'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Wasn't it in a previous post regarding this set that stated every booster pack will have a guaranteed Pokemon GX card?

If so this set is huge for making the game more affordable. A lot of good GXs in here.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Maybe Tag Bolt(Team Up! internationally) will get no prism stars in Jap, but since the prism stars came from GX Ultra Shiny, since the cards are new cards, in English, we'll get them in Team Up!, and that will be all the Prim Stars we'll ever get...
Never been a giant fan of them, but still it's a shame they only lasted five sets.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Holy crap I love this set! I really hope it comes to the west. Also, do reprint sets usually mean that the generation is soon coming to an end?

The new trainer cards look amazing! Though it's a shame N didn't get reprinted :(

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Some translations!

Cosmog — Psychic — HP60
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Cosmo Guard
As long as this Pokémon is on your bench, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by user's(?) attacks

[C] — Mutter — 10
Cosmog — Psychic — HP100
Stage 1 — Evolves from Cosmog

[C] — Recover
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon

Last edited:

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Fairy is starting to look really good with this set though. Anti-Ultra Beast Charm is kind of huge, but at the same time I'm not certain it's needed when you can just play the Fairy version of anti-GX Alolan Ninetales to stop all GX Pokemon since if you're playing something like a Gardevoir GX deck, you're techning in Alolan Ninetales GX from Fairy Rise anyway.

It's mostly that Stadium that's pretty huge. Making everyone else need 1 more energy to attack is pretty massive, but decks seem to run a standard of 3 stadiums minimum nowadays, so it's kind of easy to get rid of.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Some translations!

Cosmog — Psychic — HP60
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Cosmo Guard
As long as this Pokémon is on your bench, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by user's(?) attacks

[C] — Mutter — 10
Cosmog — Psychic — HP100
Stage 1 — Evolves from Cosmog

[C] — Recover
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon
</3

Looks like I still can't compete with the elite when it comes to translations.

Ah, well. Maybe one day...

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
They might've clarified "EX Ultra Beasts" on the Fairy Charm either because they just wanted to copy and paste the same template from the previous Fairy Charms, or they might've been preemptively covering themselves in case they ever end up printing an "Ultra Beast Badge" or something (like the old Team Plasma Badge, but "the Pokemon this card is attached to is now an Ultra Beast")

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's a little hard to see but the shiny Rowlet and Dartrix definitely have texture akin to the Shining Legends shinies. Just that little extra detail is so nice--I'm REALLY excited now, I really hope we get these in the west.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
They might've clarified "EX Ultra Beasts" on the Fairy Charm either because they just wanted to copy and paste the same template from the previous Fairy Charms, or they might've been preemptively covering themselves in case they ever end up printing an "Ultra Beast Badge" or something (like the old Team Plasma Badge, but "the Pokemon this card is attached to is now an Ultra Beast")

It's pretty unprecedented for a new era to refer to a retired mechanic – i.e. that the SuMo cards have continued to refer to EX cards, even having replaced it with GXes, is not really something we've seen before. This might hint that rather than retiring EXes or GXes, never to be seen again, they may leave the EX mechanic as an option on the table to use again in the future.

Why they'd do that, I don't really follow, but since this is the same block that brought back the retired Lost Zone mechanic without so much as renaming it, they may be trying to future-proof the TCG so that the expanded format is more viable/coherent (power creep will always kill it, though).

An aside; I think this set is as close to the 'North American style' as I've seen the Japanese sets get – i.e., no cohesive theme, blatantly money grabby (yeah, the card selection is pretty good, but you're buying it for the SRs) and pretty disappointing to see, imo.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Well then. I don’t have to get all he Battle Chataleine crew. Hey aren’t all stupid situational.

Ingo & Emmet are pretty good.

Wonder Labyrinth Prism is nuts!

Shaymin Prism is good for Rayquaza GX

That is all.

DiaborMagics

Experienced Fox Trainer
The stadium has the effect that opponents will have to pay one energy more for their attacks. Sylveon usually plays defensive and the higher energy requirement in combination with energy hate cards can stop opponents from spamming cheap attacks.

So here is my opinion on the new revealed information:

- The three shinies
If they ever release here especially Rayquaza and Charizard will be very expensive cards. I really love the design of Rayquaza and Charizard, Zygarde is a Pokémon that in my opinion looks awful as a shiny.

- Lycanroc GX is a good card with lower HP than the Bloodthirsty Eyes but a better regular attack. The ability is not bad but I think Bloodthirsty Eyes is better. We'll see if it will be played.

- Wonder Labyrinth Prism Star is a nice supporting stadium for Sylveon and also for Gardy. It isn't that great though but Sylveon was lacking a good stadium.
Thank you ^.^

DiaborMagics

Experienced Fox Trainer
Another very nice looking card. I dont check the site for a week and I'm suddenly bombarded with goodness! The Eeveelution GX artworks, shiny eevee, an alternate Alolan Ninetales, this Shaymin. Man I'm excited for what's hopefully coming here too in the near future.