Ruling Aero Trail Tapu Koko GX

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
Ability — Aero Trail
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may move any number of Lightning Energy from your other Pokemon to this Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

does "0" count as "any number"? because (afaik) I can't move my Tapu Koko GX into the active when I play him online while I move 0 energies to him.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Question, why would you play Koko without using the ability? It's an easy two prize cards for your oppement!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ability — Aero Trail
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may move any number of Lightning Energy from your other Pokemon to this Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

does "0" count as "any number"? because (afaik) I can't move my Tapu Koko GX into the active when I play him online while I move 0 energies to him.
1: Play this Pokémon from your hand onto your bench. Check.
2: Move any number of [L] Energy to this Pokémon. Nope.
3 only activates if energy was moved to Koko. “Any number of energy” references any number between 1-57.

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
Question, why would you play Koko without using the ability? It's an easy two prize cards for your oppement!
because your active pokémon is also a GX pokémon and would be knocked out next turn whereas koko can survive a hit, for example

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
because your active pokémon is also a GX pokémon and would be knocked out next turn whereas koko can survive a hit, for example
But putting up a Koko with no energy means you aren't going to be attacking which is bad. You're just going to have a damaged Koko in the active and still have the damaged pokemon on the bench. You're not putting your self in a better position doing this

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
But putting up a Koko with no energy means you aren't going to be attacking which is bad. You're just going to have a damaged Koko in the active and still have the damaged pokemon on the bench. You're not putting your self in a better position doing this
there is always Acerola for that :p
but I just saw a friend do it in a friendly match and I didn't think you actually could do it but he said you could so I wanted to be sure about it, I didn't know the reasoning behind why he did it