Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
There are only 20 minutes remaining in the day. Get your night actions in and sign up for a secondary objective if you haven't already!

NinjaPenguin

Day 2 End
Developer's Note: 10/23/18
"Unfortunately, the report algorithm was unsuccessful in banning any accounts today, which was rather unfortunate. Perhaps there was a bug within the system? We're not very sure, but we will be addressing this issue and will come up with a new method of voting for everybody to use soon.

The church has been chosen, and by some divine miracle, the account of @Professor_jplap has been able to be recovered! Jpalp, please like this post to confirm that you are ready to play again!

Firekitten has been selected for the one-shot power and may choose any of the buildings that he wishes by making his selection in-thread in the next 24 hours (if he has not selected one by that point, it will be randomized)!"

100Final Vote Count

@firekitten (5): TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, firekitten, Zone Q11, roz_the_eevee, VioletValkyrie, GM DracLord
GM DracLord (0): Luispipe8
Luispipe8 (0): Luispipe8
bbninjas (1): bbninjas
Zone Q11 (1): Zone Q11

Not Voting: scattered mind, xDoggerx, MathBlade, Luispipe8

The player who was given the ability is tagged.

Inactivity List:
Did not post five times today (pace of once a day):
@xDoggerx
Did not post ten times today (pace of twice a day):
@GM DracLord
@bbninjas

Activity was fine for everybody, with the exception of xDoggerx, who has requested to sub out. Subs are currently being contacted.

Do not post. Day 3 will begin when I have processed all of the actions. This should be in less than an hour.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Day 3 Start
Developer's Note: 10/23/18
"After deliberation, we have determined the course of action for reporting today. We have decided that the best way to go about deciding on reports is with the process of true democracy! We will be submitting votes with the process of ranked choice voting! The votes will be tallied with the system of an instant runoff, and the person who is the leading candidate to be deleted at the end of this process will have their account eliminated (in the case of a tie, the person who received the most first place votes will be eliminated).
To submit votes, have them in a spoiler, like this:

We've also decided to create a free trial for up to four players! Anybody not playing this game who wishes to can like this post up until the next Game Update, and they will receive a vanilla role, but get to play in the game today, including casting a vote and participating in discussion and events. They could be either a Hacker or a Player! At the end of the day, however, their account will be deleted, so you cannot target them with night actions or vote for them today. [Notice: I'm still looking for a sub for xDoggerx. Please contact me about that alongside signing up for this if you sign up for a one day role.]

Unfortunately, one player's account has also mysteriously disappeared from the database."

Scattered mind's account was deleted. They were:
You are Thomas (Username: SecurityExpert), and you are aligned with the Players. A professional security expert, you’ve been hired by the My Bastard Village team to fix problems that the Hackers have been exploiting. You only got an account for the purpose of understanding how the game you were working on works, and honest couldn’t care much for it, but it’s your job to fix it so that’s what you’ll do.

Passive Ability: Security Wall
You may have been recently hired, but you’ve still been able to make some progress on fixing the vulnerabilities that plague this game. In fact, you’ve been able to enable players to successfully add two-factor authentication and other security features to their accounts. If your account is deleted and your work is removed, however, all players will be unable to use abilities that protect the account security of others.

Active Ability: Background Code
As a programmer, you are able to access details on whether or not developer made posts have been edited. If one has been edited, you can then dig into the IP address that edited the post, and see whether or not that post has been messed with by an outside source. Once during the game, you may PM me ##BACKGROUND: Number, where the number is the number of a post I have made in this game. You will then see if any Hackers affected the post with one of their abilities and restore it to how it would be if they didn’t modify it.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Players.
I can’t write haiku sorry
Never actually learned how to do it
But I can always try

I don’t have any. What’s yours?
Sorry for being so lost. Is this game going to be over before the day ends? Or is it suppose to replace today’s lynch?

Due to the nature of this game, actions have been processed, but feedback is limited and you will only receive a result PM if it is needed for your role to function (please clarify if this doesn't make sense). If you believe you should have received a PM, please ask me. Everybody who signed up for a secondary objective should have received one.
Day 3 has now begun, and will last 119 hours, or until Sunday, October 28rd, at 6 PM EST. You may all now post.
Actions can be sent in any time today, but will only be processed at the end of the day unless they state otherwise.
I'm still expecting at least 5 posts per player today, and want at least 10.

Last edited:

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I AM DISAPPOINTED!!
At scum for not killing me, and at my secondary objective!!

Zone Q11

Wait a minute. Background? Does this mean that scattered was the one to take the Easter Egg first!?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
50% chance of correctness is a bit low but im confident more than that of zone aligning with Hackers

##Vote: zone Q11

Zone Q11

Also, I believe I had already answered your question.
Not quite. You explained how you accepted the fact that you have used a forbidden word, but you have not explained why you stopped using the haikus. As I have repeatedly said: Those two things are separate matters with separate consequences.
50% chance of correctness is a bit low but im confident more than that of zone aligning with Hackers

##Vote: zone Q11
I couldn't agree more! Let's end me to ensure that my secondary objective fails!
##VOTE: Zone Q11

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
You have to vote for whole eleven
Otherwise none will go to heaven
In day start update it's said
How to make someone dead.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Zone's life is not ending
His kill request is pending
We still have targets few
And maybe some info new

For the love of God, we keep going with this?

Also, I'll bring it back:

"Post that contain a form of haiku"=include a haiku and type normally everything else. Please. I'm begging you.
Now, my Ability actually triggered in-between days. It activates only once and the day after I'm at vote majority at some point. When triggered, I was going to be sent a message from a random OUTSIDE chat. The message I got was:

"people would wonder why i left"

Right now it might be biased and because I literally saw this happen in one of my first games, but for a reason and the lack of uppercase "I", I have as strong feeling that the message belongs to GM Draclord. In a game a couple years ago an Ability with an effect like this scouted a post from Drac and it was dead obvious it was him because of the way he writes in English. I'm inclined to believe it's the case again; and I'm really sorry if it is and you got nailed by the same effect twice >.<

Also now that this thingy was burned I'm now a vanilla, yay...! /sarcasm

For now and until I get opinions on who the message could belong to:

##VOTE: GM Draclord

Any opinions on this? This is an actual lead, the message I got is more than likely from the scumchat, so we have a shot at nailing scum at once. Thoughts on who might that be? Or if it's present in any of the other QTs from the activity a couple days ago?

MathBlade

Aspiring Trainer
Not quite. You explained how you accepted the fact that you have used a forbidden word, but you have not explained why you stopped using the haikus. As I have repeatedly said: Those two things are separate matters with separate consequences.

I couldn't agree more! Let's end me to ensure that my secondary objective fails!
##VOTE: Zone Q11

Why do you keep going on about this ??

It doesn’t make sense for town or scum to do this.

You confuse the crap out of me.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Any opinions on this? This is an actual lead, the message I got is more than likely from the scumchat, so we have a shot at nailing scum at once. Thoughts on who might that be? Or if it's present in any of the other QTs from the activity a couple days ago?
Yes but, is Drac the only one in this game with a history of using the lowercase version? I mean, your reasoning makes sense and the only person in the game with that history is Drac. If we're wrong, I blame you.
##Vote: GM Draclord

MathBlade

Aspiring Trainer
Yes but, is Drac the only one in this game with a history of using the lowercase version? I mean, your reasoning makes sense and the only person in the game with that history is Drac. If we're wrong, I blame you.
##Vote: GM Draclord

Why are you voting him before he clarifies what he says?

(Or I should say trying as voting has to be done via spoiler)

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Why are you voting him before he clarifies what he says?

(Or I should say trying as voting has to be done via spoiler)
I contradicted myself there I believe. Not really trying until I have something more substantial. I'm getting a lot of mixed reads right now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.