Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, though, with how the day has developed so far there's not much to work with, so...
Yeah, that's why I said simply survive. There isn't much to do now except waiting to get accused or accusing somebody else.
It's a bore, really.
Of course I'm ignoring them, but that doesn't take away the fact their inactivity has an impact on the game. And I doubt a vote would make a difference, if hey haven't received any alerts since Friday then most likely a 443th one would do squat.
I thought inactives are going to be modkilled or substituted? Either way, I have recently stopped worrying about and attacking the inactives, so I just get involved with the more active people. My suggestion is to do that as well.
WTH? I didn't miss any explanation. If they took the time to actually read, they'd see the verb I used for the vote. I missed nothing. And also...

This. Again, taking RVS stupidly serious. It's 200% irrelevant, so drop it.
Uh... Okay.
FYI, I'll be at Dogger's place probably all afternoon and for obvious reasons to avoid OC I won't even open PB while there, so I'll respond whatever you say later tonight. Clarifying, so it doesn't pass as "ignoring your posts", like someone already did >.>
Got it.
Not true. I’ve been in games where we caught scum on Day 1.
Having been in games where scum are caught in D1 and making sure scum are caught at D1 are two different things.
I have only had two moments I can remember of as of now where scum were lynched D1, but I also have around a dozen moments when town were mislynched at D1.
I was talking about how "good scumhunting" is impossible at D1, because even those two games I mentioned had a scum lynched by RNG.
When firekiitten explained that the verb thing is what they found silly, which added context to their otherwise scummy-looking post.
Again, even if it was misread, mislynch or whatsoever, in the end it was RVS. Please stop squeezing out of this topic because you won't gain anything anymore from it.
...gah. There goes my unbiased opinions. Great (sarcasm), now there are three people I trust on bias.
I see my post, Zone, but I don’t know what “pocketing” is or how my post is an example of it.
Pocketing is when you try to gain favor from someone else.
You were poked by scattered's vote and responded by voting Luis, and that feels (for me, personally) as if you were trying to hide from scattered.
(Okay, you were right about one thing: Pocketing is not the right word I should have chosen when I tried to describe you, but still: I am not gaining any good vibes from you.)

Well, Luis, I didn’t notice the exact verb, actually, no. I thought it was a serious reaction to firekitten’s post that you quoted. But if it was really just a joke, you sure did a poor job of explaining so to me. Here’s my original question to you:
You saw firekitten was ninja’d and clarified their post, right Luispipe?
And here’s how you responded to me when you finally came back on:
Yeah, sure, as you say so, of course it's my obligation to be 27hrs a day at the Forum waiting for a post of yours and respond to it before a whole minute passes by.
Call it pressure if I'm still here and not responding; and even though, that post has as much pressure as a dead man's veins, so no pressure to be felt. Try again, if you may.
Instead of actually addressing my concern with you, you just get all snarky about not constantly being online and insult my method of pressuring. You unvote firekitten but don’t actually explain your reason for it to me. That reaction seemed very off to me. If you are Town, you should really point out the error of my suspicions right away instead of just refusing to pay attention to them.

Pocketing is when you try to gain favor from someone else.
You were poked by scattered's vote and responded by voting Luis, and that feels (for me, personally) as if you were trying to hide from scattered.
I responded to scattered because he misunderstood a post of mine I could have worded better. Just because my vote on Luis happened in the same post doesn’t mean I’m trying to gain any favor from scattered.

Well, Luis, I didn’t notice the exact verb, actually, no. I thought it was a serious reaction to firekitten’s post that you quoted. But if it was really just a joke, you sure did a poor job of explaining so to me. Here’s my original question to you:
And here’s how you responded to me when you finally came back on:

Instead of actually addressing my concern with you, you just get all snarky about not constantly being online and insult my method of pressuring. You unvote firekitten but don’t actually explain your reason for it to me. That reaction seemed very off to me. If you are Town, you should really point out the error of my suspicions right away instead of just refusing to pay attention to them.
Apparently my post:
Again, even if it was misread, mislynch or whatsoever, in the end it was RVS. Please stop squeezing out of this topic because you won't gain anything anymore from it.
...was not read.
-> If I remember correctly, Luis kept sighing about how half of all players looked at RVS as if they were death threats, so he got fed up with it. This should be the reason he was snarky when he responded.
-> When the Guilty Child was revealed, so he knew that it was not the time to RVS anymore and unvoted firekitten, whom Luis had voted as a joke in the first place.

For the second time, please stop talking about this...
I responded to scattered because he misunderstood a post of mine I could have worded better. Just because my vote on Luis happened in the same post doesn’t mean I’m trying to gain any favor from scattered.
Alright. Very well.

Game Update 2
Developer's Note: 10/15/18
"Hello village enthusiasts! We've designed a super cool group event to decide the first building placed on the community map! The first six people to like this post will get to be our lucky participants. What exactly is the event, you ask? Well, it's a secret! You'll get to find out once everybody has joined."

100Vote Count 2
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0): roz_the_eevee
bbninjas (2): mordacazir, GM DracLord, scattered mind
scattered mind (1): bbninjas, Zone Q11
Luispipe8 (3): xDoggerx, MegaPod_781, roz_the_eevee
xDoggerx (0): Luispipe8
GM DracLord (0): quakingpunch73
TheR3DX (2): The Last Shaymin, firekitten, bbninjas, The Last Shaymin
MegaPod_781 (0): scattered mind, The Last Shaymin, Zone Q11
@The Last Shaymin (4): MegaPod_781, TheR3DX, quakingpunch73, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, Zone Q11
firekitten (1): quakingpunch73, Luispipe8, mordacazir

Not Voting: Luispipe8

The player who would currently be lynched if the day ended right now is tagged. I believe I've caught everything here, but be sure to unvote and use proper syntax if you wish to ensure me getting it.

Inactivity List:
Has not posted twice today (pace of once a day):
@xDoggerx
@GM DracLord
Has not posted four times today (pace of twice a day):
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Last edited:
This event seems like a terrible idea to join and will most likely result in death. I'm definitely joining thisz

Good work guys, on figuring out how to 'trick' Luis into posting -- now we have information and evidence on him!

I'll type something up eventually later today but those if you who have played with me before will know that it's basically useless
Same here, I'm bad at that stuff
Ahahaha no. Both of you have given valuable insight in past games, and are very capable of doing so this game. You will naturally be helpful if you do this:

A discussion happens ---> you post your opinions ---> you justify your opinions with reasons
Someone talks to you ---> you respond to them
Remembering that the town are trying to find the mafians, and the mafians are trying to "fit in" as town. So you're looking for people who seem to be acting or hiding something. In the meantime, I'd like both of your thoughts on the recent discussions: What do you think about Luis' reactions to people pressuring him? What do you think about Day 1, and do you think there's enough (or will be enough) information to lynch someone?

Sorry if I sound this way to you. However I'm much more interested in the drac reveal tbh, but I need to know if there role was suppose to reveal as innocent child but bastard struck or was suppose to reveal as a guilty child. This is like 7/10 on the importance scale, even if you don't think it is.
Not that being opinionated is bad! The meta here is noncommittal, so it's a welcome and important change. I've noticed that you've stopped pressuring R3. Why?

IMO it seems like people are voting shay as a policy lynch and not just cause they think they are scum.
And when you say people, you really mean Zone.

This event seems like a terrible idea to join and will most likely result in death. I'm definitely joining thisz
Ditto.

I could see him as town who simply wanted to vote first while it was early RVS, before thinking and pointing fingers for real later, but this "defense" is so weak, and weak arguments are not worth talking about. Especially when there is no proof of morda not being scum.
There is no proof of you being not scum either. The bolded is a weak argument and way to throw shade on morda without any legitimate evidence, and was not worth mentioning.

And all evidence we have is that the culprits are members of the forum and 99% statements so far are as good as saying "I swear, whoever killed that man had a hand made of jello and wings made of leaves". And that's including your apparently intellectual posts. There's nowhere to start from.
And this is completely false. You can't say that the early-game discussion and pressure is irrelevant, just because most of it is aimed at you. There's this intellectual and very legitimate question of Mega's that you missed, for one.

So...you’ll complain about my pressure vote being weak and impatient, but not simply explain whether or not you bothered to notice the very apparent explanation firekitten gave immediately after their post you quoted?

ehhhh ok

just please count all of my first few posts as jokes. That includes the agressive post towards R3

(it was all a joke) If you knew me, you would be able to tell, but you dont so i shall end all of my joke posts with (joke)

got it? cool.

oh hecc im on the chopping block

... lius is kinda aggressive i guess

yeah thats all i can really say without making someone offended or triggered or causing someone to be salty

oh yeah ##UNVOTE:

although r3dx still hasn't replied...

unless i missed it

Not too impressed by this list of Zone's, tbh. See bolded.

And now who to choose...
-> Not Luis, because there is literally no reason for me to do so. ---> Sorry, what? We probably have more info on Luis than anyone else, and you see no reasons to vote Luis from that?
-> Not quaking, because he posted too little to make something out of it. ---> Inactivity makes someone a bad lynch?
-> Not Dogger, because they talk too little. ---> Same as above
-> Not scattered, because he had only voted Megapod for fluffiness and bbninjas to warn him to not talk with morda. ---> Ditto
-> Perhaps NICK for his inactivity. ---> But I thought that inactivity makes someone a bad lynch???
-> Perhaps TLS for using OMGUS votes too much, but... three people are already on TLS, so I pass on them. ---> But he's as inactive as Quaking! He should be townie!
-> firekitten is active and somewhat aggressive, but those are NAI. ...meh, perhaps he's a good target for the day. ---> Being NAI and helpful makes someone a good lynch??
-> Not bbninjas for game analysis' sake. ---> But being active and somewhat aggressive was grounds for lynching firekitten?
-> Not roz for conversation's sake. ---> Same as above
-> Not R3, because half of us are hellbent on this guy for some reason. ---> How does multiple people pressuring the same guy make them townie?
-> Perhaps Megapod for trying to pocket scattered by pressuring Luis. ---> How does pressuring Luis pocket scattered when scattered has barely been posting?
-> Perhaps Drac, to end this Guilty Child discussion ASAP. ---> You don't like this Guilty Child discussion??
-> Perhaps morda for not voting firekitten immediately when he suspected him at RVS. ---> Why is morda the only person you've actually given proper evidence for?

giphy.gif

You don't want to lynch Quaking, Dogger or Scattered because they're not posting much, but you want to lynch Nick for not posting much?? Roz being active and aggressive makes them a good lynch, but you don't want to lynch me or Roz because we've been active and involved? What.

oh yeah the inactivity was because i had to actually pay attention during school today, sorry

although its probably a better idea to focus on school

... lius is kinda aggressive i guess

yeah thats all i can really say without making someone offended or triggered or causing someone to be salty
You should say what you think without caring about offending or triggering or causing someone to be salty. It's just a game. Think about it: If you think a mafian is scummy, they ARE going to be a bit salty about it -- but you still have to pressure them, otherwise you wouldn't win. Can you please elaborate on what you think about Luis' aggressiveness?

Who do you think should be lynched today?

oh yeah the inactivity was because i had to actually pay attention during school today, sorry

although its probably a better idea to focus on school
Right, school is the priority. Every 2 to 6 hours if possible, read every post and then give your thoughts immediately afterwards. This way, you won't forget what you've read, and you'll have plenty of time for school.

well the only thing i can find is that he completely ignored eevee's question but i cant really see anything other than general agressive wording and stuff

i do find it interesting about what you mentioned about zone's list though

its as if hes completely ignoring some people

well the only thing i can find is that he completely ignored eevee's question but i cant really see anything other than general agressive wording and stuff

i do find it interesting about what you mentioned about zone's list though

its as if hes completely ignoring some people

If you think Zone is scummy, then you should show that by placing a vote on him, ftr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back