Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
These are all of @quakingpunch73's posts to-date:

QUOTE="quakingpunch73, post: 2966421, member: 112254"]##Welcome: firekitten Welcome to mafia![/QUOTE]
##Unvote It's great to have new players join our site. What's your skill level when it comes to forum mafia?

##Tap: Drac You obviously didn't read the OP fully when you signed up, so you're obviously scum. :U
It was an RVS vote. Have you played games with RVS before?
My vote was more to get an initial reaction than to put pressure on you right away, since you're a new player.
Have you played mafia before?
##Unvote
##Fluff: TLS
These all rub me the wrong way. Very much trying to be impartial or neutral, very much try to "run" the discussion, very much playing "Good Cop" , and very much feeling artificial and fake. This is classic scumplay because it looks like its contributing (it's not), and it's just being noncommital (pro-scum). ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Quaking

I did want some post-RVS content from Quaking to see if this 'attempt to stay impartial' carries through, but I also don't want to waste the entire day waiting for him.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Finally, I caught up...
and I observed in past games as well, lynching inactives it the worst thing you can do for the long term.
Fool. Had I been inactive-hunting then I would've voted you right of the bat.
I voted TLS for bandwagon's sake because I want to prevent many small wagons at any cost.
Um, no, not them. Kinda established that. Zone and Luis do both look dubious to me, and morda’s posts seemed off as well. So one of those three.
giphy.gif

Noone's actually wanting to lynch you Luis. xD

Who do you think is most scummy right now? "There's not enough information" is not a valid answer.
...bbninjas, MegaPod is wanting to lynch Luis though?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Okay @Zone Q11, if you are wanting a "large bandwagon" so that you can get more information on the flip, then I see where your reads are coming from. Unfortunately this strategy probably won't work -- you want two strong lynch options that force the scum to take sides. You're not going to get much information off a single lynch on which everyone bandwagoned.

...bbninjas, MegaPod is wanting to lynch Luis though?
That makes one, then? Luis is acting as if the whole town is coming for him. Heh.

Zone Q11

Unfortunately this strategy probably won't work -- you want two strong lynch options that force the scum to take sides. You're not going to get much information off a single lynch on which everyone bandwagoned.
Yeah, but as of now there are two factors: Those who are voting TLS and those who don't. Granted the ratio is 4 : 10 (I think), but it's better than me not voting anyone at all because of the too diverse voting range.
That makes one, then? Luis is acting as if the whole town is coming for him. Heh.
Meh. I think he's just paranoid like I am.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
You might have more success if you only mention the stuff that you want Luis to respond to, instead of adding a multitude of minor points that attempt to make Luis look scummier than he actually is.

Actualy, he is townie, but he is also useless.
That's the point.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I probably should have said something about the Guilty Child part when I didn't see it in the first post.

It's part of my passive which I don't even know why a host would design something like that. Especially when it would be revealed so early.

It is a different story if it was reveal later on or when seered by someone.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I probably should have said something about the Guilty Child part when I didn't see it in the first post.

It's part of my passive which I don't even know why a host would design something like that. Especially when it would be revealed so early.

It is a different story if it was reveal later on or when seered by someone.
I don't have any idea about that either. What I thought was that you had a jester type role and it was your ability or something. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this though.
(also, if you could somehow confirm not jester that would be great)

Zone Q11

Hey NICK, if you're here anyway, then could you please respond to my response at your vote at me?

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Finally, I caught up...

Fool. Had I been inactive-hunting then I would've voted you right of the bat.
I voted TLS for bandwagon's sake because I want to prevent many small wagons at any cost.
I do realize that however you still brought up the fact that you didn't like my inactivity specifically when I have still been making an effort to post while not talking as such about the other inactives. And also, don't just vote for bandwagons sake right out of RVS. The reason I voted TLS in RVS was for fluff. What you did was see who had the most votes in them and join a wagon.

Zone Q11

Granted the ratio is 4 : 10 (I think)
...welp, apparently R3 and NICK unvoted TLS while TLS and NICK voted me.
So now there is only Luis who is in the lead with three votes- ...wait a minute.
bbninjas, I think this explains his worry about him getting lynched.

Still... This is not enough. The vote rates are still too diverse. @mordacazir, do you think that firekitten is suspicious? If so, do you have any more arguments against him? If not, then could you please vote someone else? Anyone within the range of bbninjas, Luis, TLS and myself would be the best for me.
The same goes for you too @bbninjas. Are you still going to wait until @scattered mind responds to you or will you start helping me to make my plan come true?
I do realize that however you still brought up the fact that you didn't like my inactivity specifically when I have still been making an effort to post while not talking as such about the other inactives. And also, don't just vote for bandwagons sake right out of RVS. The reason I voted TLS in RVS was for fluff. What you did was see who had the most votes in them and join a wagon.
You are partially voting me because my list was not helpful (even though it wasn't a readlist in the first place). This I have no problems with.
What I am having problems with is when you said that I am voting inactives or voting for the sake of RVS, which are not true at all. TLS is shouldn't be considered inactive anymore yet I have not changed my vote to Luis who has the most votes, and while I cannot deny that I am voting somewhat randomly, I am not voting entirely random either. I am voting for the sake of bandwagons: I want to lessen the diversity of the votes. no matter the cost. So if you could understand that, then I would greatly appreciate it.
TL;DR I am not dissatisfied at your vote at me, but at your reasons for voting me.

If you are unsatisfied with my reasons to vote for bandwagons' sake, then explain to me why it is bad, why it won't work, etc.
What I am doing right now is attempting to divide the votes as small as possible, so that we would choose between two to three people. This is because I want those wagons to be a foothold / a supporting evidence for future references and arguments. Now tell me, why shouldn't I do this?

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Sorry I somehow didn't get any alerts after like page 7 or something I'll read up in a few minutes after I've finished my episode of GoT.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Now tell me, why shouldn't I do this?
While it is good to lessen the diversity of votes when trying to lynch somebody, it often can lead to mislynches negatively impacting town. This is why I don't necessarily join bandwagons immediately until the subject of the wagon does something to seriously tick me off with something outrageous that leads me to believe that they are scum. And so it seems that my streak of having an "enemy" every game I play continues.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
First of all, (can't find the quote but I know you said it @MegaPod_781) why am I suspicious other than not immediately voting for someone?
Second, Roz and Bb have made the most usefull town posts so far so town cred for you guys
Third, Q11 has been posting a ton of stuff but most of it is just confusing me or rubs the wrong way I'll have to look into it later.
Fourth, firekitten should stop tunneling me because that's never good :/ but for real most of the posts I remember have been about me not voting you immediately.
The explanation for that is that I am not a frequent voter and mostly follow others cases which can be seen in a few of the recent games (anyone pls confirm :p) Idk why I begij with the weaker explanation but reason number 2: I didn't want RVS to stop just yet. We didn't have enough info on anyone so we'd probablyhave a pretty weak lynch today if it stopped at that point.
I also agree that morda is scummy to me, they said they didn't know my alignment however in the same post they voted hb, which is a contradiction.
What is this post lol who is hb, and who is they?

These are all of @quakingpunch73's posts to-date:

QUOTE="quakingpunch73, post: 2966421, member: 112254"]##Welcome: firekitten Welcome to mafia!

These all rub me the wrong way. Very much trying to be impartial or neutral, very much try to "run" the discussion, very much playing "Good Cop" , and very much feeling artificial and fake. This is classic scumplay because it looks like its contributing (it's not), and it's just being noncommital (pro-scum). ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Quaking

I did want some post-RVS content from Quaking to see if this 'attempt to stay impartial' carries through, but I also don't want to waste the entire day waiting for him.[/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree with this and I'd like to add an other point. You see in the posts you've quoted there that quaking seems to be over-defending himself too much over a RVS vote, which is something that doesn't need to be over-explained like he does.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Meh. I think he's just paranoid like I am.

To be fair everyone in this game should be at least as "paranoid" as I am with how we can't trust anything we're told.

Actualy, he is townie, but he is also useless.

a. I already stated it myself, my role so far /is/ useless. Of every time I've seen a role like mine being in a game, I believe only once or twice it has been relevant. That's why I said you could lynch me if that gives you enough info.
b. May I ask why is it that your that certain of me being town? I'm not saying I'm not, of course, you just seem too sure of it. And even if you thought I was town then your last post ranting about me not responding the way you wanted me to was completely unnecessary since you must have had your

I don't even know why a host would design something like that.

So that we get our heads around "heads o tails" instead of actual scumhunting?

I think this explains his worry about him getting lynched.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Aaaaand wrong button. fml.

b. May I ask why is it that your that certain of me being town? I'm not saying I'm not, of course, you just seem too sure of it. And even if you thought I was town then your last post ranting about me not responding the way you wanted me to was completely unnecessary since you must have had your

(...) your "townread" on me by then.

Who do you think is most scummy right now? "There's not enough information" is not a valid answer.

Right now TLS or Nick. Their posts one after the other outright stating their input would be useless seem weird and feels like they're trying to tip us off.

I think this explains his worry about him getting lynched.

I wouldn't call it "worry". If I'm lynched for being scummy or anti-town then by all means I recognize a lynch of me was a good play and wouldn't be mad about it. I'd even accept a policy lynch on LAL. But for something like this is just absurd.

Zone Q11

While it is good to lessen the diversity of votes when trying to lynch somebody, it often can lead to mislynches negatively impacting town. This is why I don't necessarily join bandwagons immediately until the subject of the wagon does something to seriously tick me off with something outrageous that leads me to believe that they are scum. And so it seems that my streak of having an "enemy" every game I play continues.
Of course it will lead into a mislynch. Do you honestly think that every time we play mafia, we will get scum at D1?
You all keep saying "anti-scumhunt" and "not scumhunting". Scumhunt this, scumhunt that. Yet, where are your damn proofs!? Did you use your ability? Did anyone claim anything? Did anyone die? Well?
I simply don't even want to waste my time talking about "perhaps he is scum" or "he sounds scummy" or "this isn't helpful at all" because there is literally nothing to go off from! You all get these "tone reads" and "gut feelings", but then you remember: This is a Bastard Game, so are those "tone reads" and "gut feelings" even correct?
What is this post lol who is hb, and who is they?
He mistyped it. He meant bbninjas. You said that firekitten is "reaching here" before you immediately voted bbninjas in that same post. Post #49.
Second, Roz and Bb have made the most usefull town posts so far so town cred for you guys
Thank you Mr. Obvious. Who are scum's next targets? Please give them more names to kill.
Third, Q11 has been posting a ton of stuff but most of it is just confusing me or rubs the wrong way I'll have to look into it later.
Thank you for being just like the others: Normal and thus NAI.
Am I getting "reaching there" yet? Are you going to vote me now?
I wouldn't call it "worry". If I'm lynched for being scummy or anti-town then by all means I recognize a lynch of me was a good play and wouldn't be mad about it. I'd even accept a policy lynch on LAL. But for something like this is just absurd.
To be fair, Dogger's vote was RVS, MegaPod's vote was te get your response (which he kept going and going on about) and roz's vote was "because you blend so well among others". RVS is basically not noetworthy, MegaPod's vote is annoying because he wouldn't get it and roz didn't even realize that roz's questions have already been answered by you. From my PoV, while you have three votes, you're still better off than me whose two votes are aimed at my neck because of my "inconsistent readlist" that apparently attracts three people like moths get attracted by fire.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
This is a Bastard Game, so are those "tone reads" and "gut feelings" even correct?

Well, the "bastard" fact is that "host confirmed info" isn't actually confirmed, it shouldn't how a player has a tone read or stuff like that; they shouldn't be lying.

From my PoV, while you have three votes, you're still better off than me whose two votes are aimed at my neck because of my "inconsistent readlist" that apparently attracts three people like moths get attracted by fire.

Agree; that's why I'm not actually worried. It'd piss me if it ends up being a thing, since it's rather frustrating, but no worry yet.

Zone Q11

Well, the "bastard" fact is that "host confirmed info" isn't actually confirmed, it shouldn't how a player has a tone read or stuff like that; they shouldn't be lying.
No. The matter of fact is: I don't trust gut feelings in any game, but I am forced to use it when there is nothing else to use as solid supporting argument.
Agree; that's why I'm not actually worried. It'd piss me if it ends up being a thing, since it's rather frustrating, but no worry yet.
I see. Very well.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Hi guys! I haven't really been keeping up with the game over the past couple of days. This will be my last post in the game, since I've asked NP to sub out. I'm sorry for not really being active, but real life has to take priority over mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.