Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week Nine - The Knife Game
Taking the blades to your fingers, you all cry in pain as you begrudgingly remove your fingers from your hands. What a fate, even if it isn't dying.

"Best be quick, victims! You're answering the quiz in your own blood! Just drop a small little bit onto the answer you'd like to choose!"

She giggles. It's rather expected you'd earn no remorse. Well, time to get to writing.

You can access the quiz here!

You have 48 hours, or until October 23rd at 8:00PM PST to complete your test!

Week Nine – Grand Reaper Announcement

Everyone has finished! Here are your standings!

3rd place: @Blakers with 2
2nd place: @Lord o da rings and @TOTAL_EPICNESS with 3

1st place: With a score of 4, the power and title of Grand Reaper for the ninth week goes to…
@Little Cherrim!

The Hostess claps.

"Well well, congrats! You see, for winning this, I have a special surprise for you! Inside one of these desks should be something very fun!"

Reaching a hand through the desk, you find something that was a lot smaller than you expected. Pulling it out, you find a shiny Silver Gun. It almost looks like a kid's pistol toy, but knowing the Hostess this is going to cause anything but fun.

You look over to her, to see an immediate reaction you'd never expect. She's trembling.

"Wait, that's..."

Can ghosts sweat? If so, she's totally sweating.

"No... That's not supposed to be there..."

You take a second to examine the gun. It looks incredibly well made and seems to only have a single bullet inside. You stop examining it when you hear her raise her voice.

"No! You're not allowed to have that!"

She rushes at you and grabs the knife on your desk and plunges it into your palm, almost making you drop the gun. As the blood from your new wound lands on the gun, it seems to be turning the spots from silver to black...

"Yes... Thankfully I stopped you in time..."

You're not sure what's going on, but you can tell the urgency in this situation.

"You're impure now, there's no way you can..."

Before you hear her out, you're sure she'll attack you again if you make a sudden movement. Your hands are already raised with the gun, so you can at least take aim at one of your fellow houseguests. The question is... who do you shoot?

Congratulations LC! As this week’s Grand Reaper, and the winner of the Silver Gun and Bullet, you may choose one of your fellow houseguests to shoot with the gun! Your deadline is in 24 hours, or until October 23rd at 9:00AM PST and remember to publicly post your choice in this thread!​

As the rest of you look over to the scuffle between Little Cherrim and the Hostess, you don't have much time to realize what's going on before LC quickly aims the gun and takes their best shot at @Blakers.

The Hostess yells out in shock and her expression turns to pure panic. She rushes over to the stage and grabs the Axe of Despair, charging at Blakers with a swing of the Axe. She comes in contact before...

...The Axe simply bounces off his flesh, as if it were made of metal.

Congratulations, Blakers! You've earned the divine power of the Silver Gun and Bullet! Due to the bullet's divine blessing, you've become immune to attacks from the Hostess for the remainder of the week, and earned a spot in the Final 3! Congratulations!

Again, she swings to no avail. You're not sure what's happening, but you can tell by her panicked expression and Blakers' confusion that this wasn't part of her script for the week.

"No... How could this... I did everything right!"

She begins to cry as she continues to swing weakly. You'd feel a bit bad for her if you didn't realize she had been the cause of the deaths of 12 people previously...

"Fine. You win."

She throws the Axe at Blakers and looks over to the other three.

"You, however, still have a competition to play in. And this one will make up for this. Ohhhh, it'll be fun."

Week Nine - Face Your Fears
"For this competition, we're going to be doing something very fun! We're going to be making fun of how bad you are at games! Isn't that wonderful?"

The Hostess giggles.

"Don't you remember that one competition you were really bad at? The one that you relied on your allies to win? The last possible competition you would want to play right now?

I don't think I even have to end that thought for you all to see where I'm going. Someone's going to die here, and it's going to be beautiful."

In this competition, you'll be playing the competition that you scored the lowest in! Any competition in which you have stated you intentionally received a low score is going to be ignored, and all forum discussion has been ignored due to the low amount of players.

Winning is simple! The person who beats their previous score by the highest percentage compared to the winning score from that competition will be claimed the winner!

Here are your games!

@Lord o da rings: The Hall of Knives
@Little Cherrim: Swirlix's Cotton Candy Catch!
@TOTAL_EPICNESS: Multitask 2

You have 48 hours due to the speed at which the game is travelling now and the activity I've witnessed from all of you. Therefore your deadline is October 24th at 10:00AM PST.

"Another thing... If you do poorly here, well, I need someone to take my stress out on. I'm sure you victims understand. After all, it's what you were all made for."

Last edited:
I can’t really say this without sounding arrogant, but you should’ve read it more closely, LC... the post never said the person you shot would die.

I can’t really say this without sounding arrogant, but you should’ve read it more closely, LC... the post never said the person you shot would die.

"You're impure now, there's no way you can..."

The funny thing is, this line was actually a hint to that, implying "There's no way you can use this to your advantage", or "There's no way you can reap the benefits of this".

You have 48 hours due to the speed at which the game is travelling now and the activity I've witnessed from all of you. Therefore your deadline is October 24th at 10:00AM PST.

I have been in contact with all three players and we have come to a unanimous decision from everyone to shorten the deadline by 12 hours. You have all been notified previously but it's necessary to make a revision here as well. Your new deadline is tonight, October 23rd at 10:00PM PST. In short, you have six hours remaining for any final submissions.

Week Nine – End

The deadline shortening was... a lot quicker actually. Every player has once again agreed on a deadline shortening, so the competition is over! Here's how our victim's played...

Lorde:
Competition: Hall of Knives
Previous winning score: 7 points
Lorde's competing score: 7 points
Final percentage: 100%

Little Cherrim:
Competition: Swirlix's Cotton Candy Catch
Previous winning score: 82'01"
Little Cherrim's competing score: 79'06"
Final percentage: 96.85%

TOTAL_EPICNESS
Competition: Multitask 2
Previous winning score: 63
TOTAL_EPICNESS' competing score: 83
Final percentage: 131.75%

3rd place: @Little Cherrim with 96.85%
2nd place: @Lord o da rings with 100%

1st place: With a grand score of 131.75%, @TOTAL_EPICNESS!

The Hostess giggles.

"Well, I can see we've all had fun. But like I said, I've got some stress to take out."

You don't even notice when she picked it up, but in her hands once again is the Axe of Despair.

Immediately @Little Cherrim begins to panic. They attempt to rush out of their chair and find something to defend themselves with, but in the heat of the moment they attempt to get up and end up slamming their knee against the low height of the "middle-school child" desk and pause in pain for a second. All they can really manage is attempting to kick the desk at her, which she easily avoids.

She walks up to @Little Cherrim and gives the axe a little twirl in her hands. You all wish you could do anything to stop her from taking another life, but as you try and get out of your desks, the blade already comes down. More blood covers the room as the newly deceased Little Cherrim ceases to move, a large slice down their stomach not unnoticed by anyone in the room.

"Oh this feels so good..." She laughs. "This is what true love really feels like..."

You don't even want to think about that comment.

"Well, my sweet victims, you're next in line! But I hope you know what time it is. Wouldn't want to miss your own deaths, now would we?"

She disappears from the room with a final laugh. You're willing to bet you'll be unable to get the stains of blood off your clothes.

@Little Cherrim has been killed, and evicted from the game in 4th place! LC will soon join the Haunted, where them and the rest will have the final say in the ending of the game!

Hostess Note

Crying and screaming fills the house.

"Thirteen of them are dead! I've been here for nine damned weeks... The murder doesn't even satiate me anymore... Nothing is enough..."

You hear loud banging.

"All I want... Everything I wanted... Is just to see them... Just to see them die..."

Windows breaking.

"Was I only being used..? I don't even understand anymore. This is my game!"

The crying is louder now.

"I should have earned... What I deserved! I've been here for too long! Everything led up to this! This was my moment!"

The house itself is rapidly regenerating, trying to keep up with the damage it's taking. You can tell this room is unsafe, but there's no way you can leave. The doors are still locked.

"And if you ever truly loved me... You'll die by my own hand..."

There's no way you'll be able to sleep tonight.

At this point, you will have no more End of Week actions to receive. The game will enter a short 24 hour break cycle, giving the jury some time to discuss the recent events, and allowing our Survivors to prepare only for what they know is coming next.

Week Ten will begin in 24 hours, on October 24th at 5:00PM PST.

8wYE8oT.png

F i n a l e N i g h t - O p e n i n g

You awake to find yourself in a different room. You can tell that in all the time you've been in this house you've never been here. The walls are cracked and even broken, ripped or torn off in some of the better spots. It's easy to tell things are different from a glance, as through the broken wall all you can see is a void of red and black.

You're not even sure if you're in the house anymore. What's going on?

The ceiling is just as tattered as it once was, though you can no longer see the moon. The void is all that surrounds the room and the sky no longer exists.

Before you have more time to think, a familiar laugh is heard and a familiar face appears holding a familiar Axe.

"Good morning... survivors."

You're not sure if you're hopeful or intimidated from hearing her refer to you that way.

"I hope you're prepared for the time of your lives... and I mean that quite literally!"

She leans back and sits down on what can now be observed as a throne of corpses.

"Now, because I'm a good little girl I'll keep my promise... One of you will leave here tonight. Alive."

All of a sudden, you're not sure why she's saying this. Couldn't she kill you if she wanted to? She's been able to this entire time, hasn't she? It's strange news and not really what you expected for her to follow through on her word. Unless...

"We're in for a wonderful night everyone, so I'd like to invite some of your friends to see you again! Isn't that sweet?"

She snaps her fingers and you see seven bodies fall hanging from the ceiling.
It's hard to make out their exact details. Some of them have been beat across the face, slashed into or otherwise tortured, but you recognize each of them.

@Fiery_Lugia, @Nyan, @Brave Vesperia, @NinjaPenguin, @Hermes, @mirdo and @Little Cherrim. The Haunted.

Their faces remain dead and motionless, but your ears are filled with their screams of pain and pleads for help. You're not really able to focus on what the Hostess has to say anymore, but you try your hardest.

"I'm glad we could have such a happy reunion! Now that all your friends are here, the game is simple! The lives of the three of you all fall to one final decision! Made by them!"

The Hostess giggles, but it's really hard to hear over the Haunted.

"Of course we haven't forgot you three as well, that's why you'll have a little time to talk to them. You all will discuss bloody murder and help them decide whose lives to take!"

It doesn't really look like you've got any other options. But if you're promised to get out alive, that's surely worth it.
...Right?

Welcome to Finale Night, survivors! Tonight, the entire jury will make their final decisions and cast their votes on the final winner of the game! Each jury member may ask each finalist a single question, up to 3 in total. Please make sure to tag the finalists you are questioning! You may double up and ask the same question to multiple finalists. The jury is not required to ask questions and may select a vote through whatever means they are satisfied with. However, if a juror fails to vote, then their vote will be excluded or randomized. If necessary, I have another means of selecting up my sleeve, one I will be very disappointed to have to use.

The jury may now begin their questioning! Your questions must be asked by October 29th, at 5:00PM PST, and your votes must be received by me by October 30th, at 5:00PM PST, giving you a deadline of 5 days for questions, 6 days for votes. If you are unable to submit before your deadline, I am unwilling to offer an extension, however I should still be contacted ahead of time. Cast your vote, as always, through a Forum PM on the Beach, or a DM through Discord. Please do not submit votes through the Jury chat, and only use that chat for current discussion of the game!

Dear ladies and gentlemen of the jury, or should I say 'haunted', it's great to be back! I think I deserve to win Big Brother 4, and I have a lot of explaining to do to show it.

I came into this season a past winner, the winner of the season directly before this one at that. Naturally, I told people who had interest I didn't think I'd last long, simply because I really didn't believe I could make it to the jury phase. Boy... was I wrong. I played the most centrally dominant game by far. You might find yourself thinking: “but why vote for someone to win when they already won a season?” Well, if you’re on the fence about doing so, here’s some explanation:

- I was the main player that orchestrated the blindsides of: double o squirtle, quakingpunch73, and NinjaPenguin.
- I won 3 competitions, a three-way tie with Blakers and Hermes for first (W2HOH, W7HOH, W8POV).
- I stayed off the block all season, and by extension have never received a vote for eviction. Blakers was shot in the Final 4 in an attempt to kill him, no one took a stab at me.
- I had a majorly dominant social game, and had a massive web of connections and people loyal to me.
- I’m the first and only player in PokéBeach Big Brother history to make it to the finale twice.
- If you count The Challenge 8, this is my third consecutive finale. This being my third long-term game like this means I’m 3/3 with making it to finals. That doesn’t happen by fluke.
- Because of my past winner status, towards the end I made people believe I couldn’t win due to that, effectively allowing me to get carried if all else failed.
- I tactically coerced Hermes into making crucial decisions that helped me more than himself.
  • Persuaded him to backdoor quaking as I knew he was a big player.
  • Manipulated him into playing the Axe of Judgement during NP's eviction, which covered my tracks. This means Blakers took the fall for being a traitor, and I got off unharmed.
- Generally playing a better game than I did last time.

Guess I should explain why I think I played much better than last time, despite winning last time. I was still threatening in competitions, that’s the same. But my social game and approach was what makes this season for me. I held Gekki, Blakers, and Hermes tightly to me. I took my social abilities from last season and took them to a whole new level, grooming people, and making them feel like I was going for their interests. Every single time I voted, I was on the right side (Jade, Gekki, R3, Quaking, Brave, Hermes + Mirdo) and both of my ideal targets from my weeks as the HOH (Cody, NP) were sent home as well. If that doesn't scream socially untouchable, I don't know what does.

I was hardly socially immune at all last season (nominated twice), and I was greatly overshadowed by Violet last season (who would’ve easily won the whole thing had I not cut her at Top 5). This game is completely different. Despite to some degree keeping low-profile, I believe I have played the most powerful, most socially invincible game of the season. And no one really saw it all, until I laid it all out here.

I believe I deserve to win this game more than anyone else standing next to me. This may be Big Brother, but the principles Outwit, Outplay, Outlast still apply here, and I believe I've done all three of those things. Thank you, and any questions you guys have I'll be happy to answer.

- Lorde ・゚✧*・゚✧

Wow, congrats on making it to the end you guys, it's wild to see this game coming to end! The way I see it, two of you can win this game and deserve it. Those people are obviously Lorde and Blakers. I think you both played incredible games, and I’d be happy if either of you won knowing both of you deserved it, but I'm definitely leaning towards Lorde.

Based on her handicap of being a past winner, she never should’ve made it this far. Think about it, she won in the most landslide vote in the game’s history last season, and likely for a good reason. She should’ve been the biggest public enemy all game, she should’ve been the first person evicted, but not once did anyone make a play to get rid of her! In hindsight, that’s mindblowing! Now before I go completely off the rails, here are some questions:

@TOTAL_EPICNESS - You were essentially a non-entity for most of the game. You won your first competition from the Leap of Faith twist, and your second from the Face Your Fears one, as well as obtaining an advantage during Week 4’s fiasco. You seemed to benefit more than anyone from Violet’s rather strange twists, and I don’t consider that winning by your own merit. But despite playing what I see as a coaster game, you are there and I’m on the jury. I want you to tell me what you’ve done correctly that I have not.

@Blakers, @Lord o da rings - Less specific question for the both of you, since there’s nothing I need either of you to clarify. But I have a hypothetical. If you were on the jury, and had to pick one of the other two finalists to win, who would you pick and why?

That’s all. I wish all three of you luck, and hopefully I’ll compete with you guys again in the future!

Hello, Haunted! I believe I should be the winner of Big Brother 4, and I would like to tell you all why I think this.

There are several accolades that I believe that my game can boast. I believe that before Week 9, I was never once in serious danger, as I was never nominated a single time throughout the season, and only voted against the majority once, back in Week 2, which had very little effect on how the game would play out. I played a very deceitful game, and betrayed a lot of people. I had a hand in the deaths of a large portion of the jury that was not modkilled, and despite all of this, I was able to fly under the radar and avoid making people angry with me. I also tried to play around the twists Violet threw at us as best as I could, and tried to explore her game mechanics.

My social game was very strong. I found myself in three different alliances in Week 1. One with Gekki, Nyan, Lorde and mirdo, one with Lorde, mirdo, NP, and Quaking, and one with NP, Lorde, TE, and LC. The last alliance was formed by NP to protect me, since if LC had had his way, I would’ve been nominated Week 1. I think that LC wanting me out of the game was irreversible, as I had taken him out the last season. However, with the game I played, last week was the first chance he ever could have had.

For the points that I can provide examples for, I would like to do so, so that you guys can see that I mean what I am saying.

For starters, the moves that I made. Around Week 3 Lorde and I came to the conclusion that the entire game was one giant cannibalistic alliance. During Week 3, NP wanted to eliminate Gekki as soon as he was nominated. I knew that Gekki was going to have to go eventually, so I convinced Gekki to throw the veto to me, only so I could have NP throw his score, knowing that the blood wasn’t on my hands since NP’s score would count, not mine. Gekki was eliminated, with NP and likely Quaking being the people he primarily blamed.

In Week 5, Hermes won his second HOH, and mirdo was nominated. When I was picked in the Idol competition, I convinced mirdo to throw the competition to me in the final round. This was because I had made a safety deal with Hermes before the nominations, and if I won the veto, he wouldn’t be able to betray me if I tried to influence the decision of who the replacement would be. When Hermes told me that he was thinking about putting a threat on the block, I suggested that he nominate Quaking. Lorde and I then organized the votes to get rid of him, even working out that NP could vote to save Quaking so that the number would come to a tie and not look overly suspicious. @quakingpunch73 I was the person who organized most of this, not NP like you had thought.

In Week 7, when Lorde was in power, we decided that we would either be sending home @Hermes or @NinjaPenguin . When Hermes won the veto, it was an easy decision that NP would go home that week, and I could swing Hermes’ vote in order to accomplish that. However, I lucked out. Hermes still wanted to work with Lorde despite her betrayal, so long as NP went home. Anticipating a potential Hermes HOH the next week, I made a fake final three deal with him and Lorde, telling them that they could choose how I voted that week, since I knew Hermes and I really wanted the same thing anyway. And Quaking had told me about Hermes’ advantage, so I knew that the two of us would definitely be enough. My vote helped to send NP home that week.

And then there’s the Massacre that was Week 8. I worked hard to win the HOH, and my plan was to get rid of Hermes. To keep him from trying in the veto, I kept him and Lorde off the block initially to make him comfortable. When mirdo unleashed Gungner, that was that and I threw the veto so I wouldn’t be getting the blood on my hands. Since I figured I would rather upset only mirdo than both TE and LC, I had to cut mirdo loose alongside Hermes.

I was the first person all season to send a message to the Graveyard. This allowed me to gain possession of the first advantage of the season, the Trusty Pocket Knife. It made it easier for me to win any one HOH, but it also made me easier to evict for the week. Due to me being able to influence nearly every single HOH throughout the season, I never was desperate enough to use this.

When we were locked from our alliance chats, and had to talk in the thread, I dominated both conversations that we had in the thread, earning an HOH in Week 4 and the next week convincing the whole house to play around the potential of a comeback the exact way that I wanted them to.

Even when I was stabbed by the Dainslef, that was a calculated risk that I took alongside TE and LC. I knew that I was getting involved in messy stuff, but I trusted that none of us would actually die, and if two people shared any kind of disadvantage with me, that wouldn’t hurt me specifically too badly either.

That’s essentially the bulk of why I believe that I have played the strongest game. I wish my fellow finalists the best of luck, and will be happy to answer any questions the jury has.

Since Hermes already asked his, I’ll answer that here.
I would vote for Lorde. She’s played a strong game, and TE’s doesn’t really stack up in comparison.

- I was the main player that orchestrated the blindsides of: double o squirtle, quakingpunch73, and NinjaPenguin.
Sorry Lorde, but I’m gonna have to disagree with this.

In Week 2, I told you to put DoS on the block as somebody who could get himself off, which would open up the door for a Quaking backdoor, which I also suggested to you. That wasn’t a blindside, that was just bad luck for DoS.

I would say that I was the power player in getting rid of Quaking over you. I was the one who got mirdo to throw the veto to me, and I was the one who used that power to influence who Hermes nominated. I can credit you for also throwing out Quaking’s name, but most of this elimination was my doing and idea. Don’t forget that I was even the one who managed to swing NP’s vote if we knew a tie couldn’t happen.

As for NinjaPenguin, there’s really not much evidence I can give that other people can agree with, but you asked me throughout the week if that was the play should Hermes save himself. And that was something that I had said should happen at the Final 10, way before it ever came to fruition.

Based on her handicap of being a past winner, she never should’ve made it this far. Think about it, she won in the most landslide vote in the game’s history last season, and likely for a good reason. She should’ve been the biggest public enemy all game, she should’ve been the first person evicted, but not once did anyone make a play to get rid of her! In hindsight, that’s mindblowing!

@Blakers, @Lord o da rings - Less specific question for the both of you, since there’s nothing I need either of you to clarify. But I have a hypothetical. If you were on the jury, and had to pick one of the other two finalists to win, who would you pick and why?
First off, thanks for considering me! Going into this, I didn't know if I had any votes secured, but I'd love to secure yours!

As for an answer to your question, without a doubt my vote would be for Blakers. If it's not me, it should 100% be him. Not just because we were each other's ride-or-die from the word go, but because he's an excellent player and along with me had the most control over the game state. I love TE, he's beyond hilarious, but you're totally right when it comes to his gameplay.

I would vote for Lorde. She’s played a strong game, and TE’s doesn’t really stack up in comparison.
<3
In Week 2, I told you to put DoS on the block as somebody who could get himself off, which would open up the door for a Quaking backdoor, which I also suggested to you. That wasn’t a blindside, that was just bad luck for DoS.
DoS also would've been safe if I didn't say anything. Of course Quaking was the target, but a huge part of this game was adaptability, and I adapted to the conditions. I saw DoS as more threatening to my game than Brave, and I got my way. That's still just as much of a blindside, sorry. Also, you conveniently forgot to mention DoS was an ally of yours, and you weren't happy that I'd shifted gears and sent him packing.
I would say that I was the power player in getting rid of Quaking over you. I was the one who got mirdo to throw the veto to me, and I was the one who used that power to influence who Hermes nominated. I can credit you for also throwing out Quaking’s name, but most of this elimination was my doing. Don’t forget that I was even the one who managed to swing NP’s vote if we knew a tie couldn’t happen.
Mirdo would've saved himself if he won anyways, what the hell does that even mean? If mirdo won and immediately pulled himself off the block, the first person Hermes would've come to with advice would've been me, not you. You're blowing any major significance you had out of proportion, the blindside would've played out the exact same if I had weighed him alone because my grip on him was probably stronger than you're able to grasp right now.
As for NinjaPenguin, there’s really not much evidence I can give that other people can agree with, but you asked me throughout the week if that was the play should Hermes save himself. And that was something that I had said should happen at the Final 10, way before it ever came to fruition.
You see, my friend, there's such a thing as checking all bases, and considering you were a player who'd be voting for him I needed to see where you were before I did something I would regret, and I didn't. You put the vote at 2-2, and Hermes used the Axe, that backdoor went perfectly and it benefitted you less than you realized. You were immediately seen as a traitor to the alliance, Hermes looked more powerful than ever, and I get away without punishment. If you ask me, I've never had a week go so perfectly. Again, adaptability. The silver bullet, despite getting you to the finale, was a clear attempt at killing you like it or not. I got exactly what I wanted from that blindside and it worked brilliantly.

Last edited:
DoS also would've been safe if I didn't say anything. Of course Quaking was the target, but a huge part of this game was adaptability, and I adapted to the conditions. I saw DoS as more threatening to my game than Brave, and I got my way. That's still just as much of a blindside, sorry. Also, you conveniently forgot to mention DoS was an ally of yours, and you weren't happy that I'd shifted gears and sent him packing.
DoS was somebody who I asked for safety and he agreed. That was the extent of our “alliance”. He wasn’t worth the risk of campaigning for, and of course he comes across as more threatening to your game than Brave, since he was more likely to win an HOH. I wasn’t jumping for joy, but it didn’t really hurt me in the long run. Also, “blindside” here probably comes from you telling him was safe, and due to circumstance and his own lack of allies, you couldn’t follow through.
Mirdo would've saved himself if he won anyways, what the hell does that even mean? If mirdo won and immediately pulled himself off the block, the first person Hermes would've come to with advice would've been me, not you. You're blowing any major significance you had out of proportion, the blindside would've played out the exact same if I had weighed him alone because my grip on him was probably stronger than you're able to grasp right now.
That means that since mirdo was coming off regardless of who won, I may as well gain the safety for myself and try to influence Hermes since I can’t die that week. I’m not saying you were incapable of doing it yourself had it gone that way, but I saw the chance to build on to my resume and took it. Sure, Hermes coming to you for advice probably would’ve happened, but I still definitely had a lot of say in how that played out.
You see, my friend, there's such a thing as checking all bases, and considering you were a player who'd be voting for him I needed to see where you were before I did something I would regret, and I didn't. You put the vote at 2-2, and Hermes used the Axe, that backdoor went perfectly and it benefitted you less than you realized. You were immediately seen as a traitor to the alliance, Hermes looked more powerful than ever, and I get away without punishment. If you ask me, I've never had a week go so perfectly. Again, adaptability. The silver bullet, despite getting you to the finale, was a clear attempt at killing you like it or not. I got exactly what I wanted from that blindside and it worked brilliantly.
There was nothing about that backdoor that I didn’t know would happen. I knew that Hermes would use his advantage and break the tie, and I knew that I would be the obvious traitor of the group. I made sure to win the next HOH to cover myself for it, and I showed them loyalty through that vote. Clearly, the week didn’t go perfectly, since you were unable to get your main target out. I know that the silver bullet was an attempt to kill me. But you know better than to say that my betrayal is the reason, because my trustworthiness means nothing when there isn’t any room left for betrayal. Maybe it was because he wanted me dead from BB3, maybe it was because he’s better friends with you than me, maybe it was because he saw me as the biggest threat. I still maintain that I could not have changed my sitting with him at the final four, regardless of me having TE’s back in the previous week.

@Blakers @Lord o da rings

I have a single question so far. Why do you both feel the need to backstab? I do understand that this is a game of overcoming and improvising your way to victory, but in every forum game I've ever played I have not once lied to anyone I was working with and have tried to come to the top together with them until it would be just us at the finish line. I will admit, you both played to your strengths and other player's weaknesses, but I don't believe that to be the most satisfying way to win and come out on top.

(side note: I still love both of you, I know it's just a game and this probably sounds more serious than it needs to. <3)

@Blakers @Lord o da rings

I have a single question so far. Why do you both feel the need to backstab? I do understand that this is a game of overcoming and improvising your way to victory, but in every forum game I've ever played I have not once lied to anyone I was working with and have tried to come to the top together with them until it would be just us at the finish line. I will admit, you both played to your strengths and other player's weaknesses, but I don't believe that to be the most satisfying way to win and come out on top.

(side note: I still love both of you, I know it's just a game and this probably sounds more serious than it needs to. <3)
Backstabbing is not something that I take a lot of pleasure in. In games like The Challenge, it is not something that I deem necessary to win. Big Brother is another story. I backstab people that I don’t feel like I can trust, and I backstab people who I don’t think that I can beat when the jury votes. Quaking wasn’t someone who I felt like I could trust, Hermes was a massive threat, with mirdo there was no other choice, and NP and Gekki were both incredibly unpredictable and comp beasts who I knew would try to rock the boat towards the end. Since I held an incredible amount of power throughout the game, that wasn’t something I wanted to deal with. I lie and betray when I feel like it is my best option in the game, and it certainly isn’t something that I will do for sport in this game.

DoS was somebody who I asked for safety and he agreed. That was the extent of our “alliance”. He wasn’t worth the risk of campaigning for, and of course he comes across as more threatening to your game than Brave, since he was more likely to win an HOH. I wasn’t jumping for joy, but it didn’t really hurt me in the long run. Also, “blindside” here probably comes from you telling him was safe, and due to circumstance and his own lack of allies, you couldn’t follow through.
I told Cody he was safe before the lack of a POV was even revealed, and when we did learn of that the general consensus was Brave was to go home. He would've gone home effortlessly, there was no lack of following through. Cody had you to protect him, but when I flipped the agenda because I was the only one who gave a damn, his fate was sealed. Brave was the target, and he would've died that week had I not intervened. When it came to Cody there was no chance of me working with him if he stuck around, so I shifted the votes to help myself.
That means that since mirdo was coming off regardless of who won, I may as well gain the safety for myself and try to influence Hermes since I can’t die that week. I’m not saying you were incapable of doing it yourself had it gone that way, but I saw the chance to build on to my resume and took it. Sure, Hermes coming to you for advice probably would’ve happened, but I still definitely had a lot of say in how that played out.
Cool, we can agree to that.
There was nothing about that backdoor that I didn’t know would happen. I knew that Hermes would use his advantage and break the tie, and I knew that I would be the obvious traitor of the group. I made sure to win the next HOH to cover myself for it, and I showed them loyalty through that vote. Clearly, the week didn’t go perfectly, since you were unable to get your main target out. I know that the silver bullet was an attempt to kill me. But you know better than to say that my betrayal is the reason, because my trustworthiness means nothing when there isn’t any room left for betrayal. Maybe it was because he wanted me dead from BB3, maybe it was because he’s better friends with you than me, maybe it was because he saw me as the biggest threat. I still maintain that I could not have changed my sitting with him at the final four, regardless of me having TE’s back in the previous week.
No, the moment Hermes won that POV it couldn't have been a perfect week. But I had a backup plan I knew would work in the case ridding of Hermes went south, and it worked amazingly in my favor. Also, I made sure LC was distrustful towards you, instilling a firm narrative that Hermes intervening with the Axe was completely unplanned, and he went with it. When it came down to it, we both knew neither TE or LC would ever kill the other, and I did what I had to in the case they came into power, once again checking all my bases. That's the game, and I outplayed you in that regard.

Also, hands down it could've been betrayal. People have feelings, dude. You seem to not be aware that the way people feel can affect every little decision they make in these games, that bolded comment just makes you seem ignorant to that. That's another reason I'm at my best in the social game, keep people on my good side, let them feel good about me. You did, LC did, Hermes did. It all worked out in the end.

There's no need to backstab, at all. It comes down to gameplay style, and I definitely own that I play like a villainess, but the way I see it strategy's just evolved. BB3 and BB4 have both been games with highly intense levels of strategy I never saw in BB1, BB2, or TC8. The nature of how people play these games is shifting, as the drive and desire for victory becomes more intense.

For me, it worked marvels last season, and honestly "why fix something that's not broken?" Like if I don't trust you, if you're a threat, if I can't beat you, I will not hesitate to send you packing. Here're the reasons for every big backstabbing I made:

- Gekki: A monstrously huge character with tons of pre-existing social connections that made him a monster social threat.
- Quaking: I caught him lying about his votes, but I already knew he could flip on any of us at any point in the game. I took him out to prevent that from happening.
- NinjaPenguin: An incredible player overall. He played a great game, and if playing mafia with him has taught me anything it's that I cannot beat him in a debate.
- Hermes: A massive challenge beast. He was incredibly useful throughout the game, but with literally the rest of the game wanting him gone, it'd have killed my social game not to get him on the block for Double Eviction.
- mirdo: I never actively wanted him gone, but it became very clear after quaking's blindside that the alliance with LC and TE was going to be much more fruitful than the old Empire from last season. This was just pure circumstance, at the time the thought was pissing off LC by sending TE home would've helped nothing. And we didn't know how the final juror would be determined, so I wasn't about to give him any reasons to want me gone.

Lying is only ever a thing I do if I need to, and I need to clarify any lying I do isn't an act of betrayal or saying "I don't like you" outside the competition. At the end of the day, it's a game, and I'll treat it as such. Nothing I do here reflects opinions on anyone outside the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back