Eevee & Snorlax-GX Tag Team Partially Revealed!

A: 270 on a Basic.
B: Attach a DCE as an attack, get fully charged up in 2 turns.
C: OHKO Evolutions. ALL OF THEM.
D: GX attack is an auto KO (for the most part) and drawing a whole load of cards.
E: Oh no, you’re playing against Fighting! You’re dead! Oh wait, there’s Weakness Policy.
That’s five reasons that this card is broken. Their broken-ness and power creepiness are distasteful to my palate.

2 Quick Questions Tag team GX count as a GX? (Hoopa, Alolan Ninetails shine of panishment e.t.c)

[C][C][C][C]+ Megaton Frenzy GX: 210 damage. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), draw cards until you have 10 cards in your hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Before or after price taken?

I get but also don't get why people get so...reactionary on "power creep". Like of course every single set is going to have some form of power creep. It HAS too otherwise the company cannot make money
Yeah, but that’s the problem with the entire Pokémon TCG!
(plus imo it makes the game more interesting).
How, exactly?

2 Quick Questions Tag team GX count as a GX? (Hoopa, Alolan Ninetails shine of panishment e.t.c)

[C][C][C][C]+ Megaton Frenzy GX: 210 damage. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), draw cards until you have 10 cards in your hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Before or after price taken?
Resolve damage THEN resolve effects THEN resolve KOs.
I think.

Eevee... and Snorlax? I have to say that's an unusual pair-up. It's like they drew names from a hat so they could put together an OP Pokemon with a weakling. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Let's Go Pikachu& Eevee - first Tag Team revealed had Pikachu in it, now it's Eevee's turn.

Zoarark: laughs at malamar and its puny darkness weaknesses
Malamar: places, instantly charges, and OHKOs Zoarark.
Zoarark: :eek:

Weakness to fighting. Again. A LOT of pokemon can OHKO that thing, including baby buzz with a little help on the Sledghammer turn.

Not playing against fighting? then that's a pretty wicked card.
Solgaleo+Choice Band+Dhelmise

This is the second Tag Team GX fully revealed. Look at any other new card mechanic added to the game. They only get more powerful as the sets go on.
Shuckle and Mr. Mime GX say hi. Meowstic EX meows at you

Eevee / Snorlax looks pretty good, mainly for the second attack. Against basic GX's, it's not too great, but against Evolution Pokemon it's amazing. That's probably obvious but I want to point out how much of a difference this makes. With a Choice Band and the proper requirements, it just deletes the pokemon and unlike SUM Solgaleo-GX, this is an attack in which you A. can attack next turn, and B. you don't even discard the energies. Even if this card was against a basic pokemon, you could still use the GX attack, still get a KO and maybe refresh your hand all in one go. Honestly this card is stupid good with the only downside being it offers 3 prizes.
Marshadow GX and his buddy Malamar say hi.
....Oh god.....

A: 270 on a Basic.
B: Attach a DCE as an attack, get fully charged up in 2 turns.
C: OHKO Evolutions. ALL OF THEM.
D: GX attack is an auto KO (for the most part) and drawing a whole load of cards.
E: Oh no, you’re playing against Fighting! You’re dead! Oh wait, there’s Weakness Policy.
That’s five reasons that this card is broken. Their broken-ness and power creepiness are distasteful to my palate.

About E:

There's also Newgaleo (ability nullification of Fighting weakness) + 2-of Baby Magcargo(Rare Candy top-deck) and 1-of Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX + Altar of the Moone(Invasion)(Solves the 4 Retreat Cost problem):

Pokemon:
2-2 Newgaleo
2-2 Magcargo
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX
1 Eevee & Snorlax Tag Team-GX
3-3 Malamar
2 Necrozma-GX
2 Mimikyu GRI

Energy: 10
7 Psychic
3 DCE(Don't need it anywhere other than Newgaleo, and sometimes, the Tag Team card)

^ If the above lines or similar takes off, which I doubt will happen due to the 3 prize card cost if KO'd, I believe you could slap the ban hammer and say goodbye to Newgaleo in both Standard AND expanded due to its ability potentially forcing players into a choice that makes the metagame not so balanced:Use the big numbers of SUM Solgaleo-GX + Solgaleo Prism Star + GRI Dhelmise + Choice Band JUST to beat the Tag Team, use the tag team or throw in the defeat towel, and forcing people into such a quandary usually means there's a problem card that deserves to get kicked out of rotation prematurely due to possession of an element that breaks the game: a toxic card... :(

^ TPCi, I await your input in regards to tag teams in tandem w/ Newgaleo...

Last edited:
About E:

There's also Newgaleo (ability nullification of Fighting weakness) + 2-of Baby Magcargo(Rare Candy top-deck) and 1-of Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX + Altar of the Moone(Invasion)(Solves the 4 Retreat Cost problem):

Pokemon:
2-2 Newgaleo
2-2 Magcargo
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX
1 Eevee & Snorlax Tag Team-GX
3-3 Malamar
2 Necrozma-GX
2 Mimikyu GRI

Energy: 10
7 Psychic
3 DCE(Don't need it anywhere other than Newgaleo, and sometimes, the Tag Team card)

^ If the above lines or similar takes off, which I doubt will happen due to the 3 prize card cost if KO'd, I believe you could slap the ban hammer and say goodbye to Newgaleo in both Standard AND expanded due to its ability potentially forcing players into a choice that makes the metagame not so balanced:Use the big numbers of SUM Solgaleo-GX + Solgaleo Prism Star + GRI Dhelmise + Choice Band JUST to beat the Tag Team, use the tag team or throw in the defeat towel, and forcing people into such a quandary usually means there's a problem card that deserves to get kicked out of rotation prematurely due to possession of an element that breaks the game: a toxic card... :(

^ TPCi, I await your input in regards to tag teams in tandem w/ Newgaleo...
BINGO!

not only the Eevee & Snorlax-GX is splash-able, going 2nd can consistently 1HKO 2 GX on turn 2 & 3

wow its just crazy, but I already love it!
very interesting mechanic, eager to see how it will be played

Back