'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
In all honesty, this seems like a set that will not be made into an English set. The demand would be/is outrageous, and I can just imagine the price gouging some people would engage in.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong. So many of these cards are beautiful and belong in everyone's collections.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
In all honesty, this seems like a set that will not be made into an English set. The demand would be/is outrageous, and I can just imagine the price gouging some people would engage in.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong. So many of these cards are beautiful and belong in everyone's collections.
It'd be alright if the SSRs were turned into its own set, even if it was distributed in a form similar to Generations / Shining Legends / Dragon Majesty, but as is, this is a ridiculous set and it's completely offputting to see them do this.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Does anyone know any sites where I can import these for a cheap price? I want to get a box so I can use some of the GX cards as proxies (Why did they stop world wide legality....)

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Welp. The possibility of only ONE non-GX shiny per box killed all my excitement for this set... Way to bring an easy home-run down to a likely distribution disaster, Pokemon.

ShinyJordeon

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know any sites where I can import these for a cheap price? I want to get a box so I can use some of the GX cards as proxies (Why did they stop world wide legality....)

It's sold out worldwide for normal prices. You wont find it with any lower price then $100

fleshrum

Cephalophore
so most of these cards are playable? right? that's insane. Unprecedented.

If this shows up as a subset with the same sort of distribution as the Japanese set, then the english copies will cost a lot. But if this shows up as a usual subset, like RC3... woah. just woah.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Does the X over the Team Sull logo on Guzma’s sweatshirt mean that he’s quitting Team Skull or something?

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
I just hope we get that set as a sub set like radiant star it helps financially alot if u want to play competetivly

Vaskemaskinen

Henlo ^^
So, we got a lot of relevant and meta pokemon, but no garbodor? The trashbag changed and have been fairly relevant in the meta for a long time!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
This is what i like to call a wallet Destroyer. And the only way to get what you want is to spend money on cases just to get all the shinies. It's a collector's nightmare. Plus not every secret rare will be high in value. It's Crimson Invasion all over again.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
As awesome as this set it ive decided to pass... on watching many box openings avg is 2 shiny, 1 shiny gx and 1 supporter FA a box - even seen a couple boxes with NO shiny fa... if i see a complete set in future i would maybe bite the bullet if not too bad a price but box pulling and chasing individual cards just is too much for me.... lets hope if it ever makes it to english its handled better, but u dont think it will - the golden cards will pop up sure but rest will stay jap without doubt...

Having said that is korea getting this? If so and their regular box price id take a couple dozen boxes... and still have change compared to a normal case of 6 :D

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
my guess,

the shiny versions are in special pack similar to Dragons Majesty/Shining Legends next fall, but with alt art numbering and keeping their legality intact

the gold versions are in Team Up in February extending the legalization until Worlds 2021.
(yes, i know they will rotate in Japan next year cause they are in their A subblock, and we have a tapu lele/fini box with alt arts)

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
In such a beautiful oppertunity for a set, they actually went in and included Garchomp for a shining slot instead of another more vibrant dragon. The Glaceon, Leafeon, Umbreon and Articuno are all so terrible choices. Classic Pokémon.

On the other side the stand outs for me are the green Scizor, Espeon, Sudowoodo, Ho-Oh and the ghost white Eevee which I love so much and are all so wonderful to see. ^_^

Last edited:

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
As awesome as this set it ive decided to pass... on watching many box openings avg is 2 shiny, 1 shiny gx and 1 supporter FA a box - even seen a couple boxes with NO shiny fa... if i see a complete set in future i would maybe bite the bullet if not too bad a price but box pulling and chasing individual cards just is too much for me.... lets hope if it ever makes it to english its handled better, but u dont think it will - the golden cards will pop up sure but rest will stay jap without doubt...

Having said that is korea getting this? If so and their regular box price id take a couple dozen boxes... and still have change compared to a normal case of 6 :D
Link the boxes with no FA shiny? Because that's literally not supposed to be possible.

Don't have to exaggerate or bend the truth to make this set not worth buying with how bad the real ratios already are.