Worlds 2018 Decks Revealed, Release November!

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Oh come on, why did Pedro get a deck and not Klive? He'd already agreed to sign my box for me if it came out haha! No love for Zygarde from Pokemon. :(

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I already debunked that, check my 2nd post on this thread
No. You disagreed with the claims Verlisify made. Even if you did refute them, that doesn't prove that Jeff did no cheating of any kind what so ever.

Its pretty absurd to think that single video is the ONLY REASON Jeff would get banned

Last edited:

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
I already debunked that, check my 2nd post on this thread

No you didn't, you "Debunked" verlisify's specific accusation. You didn't really offer any evidence, you just said that the accusation was wrong, so "Debunking" is the wrong word.

You don't have any proof that he was banned exclusively because of verlisify, or that they banned him for the same thing that verlisify brought up.

TPCI isn't going to perma-ban someone just because one poketuber accuses them. If they banned him, they probably were aware of some evidence that he cheated. Unless you can prove they weren't aware of any other accusations/evidence , you can't debunk anything really relevant.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Jeff Kolenc got banned? This is the first I've heard of this.

Verlis is a stain. Pay him no notice. The video offered no compelling evidence and the comments suggesting that we're deleted, including mine.

But if Kolenc was banned, there would hopefully be more evidence than the video Verlis posted. I can't imagine a situation where there isn't at least some compelling video evidence.

Good riddance to both. Will buy one of these as I do every year.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
EDIT: I can find no official source for the claim that Jeff kolenc is banned from tpci events? Source on this info plz?

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
If they don't announce it, how do you know? Your evidence not linked to Verlis' multiple videos on the subject, thanks.

Organizers have a list of ineligible players. The details of these situations aren't given, just that they're not allowed to play. Anyone who knows the details isn't going to divulge the info, either. There are standards to be kept.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Screw Verlisify for hurting Jeff Kolenc's reputation so bad that they didn't even make his deck.

I don't follow PokeTubers and didn't know about that! But regardless TPCi makes their own decisions. They're not going to refuse printing a deck because of public pressure from a YouTuber. If they chose not to print it, that's either because the accusations are warranted or it just doesn't fit their selection. Maybe a Malamar deck isn't as marketable to them.

EDIT: If he was banned then yeah, they wouldn't print his deck lol. They wouldn't ban someone because of public pressure, they'd ban someone because they felt there were warranted reasons.

Him getting banned is just a coincidence. Rayquaza as a deck is far more profitable and will reach a lot more of the newest or soon_to_be players much like how Darkrai/Giratina did and Rayquaza EX did. So, it's all about business, it was never written in the stone that the finalist was ever going to be printed (looking back at the history of the WCDs). Rayquaza is a more profitable and a better pokemon by marketing standards than Malamar.

dct

Aspiring Trainer
However this went down (in secret), the outcome is the worst possible for everyone who has any interest.

What Verlsify posted was suspicious, but its outside my skill set to judge it correctly. It looked like the allegations were plausible, and there was sufficient evidence to warrant a closer look by "the powers that be". So lets consider the case that Verlsify is wrong and Jeff is innocent:

TPCI investigate and find no evidence of wrong doing. In which case he's been cheated out of a deck, because his cards weren't shiny enough. I can't imagine how gutting that would be. Worse he's been hung out to dry, as by withholding a deck it makes him look very guilty, and fuels the idea that something is going on here.

If Jeff is guilty, following an investigation TPCi should ban him (which may have happened) and OVERTURN THE RESULT. They haven't done this. If they have evidence he cheated, then he should be stripped of his result, and Pedro promoted to 2nd place.

The situation we have is that it APPEARS, TPCi think Jeff cheated, have banned him, and won't be making his deck, but he gets to keep his runner-up title. If Jeff cheated and got caught then that looks bad on him. If Jeff cheated, got caught but the judges decided to let it go because it would look bad for TCG that's horrific.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Organizers have a list of ineligible players. The details of these situations aren't given, just that they're not allowed to play. Anyone who knows the details isn't going to divulge the info, either. There are standards to be kept.
You don't seem to understand what I'm asking. Point me to the list please.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer

Someone somewhere should have a list with his name on it. Or at least a statement from him complaining of his plight? If I was banned from top level play and I was innocent I would likely be telling the world about it

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Someone somewhere should have a list with his name on it. Or at least a statement from him complaining of his plight? If I was banned from top level play and I was innocent I would likely be telling the world about it

Exactly.

To elaborate:
I've searched using keywords "Jeff" "Kolenc" and "ban*"

The bulk of these searches hit the two videos Verlisify created about this topic.

There are three tweets stating he was banned. User Sarahghast says "its all over hell, apparently Jeff Kolenc got banned!" with no pictures and a handful of replies.
One reply, from Brad Brown, says "It's a PTCG Hell post though and its set up like a pretend 30 for 30 intro so I think it's just a joke. Not seeing anywhere that this is actually real."

The other tweet is from user T$ who says "Wait chill. Did Jeff Kolenc really get banned??" Another handful of replies referencing the moment of 'deck stacking' Verlis points out in his video.

The final tweet is from Verlis himself, advertising a video, bringing us full circle. This video mentions the same two tweets above.

There is a Jeff Kolenc on twitter who created an account in February 2013 but has not tweeted publicly and could be a different person entirely.

There are also entries on limitless and pokegoldfish, which apparently collate tournament results. Jeff's worlds results are there, but nothing else.

And finally, I could find nothing on the Worlds 2018 reddit megathread. Even though it comes up in the search, "Jeff Kolenc" and "banned" don't appear in the same posts as far as I can see... Its possible I missed a post since I don't use reddit very often, and even less so on mobile.

So. Can the people saying that Jeff Kolenc is banned please provide some evidence to support this claim? [Especially before giving Verlisify any credit. He has admitted to creating videos simply to fling mud and stir things up for easy views. He often tags his videos using other content creators' commonly used tags. On several occasions he has stolen assets from artists and used them in his videos, citing fair use laws, then defends himself by misrepresenting those laws (intentionally or not, idk). His content is bereft of value. I'd be surprised if this time is any different. If it is, back it up with some actual evidence.] Thanks.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff

You can find it under the 'organizer information' tab in your trainer club account if you're an organizer.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
You can find it under the 'organizer information' tab in your trainer club account if you're an organizer.

So you haven't actually seen it?
Looking forward to hearing your evidence other than "his name is definitely on a list I haven't seen."

fleshrum

Cephalophore
So you're not an organizer? If you were you could see the list -any organizer can.
Nope. It pretty clearly says "league leader" there, not T.O. I don't believe I have claimed this anywhere else either.
You're evidence, when you're ready? Thanks.