'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

Vivek M

Aspiring Trainer
They look amazing.

I am pretty sure what they are doing is to print every Shiny pokemon that is relevant to meta right now.

Because, why not. It's good money for them.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my gosh...not all of them are GX Pokemon. This is amazing. I would love a full playset of shiny Inkay and Malamar yes please. Please Japan please release these over here.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Oh my god those are gorgeous. I really want these in the West now... (Shiny baby Buzzwole and Sudowoodo for my BuzzLyc please? ♡)

I adore the way these look, I really do. Although yeah it's a massive set and it's kinda unnecessary these cards are really nice to look at and the inner collector in me adores it. I swear this era just gets better and better...

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Rowlet, Inkay and the other regular Shiny's have an S-symbol instead of the SSR symbol. Does that make them maybe available one every booster pack (maybe the four holo's are: 1 holo, 1 reverse, 1 S-shiny, 1 GX)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
After years of experimenting with holofoil textures, it has all led up to this. They look beautiful!

And I guess since the Rowlett evolution line is shiny, that means there will be shiny Ralts and Kirlia cards. As if just wanting the shiny Gardevoir GX wasn't expensive enough. My poor wallet...

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I can't see them going through the printing and manufacturing headaches for those foil cards and then not printing them in the US given the demand.

The question becomes: how much for a booster? Still $4? Or $6?

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I'm expecting a safety notice printed on the back of every GX Ultra Shiny booster box.

*Sunglasses are highly advised when handling Shiny cards. Please do not point directly at sunlight.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I have a bad feeling we won't be getting all these Shiny cards until next year's subset (Generations, Shining Legends, Dragon Majesty), but I guess it'll be worth the wait lol

Wechselbalg

brb
Now *these* actually look pretty cool. The Rowlet in the previous news article was also very nice. I'd rather have such reprints with alternate artwork either as promos or as secret rares in future sets than a full set dedicated to reprints that are just recolored versions of previous cards.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
After years without galaxy foil holographics in main sets, I can forgive TPCi if these are available worldwide.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
Now *these* actually look pretty cool. The Rowlet in the previous news article was also very nice. I'd rather have such reprints with alternate artwork either as promos or as secret rares in future sets than a full set dedicated to reprints that are just recolored versions of previous cards.
please no. maybe promos but having basics and such as secrets is awful and brings back terrible memories.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
please no. maybe promos but having basics and such as secrets is awful and brings back terrible memories.

I actually liked how the Platinum-era Secrets were done. That being said, it was only 3 per set, not the 10 billion we see here.

Given the sheer volume of secret rares here, I'm not expecting a lot of them to appear outside Japan. We might get some as promos, but I can't see them bending over backwards to give us so many. (Unless we actually get a set based on this one, but that doesn't seem terribly likely.)

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I'm gonna guess each pack is gonna come with 1 GX, 1 regular Shiny, 1 Holo, and 1 Reverse - then of course the 1 Shiny Full Art GX per box would replace 1 of the regular GX's