Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
The good news is that y'all will have more leads once I die.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
...oi. The odds of seven failures in a row is almost as equal as one success. Don't tell me there is some sort of criteria we need to fulfill to actually kill anyone by reporting them?

Also... I am still dubious as to whether voting anyone grants you that ability or not. It still seems like a honey trap to me.

As for scattered mind's question: Because there is nothing left to protect or gain for me if I continue this game.
Ever since I came back from Mafia Universe, I have stopped trusting everyone and especially not bbninjas and firekitten who sounds like trustworthy experts.
Yet they are not only the most active players, but they also know the only useful ability I have. With this already, I am basically already a pawn for scum: Ready to be killed or used at at any time they want to.
I participated the Easter Egg event for fun at first, but when I finally found it, I was exhilarated even though I kept cursing for the one who put it IN THE FORM OF ELLIPSES! -but then I heard that that ability (to question the GM) was also stolen.
If that ability fell onto the hands of town, then they would've said anything about it, yet I find nothing of the sorts in the thread. Unless it is Drac who's been speaking in a more cryptic English than I do, then it must be scum who's used up that ability. In that case, I may as well go YOLO and thus I shot at bbninjas, who has a high potential of being a deep wolf. Arguments for killing him are basically because of paranoia and because he seemed too town to be town. Yet again, I failed to succeed.
And with "the church" -of which I don't know who possesses it- being the final event ability, I simply stopped seeing the point of my existence in this game. Plus, the ability to buff other's abilities (<- presumably the ability of "the church") sucks anyway when it comes to my ability so there is not much to do for me anymore.

You may argue something among the lines of "If yer town, stop bickerin' an' help town finding scum!" But there is no point in that anymore. This game's gone too silent and cryptic for me to gain any information. Inactivity and these N2 Maf Vig claim by the GM is seriously annoying to the bone so I figured I may as well give up. Who knows, perhaps scum will kill me and tracker or watcher (if we still have any of them) will find a scum. Or perhaps scum will just be scum, kill someone else and frame me for it. Meh, just try to lynch me D3 and see what happens.

Even if you think you don’t have any way to find scum you are still important if you are town because your vote always matters. So if you still think you are not helpful I guess you just want to sub out or that you are scum activating some weird form of AtE.

Also if this is about that new notion that scumhunting is useless.. then maybe you should host a standard Mafia game with pre known roles and introduce that to this site. But that’s off topic.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
New Mechanic
Developer's Note: 10/21/18
"At the wish of the suggester of our new game update, Firekitten, we've decided to implement an exciting new mechanic: secondary objectives! Players will be given an objective in the game to accomplish, and if they successfully accomplish it, it will be publicly announced and their role will receive a permanent buff (Yes, this is an actual buff, actually helpful for your role, and not bastard in any way. I'm mod confirming that it is only helpful to sign up for this.)
You may sign up for a secondary objective simply by liking this post. The secondary objectives vary in difficulty from easy to very difficult. Those who like the post earlier will get easier to accomplish secondary objectives, while those who like it later will get more difficult ones. Players whose accounts have been deleted can also like this post, as it may be advantageous to them too.
Signups for secondary objectives will last until the end of Day 2, at which point everybody who has liked this post will receive their secondary objective.
You may not claim nor hint at your secondary objective to anybody, nor may you speculate on the secondary objectives of others."

Player Masstag:

Zone Q11

if you are town because your vote always matters.
Not Today. Because the one who wins is supposedly granted an ability instead of death. "Supposedly".
I guess you just want to sub out
Incorrect. I want my character to die. To lessen town and thus increase the odds of town killing scum.
you are scum activating some weird form of AtE
Incorrect. Had I been scum I would've bickered about my tragedies on the scumchat. Like I did on Game #53, I would've let all my emotions and paranoia loose on the QT where I know only one or two people will ever read.
Also if this is about that new notion that scumhunting is useless..
Incorrect. D1 scumhunting is useless, but Today is D2.
Case with R3: "We" betrayed "them". Which means that bbninjas, firekitten and myself are more likely to be scum than town. Vice-versa with Math and Violet, who replaced MegaPod and TLS.
Case with jplap: Dunno. Read the wagons.
Case with morda: Very likely that scum got rid of someone who's giving off null-town vibes.

Zone Q11

At this point I don't even doubt that this report and role-seer thing are fake anymore.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
The ocean is big,
And also it is pretty,
Pretty freakin' wet.
--- --- ---

I give up with Haikus all the time as well.
Honestly, what the fudge... if I think that I will have to write another post, counting syllables and deciphering other players... I just lost my will to play.

TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
The ocean is big,
And also it is pretty,
Pretty freakin' wet.
--- --- ---

I honestly don't even care anymore.

I hope he dies.
I hope game gets more lively.
This post requirement literally killed it.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
The ocean is big,
And also it is pretty,
Pretty freakin' wet.
--- --- ---

@Zone Q11 why did you ask scum to shoot you.

@MathBlade why did you shoot Zone after them asking to be shot.

Honestly, the fudge is this interaction.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Ketchup Mayonaise
Neapolitan ragu
Tartar Aioli
--- --- ---

Ping me if something interesting happens.

If something boring happens as well I guess.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ketchup Mayonaise
Neapolitan ragu
Tartar Aioli
--- --- ---

The haikus and the inability to lynch is definitely killing the game momentum rn. 8 failed reports in a row is fully expected, because each report is independent and this the chance of it happening is always 20%. If we had 50 reports then we should see around 10, but anything could happen in such a small sample size. What should have happened from a game design perspective, is have predetermined outcomes for the report, that is roughly equivalent to 20% of the reports made, so that randomness doesn’t screw with the game.

Zone, you need to take a breather. Paranoia is not going to get anyone anywhere, and it is always better to actually try to lynch scum. Unless you’re a jester, in which case I don’t want to lynch you anyway.

To answer your question @scattered mind, yes two people trying to kill me without reasonable justification is ‘too much’.

Zone Q11

@Zone Q11 why did you ask scum to shoot you.

@MathBlade why did you shoot Zone after them asking to be shot.

Honestly, the fudge is this interaction.
-> I already stated the reasons in the page before this one. The really long one.
-> Because he actually uses his head like he's supposed to.
-> Blame Today's mechanics and reveal.
The report failed!
13.4%...
8 failed reports in a row is fully expected, because each report is independent and this the chance of it happening is always 20%.
First of all: It's 9 failed reports in a row.
Secondly: This is nonsense. The reports are indeed independent of each other but that doesn't mean that nine fails always happen in a row. As I stated before, the odds of this happening is 13.4%. This number is below the promised 20%, and thus clearly mocking us for even believing in it.
Zone, you need to take a breather. Paranoia is not going to get anyone anywhere, and it is always better to actually try to lynch scum. Unless you’re a jester, in which case I don’t want to lynch you anyway.
"Try to lynch scum" during the Day where the one with the most votes are "supposedly" rewarded instead of lynched? Are you sure you are not the jester?

Status
Not open for further replies.