon using it pretty well, but I've also seen a deck making use of it alongside Dragon Majesty's Quagsire and maybe Suicune-GX. Recently, I've also been using it alongside Rayquaza-GX with Energy Switches and Wishful Batons.

Have any of you thought of any other good partners to go with Lost Thunder's Naganadel?

That Quagsire deck is pretty nifty. I don't think it's going to be a major meta deck, but it does seem to be pretty quick if you're unable to mess with the pieces (and it has a lot of pieces!).

What about a deck with something like Tapu Koko GX (a card which lets you pull energy to it from other cards when you put it out)? Basically having instantly charged attack cards?

mattfofatt01

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not saying it is the best but I enjoy playing it with Turtonator from Dragons Majesty. Essentially it is blacephalon for 1 more energy cost (multiswitch play if needed) for a 1 prize attacker and it sends to the discard pile so you can re-use it. Also Zinnia attaches 2 basics from hand to the next turt when one goes down!

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
That Quagsire deck is pretty nifty. I don't think it's going to be a major meta deck, but it does seem to be pretty quick if you're unable to mess with the pieces (and it has a lot of pieces!).

What about a deck with something like Tapu Koko GX (a card which lets you pull energy to it from other cards when you put it out)? Basically having instantly charged attack cards?

That's a really interesting idea. I'm definitely going to test it!

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Quagsire is a pain to go against. and it is immune to Shrine of Punishment. Huge bummer!

Quagsire/Naga is a deck that's been on my radar for a little while, but I always felt like it doesn't have enough quick power behind its attacks to make a major impact. At minimum attachments, there really aren't any Water types that can hit for higher than 120 without burning a GX move, so that's a major let-down. If they could hit that magic number of 130 without it being overkill, it would be great, but it doesn't, so that's a bummer.

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
Blissey/Quagsire/Naga is insane. Plus flipTini of course. 3 coin flips, 80 damage per, for 3 energy and on a single prizer. It came out of nowhere at locals and wrecked my day.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Blissey/Quagsire/Naga is insane. Plus flipTini of course. 3 coin flips, 80 damage per, for 3 energy and on a single prizer. It came out of nowhere at locals and wrecked my day.
Why NagaQuag when you can just run Malamar?

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
The setup is different. You're setting up one quagsire to move energies around and 2-3 Naganadel to get them back each turn whereas in malamar you have to keep the energy to the bench unless you play lunala gx or something else to move the energy around. Plus, malamar is expected and hunted down quite a bit. Even then I guess 2 of the top 8 at Roanoke were malamar. *shrug* Go for it.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
The setup is different. You're setting up one quagsire to move energies around and 2-3 Naganadel to get them back each turn whereas in malamar you have to keep the energy to the bench unless you play lunala gx or something else to move the energy around. Plus, malamar is expected and hunted down quite a bit. Even then I guess 2 of the top 8 at Roanoke were malamar. *shrug* Go for it.
I get that Quagsire makes the energies go to the active instead of the bench. The point i'm making is that on top of same amount of set up Blissey/Malamar does, the NagaQuag variant has to do the same work AND step up a 3rd stage one in order for the deck to work. Doesn't seem worth it even if the energy goes to the active instead

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Is it good with Lunala GX? Retrieving Psychic energy from Discard Pile then moving between monsters looks interesting.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
I think you mean "So that I'm so reliant on Lunala GX's ability right?"
Tell me if I'm wrong.

That's true. Also, lunala is bad because it is weak to zoroark.

Yeah, you got that right! That's what I meant but missed a word.
Zoroark is everywhere on Official Tournaments right? I've been playing on Leagues so those Zoroarks still haven't reached me, but as soon as the level rises, it'll start right?
So sooner or later I'll have to retire my Lunala deck.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Yeah, you got that right! That's what I meant but missed a word.
Zoroark is everywhere on Official Tournaments right? I've been playing on Leagues so those Zoroarks still haven't reached me, but as soon as the level rises, it'll start right?
So sooner or later I'll have to retire my Lunala deck.
or you can play weakness policy