Worlds 2018 Decks Revealed, Release November!

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
What did Verlisify do?
He made a video about Jeff Kolenc cheating at the Masters Finals. Resulting in him being Perma-banned from the game. And now his deck was replaced with the Ray deck. His main evidence was him doing a bad shuffle (to keep cards on the top of his deck) when he didn't even see anywhere near the top of his deck. And his second piece of evidence made absolutely no sense.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
He made a video about Jeff Kolenc cheating at the Masters Finals. Resulting in him being Perma-banned from the game. And now his deck was replaced with the Ray deck. His main evidence was him doing a bad shuffle (to keep cards on the top of his deck) when he didn't even see anywhere near the top of his deck. And his second piece of evidence made absolutely no sense.
Oh ok, so basically false accusations? Or at least presumably false considering Verlisify's reputation?

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
A couple things I'll say:

• Jeff getting exposed and banned (regardless of the opinion of Verlisify) meant no Malamar as a World Championship deck. Kind of sucks but in terms of getting these decks for glorified proxies, Malamar wasn't too expensive. Getting 4 proxies for Rayquaza-GX on the other hand seems awesome and a suitable replacement.
  • Same logic for the Zoroark deck, although Zoroark isn't nearly as expensive as Rayquaza, still nice to get a card-sized playset of him for casual ideas involving Zoroark ((You know, like Zoroark-GX / Alolan Golem-GX :p)
  • Are those different colored backs for each individual world deck? If so, that's a first for decks like these. Pretty neat touch if you ask me.

Will pick up Robin's and Pedro's decks up for sure.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't follow PokeTubers and didn't know about that! But regardless TPCi makes their own decisions. They're not going to refuse printing a deck because of public pressure from a YouTuber. If they chose not to print it, that's either because the accusations are warranted or it just doesn't fit their selection. Maybe a Malamar deck isn't as marketable to them.

EDIT: If he was banned then yeah, they wouldn't print his deck lol. They wouldn't ban someone because of public pressure, they'd ban someone because they felt there were warranted reasons.

Last edited:

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
NO! Where is Klive's Zygarde-GX deck??? I am so sad now... At least they didn't advertise a cheater's deck though.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Why dont they just charge more and keep them legal?
Because they lose money in that way. Instead of, say, buying packs, people would just buy the decks to get garunteed cards. TPCi makes more money from people buying lots of packs for the chance to get the cards, rather than just buying the deck with the garunteed cards.

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
Why dont they just charge more and keep them legal?

They're better as a training tool for new players getting into competitive play than a staples pack imo. Cheap access to good decks for people who haven't realized that proxying is better for practice.

Also it would screw them out of pack purchases.

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Why does nobody ever uses a full art in world championships??

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Oh ok, so basically false accusations? Or at least presumably false considering Verlisify's reputation?
I certainly doubt it would be due to Verlis reputations, since his is one of pure douche-baggery. Velis has come to be known as a view hungry clickbaiter who shamelessly attacks anyone who disagrees with him/calls him out. Whether the accusations were false or not isn’t relevant, TPCi most likely looked into it and decided that he did, in fact, cheat.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Why use Ray instead of Zygarde?
#ZygardeShouldveWonWorlds
#ZygardeRightsMatter
#RogueRightsMatter

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
I certainly doubt it would be due to Verlis reputations, since his is one of pure douche-baggery. Velis has come to be known as a view hungry clickbaiter who shamelessly attacks anyone who disagrees with him/calls him out. Whether the accusations were false or not isn’t relevant, TPCi most likely looked into it and decided that he did, in fact, cheat.
I don’t see how the accusations aren’t relevant, because the ban proves they’re true. I think it’s likely TPCi looked into the situation and banned Jeff from hearing about Verlisify’s video. If it wasn’t caught at the tournament I don’t know what else would give TPCi a reason to look into the situation.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
hearing about Verlisify’s video

OP can get better sources for accusations than a YouTuber -you can bet on it. Go on to Virbank City or HeyFonte and once a month you'll see someone accusing another person. Maybe after the dust is settled you can figure things out, but you can't tell if it's all true or some sort of character assassination. The 'community' claims they badger people accused of cheating out of the game. They do so because it's alleged that OP doesn't follow through and punish cheaters. Vigilante stuff. OP watches online groups, though. Hi, Dan!

But it kinda irks me how finals players are getting caught cheating after the fact on the video footage when there were judges right there watching the game...
rsz_1rsz_thinking.png

Last edited: