News 'Eevee-GX Box' in January!

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Don't for get that that for Vaporeon-GX we have Rough Seas and you could do some funny thing with Leafeon-GX in the active that right there is a total heal of 200hp with four Vaporeon-GXs!
Seems like a cheeky yet very fun deck for Expanded, though if Vaporeon-GX can get OHKO'd when fighting a deck that OHKOs constantly (Solgaleo, Rayquaza, etc.) then healing does seem kind of pointless unfortunately.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
That Vaporeon is the Death of shrine basics decks. The Abiliy is too good to pass up., with 2 Vaporeon you are healing 60 per turn, but let's not forget that it isnt just a sitting duck in the frontline: It hits fairly well, and has decent bulk to survive some turns around. Dumbbels also increase the HP to an aceptable 250hp.
Sadly, it gets totally wrecked by rayquaza.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Just realizing that Sylveon-gx + memory energy on one of these eevee-gx is a quick way to get three cards from discard, which might Sylveon control decks with the end game in certain matchups.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
So essentially Eevee-GX is a punching bag that heals when you evolve it. A cute punching bag.

I gotta admit the artwork on these are nice.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
These GX Cards sure are interesting! I wonder what will be played more, Eevee GX or Energy Evolution Eevee?

Flareon is looking pretty decent, wonder if it will receive any play. Jolteon's Elec Bullet reminds me of Buzzwhole GX's Jet Punch (Although it doesn't have the Beast Energy to give it an extra 30). Head Volt looks good for only 2 Energy cards. Vaporeon's ability looks very useful, other than that I'm not really a big fan of Vaporeon GX. All in all I would probably buy Flareon's deck (Because Flareon is my favorite Kanto eeveelution). Jolteon deck was a close second for me

Why there are 3 different Eevee artworks, one for each box? Doesn't make any sense.
This is probably to distinguish the products more. Some don't want 3 of the same card.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
These GX Cards sure are interesting! I wonder what will be played more, Eevee GX or Energy Evolution Eevee?

Flareon is looking pretty decent, wonder if it will receive any play. Jolteon's Elec Bullet reminds me of Buzzwhole GX's Jet Punch (Although it doesn't have the Beast Energy to give it an extra 30). Head Volt looks good for only 2 Energy cards. Vaporeon's ability looks very useful, other than that I'm not really a big fan of Vaporeon GX. All in all I would probably buy Flareon's deck (Because Flareon is my favorite Kanto eeveelution). Jolteon deck was a close second for me

This is probably to distinguish the products more. Some don't want 3 of the same card.
Definitely the Energy Evolution Eevee. It's faster, and if you want to avoid getting damage on it, you'd play that first. Plus, it can be retrieved by Prof. Elm.

So for Sylveon GX, Eevee GX might be the best thing that's ever happened to it because of the stall mechanic.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Definitely the Energy Evolution Eevee. It's faster, and if you want to avoid getting damage on it, you'd play that first. Plus, it can be retrieved by Prof. Elm.

So for Sylveon GX, Eevee GX might be the best thing that's ever happened to it because of the stall mechanic.
That makes sense. I would choose Energy Evolution Eevee too so I could evolve quickly. Speaking of Energy Evolution Eevee, did you know it is getting reprinted at McDonalds this year?

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
That makes sense. I would choose Energy Evolution Eevee too so I could evolve quickly. Speaking of Energy Evolution Eevee, did you know it is getting reprinted at McDonalds this year?
Sure did, already picked one up. Came with a frickin awesome Zekrom model too :cool:

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Sure did, already picked one up. Came with a frickin awesome Zekrom model too :cool:
Oh, it's already going on? That's cool. I don't want to look like a freak asking for a happy meal and then having to come back for the Eevee card. This must be the first time McDonalds gave out useful cards. I miss when they had unique art and McDonalds symbols like they did in the BW days

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Oh, it's already going on? That's cool. I don't want to look like a freak asking for a happy meal and then having to come back for the Eevee card. This must be the first time McDonalds gave out useful cards. I miss when they had unique art and McDonalds symbols like they did in the BW days
Haha don't worry about it. Just ask for the card and they'll understand. And yeah I remember the whole BK Pokemon deal. The first Pokemon card I ever got was actually a Happiny in a BK kids meal with a Darkrai deck box. How I miss those days...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Flareon GX - That is nuts! Trash in the VGC, the card itself is super nuts! The GX atk let's you take final prizes. 5 Geodudes

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Looking overall upon all this card, I would have been better if they can be used together but sadly I see only Jolteon could be easily partner up with others.. Vaporeon & Flareon but are too dependent on 1 type energy decks.

- Can I get those Eeveelution Lovers to like this post to support me in Taskmaster

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
I've lived long enough to remember when there weren't GX Pokemon.