Contest CaC September '18: Back to Basics! (All Results Up!)

Cheers for this Jabber, I'vebeen waiting before the next submission. Because I definitely would have made the same errors again :D

Fonts and Placement errors:
- Pokémon name (“Cubone”) should be Gill Sans Bold, somewhat compressed horizontally. [-1 point]
- Attack numerals (“10”) should be in Futura std Heavy, and the + is a symbol that can be found on most symbolsheets. [-2 points]

- The current wording implies that since none of it actually counts as evolving Fennekin, you can use the Ability indefinitely, as many times as you draw into Braixen during your turn. I feel like that’s probably not what you intended (and it’d be overpowered if you did) so am docking [-2 points] for the missing clarification clause.

That was intentional, actually. I thought it'd be neat to be able to have around 2-3 Braixen in your hand and accelerate onto Fennekin all in 1 turn, hence why there's no clause. I get the dock though, if you believe that's a little too powerful.

That was intentional, actually. I thought it'd be neat to be able to have around 2-3 Braixen in your hand and accelerate onto Fennekin all in 1 turn, hence why there's no clause. I get the dock though, if you believe that's a little too powerful.
Ahh, okay. Yeah I'd consider that a bit broken. I like the concept, but I think it'd require some more tweaking –– the points would have to be docked either from wording or from believability.

Still a really neat card. ^.^

Oh, thanks for posting the results! Your review will certainly help me in the next CaC, specially the Weakness/Resistance tip :)

I thought the different Weakness/Resistance would be interesting to the TCG, so people running a monotype deck wouldn't be in complete disadvantage if they had bad luck with the opponent's deck. But I accept the piece of advice and will follow the format in the next card! I'll use more references too, to avoid the wording errors hahah

Furthermore, I'd like to thank all of the people involved with the CaC Contests. It was really fun to be part of it, I'll definitely try to participate in all of the next challenges :)

Back