Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Well I do agree that No Lynch is never a good idea, but aside from bandwagons, I don't see how we can separate everyone from their alignments.
As of yet, we have too much diversity in our votes. Can't we decide who goes to die first?
Yeah, I know that sounds rude but facts are facts. We will all choose somebody to be lynched Today anyway.
*talks with myself*
So... You're all saying that the way we decide who dies first is by scumhunting, which is not possible until D3 or so?
I mean, tone reading and gut feeling I understand, but full-on scumhunting is... rather impossible for now.

Well, if we're going to lynch someone who are better dead, then I suppose I will have to do this for starters:
##UNKILL scattered mind
And now who to choose...
-> Not Luis, because there is literally no reason for me to do so.
-> Not quaking, because he posted too little to make something out of it.
-> Not R3, because half of us are hellbent on this guy for some reason.
-> Perhaps TLS for using OMGUS votes too much, but... three people are already on TLS, so I pass on them.
-> firekitten is active and somewhat aggressive, but those are NAI. ...meh, perhaps he's a good target for the day.
-> Perhaps Megapod for trying to pocket scattered by pressuring Luis.
-> Not Dogger, because they talk too little.
-> Not bbninjas for game analysis' sake.
-> Perhaps morda for not voting firekitten immediately when he suspected him at RVS.
-> Not scattered, because he had only voted Megapod for fluffiness and bbninjas to warn him to not talk with morda.
-> Perhaps Drac, to end this Guilty Child discussion ASAP.
-> Not roz for conversation's sake.
-> Perhaps NICK for his inactivity.

firekitten, Megapod, morda, Drac, NICK
So... five targets. Eh. I'll use RNG on this one.
##VOTE Megapod_781

Zone Q11

(I feel as if two people are going to suspect me for asking, but...)
Do we know how many scum there are in this game? Is it four?

Zone Q11

Well I do agree that No Lynch is never a good idea, but aside from bandwagons, I don't see how we can separate everyone from their alignments.
As of yet, we have too much diversity in our votes. Can't we decide who goes to die first?
Yeah, I know that sounds rude but facts are facts. We will all choose somebody to be lynched Today anyway.
*talks with myself*
So... You're all saying that the way we decide who dies first is by scumhunting, which is not possible until D3 or so?
I mean, tone reading and gut feeling I understand, but full-on scumhunting is... rather impossible for now.

Well, if we're going to lynch someone who are better dead, then I suppose I will have to do this for starters:
##UNKILL scattered mind
And now who to choose...
-> Not Luis, because there is literally no reason for me to do so.
-> Not quaking, because he posted too little to make something out of it.
-> Not R3, because half of us are hellbent on this guy for some reason.
-> Perhaps TLS for using OMGUS votes too much, but... three people are already on TLS, so I pass on them.
-> firekitten is active and somewhat aggressive, but those are NAI. ...meh, perhaps he's a good target for the day.
-> Perhaps Megapod for trying to pocket scattered by pressuring Luis.
-> Not Dogger, because they talk too little.
-> Not bbninjas for game analysis' sake.
-> Perhaps morda for not voting firekitten immediately when he suspected him at RVS.
-> Not scattered, because he had only voted Megapod for fluffiness and bbninjas to warn him to not talk with morda.
-> Perhaps Drac, to end this Guilty Child discussion ASAP.
-> Not roz for conversation's sake.
-> Perhaps NICK for his inactivity.

firekitten, Megapod, morda, Drac, NICK
So... five targets. Eh. I'll use RNG on this one.
##VOTE Megapod_781
Whoops. This post is a contradiction.
I didn't vote for the one with the most votes and instead voted for the one with no votes. :p
Welp. Time to fix that.
##UNVOTE Megapod_781
##VOTE The Last Shaymin

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
Whoever told you that we can't scum hunt till D3 is so mistaken. Scum hunting can be done at any time.
As well, we aren't voting the guilty child today, because x y and z. (I can't explain RN but I'll explain later)

Thing I found interesting is how Luis thinks D1 is so useless, however they participated in RVS in the beginning of the day, meaning they didn't think it was so useless then. On page 5 is where they said that so I looked back at what haThey also said it was random non sense which makes me think that if they are mafia, that they didn't exactly like what was going on and wanted to shut it down? That's just a tin Foil though if they are mafia.

I also agree that morda is scummy to me, they said they didn't know my alignment however in the same post they voted hb, which is a contradiction.

We don't know how many of each faction there are, due to it being a closed setup, Also weren't there suppose to be events?

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
IMO it seems like people are voting shay as a policy lynch and not just cause they think they are scum.

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
Wait did you just use the same reasoning as to why we should vote one person and then used the same reasoning as to why we shouldn't vote another? Can you explain why?

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
I don’t really care for Zone and Luis’ apparently anti-D1 scumhunting comments, and especially Luis since he seems to be completely brushing off what I pointed out about his firekitten vote. Perhaps he was intending to “miss” kitten’s explanation, but he never denied seeing it, only unvoted when I called his vote out despite him also discrediting my pressure. It gives me scummy vibes and so my vote stays.

Also, what do you mean by “pocket scattered,” Zone? I am not sure what this means.

Zone Q11

Whoever told you that we can't scum hunt till D3 is so mistaken. Scum hunting can be done at any time.
Nobody told me that scumhunting is impossible to do immediately. I said it is impossible to do a proper scumhunt immediately right of the bat.
In my opinion, all you will be doing if you "scumhunt" now is only lead town to mislynch other town, like most games I have played up until now.
As well, we aren't voting the guilty child today, because x y and z. (I can't explain RN but I'll explain later)
...you don't know me and I don't know you, so I will tell this now: Unless this is something related to your role or whatever, I really don't like stalling for explanations.
-but as far as voting goes, I have no problems whatsoever with not voting Drac. As long as this won't turn into a messy debate, that is.
I also agree that morda is scummy to me, they said they didn't know my alignment however in the same post they voted hb, which is a contradiction.
Hold it. I never said anything about any of you being either scummy or towny. Among everyone playing this game, I only have two players I "trust" (though biased), while the rest are either "not standing out because they don't talk much" or "pretty much the same like the rest".
morda belongs to the last group, and so do you. As for your "suspicion" on him... Well, I suppose it is justified.
If what I think is true, then I could protect morda... but I will probably fail, and it is not even worth protecting somebody I don't know.
We don't know how many of each faction there are, due to it being a closed setup,
I see. Then, I will keep it at four scum for now and hope that there is no third party.

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
It's something to do with my role and that's all I can say for now. Also I only assumed you thought they were scummy because you said you are fine with voting them today. Honestly your whole post way of thinking is wrong. You vote people for being scummy, you defend people who are being townie. If you think morda is probably Town then you should say something.

Also lul your first part of the post makes me think that you haven't had good experiences with D1. Rip. However no lynching is always worse then lynching and scum hunting is better then RNG and hoping for the best.

Do you think morda is town?

Zone Q11

IMO it seems like people are voting shay as a policy lynch and not just cause they think they are scum.
I am not even going to deny this statement. I don't want six small bandwagons, but around three big bandwagons so I can analyze the people in those bandwagons.
Wait did you just use the same reasoning as to why we should vote one person and then used the same reasoning as to why we shouldn't vote another? Can you explain why?
My original thought was to find arguments against some people who have two or three votes, but I got carried away when I made that list and forgot the reason why I made it in the first place. My original argument still stands though: Many small wagons is a no-no for me, I want few big wagons.
I don’t really care for Zone and Luis’ apparently anti-D1 scumhunting comments, and especially Luis since he seems to be completely brushing off what I pointed out about his firekitten vote. Perhaps he was intending to “miss” kitten’s explanation, but he never denied seeing it, only unvoted when I called his vote out despite him also discrediting my pressure. It gives me scummy vibes and so my vote stays.
...I thought the man in question already responded he couldn't be online all the time? The thing called RL is scary, you know?
Well, then again he did have time to respond at roz. I guess you simply have to wait for him again until he answers your question.
As for "being anti-D1 scumhunting"... I am not going to deny this statement either. As I said before: This action will lead town nowhere and will only help scum instead.
Also, what do you mean by “pocket scattered,” Zone? I am not sure what this means.
Post #69. One might say that that post doesn't deserve to be called pocketing, but... well, that means that our opinions differ.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
If you can only scumhunt only basing on evidence and statements and can't really read people on your own,

You're contradicting yourself. You said it yourself. You need to read people. But you can't when all they're doing is talking nonsense. What everyone can get from everyone today is that everyone is being anti-town for not contributing with relevant information and posting 99% fluff.
I'm not saying I'm not scumhunting. But that I will as soon as there's substantial post and information to use, not this jibberish. Want to vote for me then fine, go ahead, I won't stop you from doing it and it won't change a thing about my playstyle; in fact, I won't care at all. Right now it appears half the people signed up for a spam chat instead of a game, so if it's going to stay that way you'd be doing me a favor by lynching me and stop playing... whatever this is supposed to be.

What would you do in pure vanilla setup?

Irrelevant. This is not a pure vanilla setup. Approaches would differ significantly.

Thing I found interesting is how Luis thinks D1 is so useless, however they participated in RVS in the beginning of the day, meaning they didn't think it was so useless then.

I never said D1 was useless. I said the discussion so far today, /this/ D1, is overly useless. RVS is a good place to start getting /vague/ reads and interactions, but for a reason half the players took that as a death threat and there's 2-3 heavily inactive, including the inno/guilty/chimera/whatever.

Perhaps he was intending to “miss” kitten’s explanation

What ")%/#(" explanation is there?! There was nothing relevant in the last 7 pages and there was no explanation needed for anything.

It's something to do with my role and that's all I can say for now.

If you're coming with info don't spill it halfways. If it's relevant you say what you need, if not then you don't talk at all unless it's a death/live situation.

Zone Q11

It's something to do with my role and that's all I can say for now.
...alright. I will stop asking about this matter.
Also I only assumed you thought they were scummy because you said you are fine with voting them today. Honestly your whole post way of thinking is wrong. You vote people for being scummy, you defend people who are being townie. If you think morda is probably Town then you should say something.
Is that not what I am doing? I already stated before:
If I had to use my guts, then I would have had to vote literally everyone if I were able to do so.
This is a bunch of information of which I can't turn into an argument unless I am opinionated/biased/whatever to attack a specific person.

Sure, roz is right about analyzing stuff the proper way, but as we are no gods nor a lie-detector, these pieces of information may as well be garbage.
As of now, I only two biased "trust", and anyone else are acting as much town as they do scum. Which is why it is not worthy for me to even try defending morda if it means me being accused of defending them. Unlike morda themselves, I can't hold my ground for long when accused with something like defending someone. So that's why I don't defend them in the first place. At least, not without full conviction or proof that they are town.
However no lynching is always worse then lynching and scum hunting is better then RNG and hoping for the best.
I agree on the first part, and only agree on the second part when it isn't done at the early stages of the game.
Do you think morda is town?
I could see him as town who simply wanted to vote first while it was early RVS, before thinking and pointing fingers for real later, but this "defense" is so weak, and weak arguments are not worth talking about. Especially when there is no proof of morda not being scum.
in case you guys didnt know the omgus is just me joking it doesnt actually mean anything
I know. They are basically the same as random votes, which still doesn't change anything.
The only thing which makes you different from anyone else so far is only the fact that you think R3 votes you with no reason and no argument, even though you were the one to first attack R3 at the start of the game. Anything else besides this and you are just as NAI as quaking, R3, Drac and NICK.

Zone Q11

...I thought the man in question already responded he couldn't be online all the time? The thing called RL is scary, you know?
Well, then again he did have time to respond at roz. I guess you simply have to wait for him again until he answers your question.
...it sure is scary how he appeared the moment after I say this.
I'm not saying I'm not scumhunting. But that I will as soon as there's substantial post and information to use, not this jibberish. Want to vote for me then fine, go ahead, I won't stop you from doing it and it won't change a thing about my playstyle; in fact, I won't care at all. Right now it appears half the people signed up for a spam chat instead of a game, so if it's going to stay that way you'd be doing me a favor by lynching me and stop playing... whatever this is supposed to be.
Couldn't you just wait and survive until D3 like I do then?
I never said D1 was useless. I said the discussion so far today, /this/ D1, is overly useless. RVS is a good place to start getting /vague/ reads and interactions, but for a reason half the players took that as a death threat and there's 2-3 heavily inactive, including the inno/guilty/chimera/whatever.
Funny thing is, I never recognize any of these "people who took RVS as a death threat".
*talks with myself*
...never mind, R3 was one of them.
Also, if around four people are heavily inactive, then couldn't you pressure vote them or simply ignore them like I do?
What ")%/#(" explanation is there?! There was nothing relevant in the last 7 pages and there was no explanation needed for anything.
Megapod wants your opinions/comments for your vote at firekitten at Post #45... is what I understand from this conversation. Though that was RVS, so I don't particularly understand why @scattered mind and @MegaPod_781 are pursuing on this matter either.
If you're coming with info don't spill it halfways. If it's relevant you say what you need, if not then you don't talk at all unless it's a death/live situation.
Well, I am part to blame though. I am the one who kept asking him about it.
There is no worst case scenario because we are all PRs, but I don't want anyone "important" to die because of me, so could you please stop talking about this one matter?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Couldn't you just wait and survive until D3 like I do then?

Actually it's quite funny that you say this yourself, considering we won last game because of you flying under the radar in an astonishing fashion. But "try to survive" is not town mentality. You should play towards your wincon, so just trying to avoid /any/ interaction until D3 is rather dangerous and suspicious. Thing is, though, with how the day has developed so far there's not much to work with, so...

Also, if around four people are heavily inactive, then couldn't you pressure vote them or simply ignore them like I do?

Of course I'm ignoring them, but that doesn't take away the fact their inactivity has an impact on the game. And I doubt a vote would make a difference, if hey haven't received any alerts since Friday then most likely a 443th one would do squat.

Megapod wants your opinions/comments for your vote at firekitten at Post #45... is what I understand from this conversation.

WTH? I didn't miss any explanation. If they took the time to actually read, they'd see the verb I used for the vote. I missed nothing. And also...

Though that was RVS, so I don't particularly understand why @scattered mind and @MegaPod_781 are pursuing on this matter either.

This. Again, taking RVS stupidly serious. It's 200% irrelevant, so drop it.

FYI, I'll be at Dogger's place probably all afternoon and for obvious reasons to avoid OC I won't even open PB while there, so I'll respond whatever you say later tonight. Clarifying, so it doesn't pass as "ignoring your posts", like someone already did >.>

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Okay Luis, thanks for help.

That should be enough of our "fluff" discussion and we got enough reactions.

Honestly? I didn't care about your opinion on the topic, but wanted only to analyse reasons for this opinion. I am even glad you disagreed, cause we got it lasting a moment longer.

As of you - you staied strong in your opinion, even tho it seemed unpopular. Your reasoning was stable, good.

As of me - You will have to judge yourself if I did it for baiting reactions and provoking discussion or for town cred.

But most importantly - as of others - most of players were supporting my point of view, that is natural cause it was meant to be more obvious "good town" pov.
Putting aside the opinions, since they were meant to be chosen like that (ergo no town points for it), I would like you to look into posts of other people and ask yourself - "What was the reason for that post?" "Was it for towncred or expressing healthy town PoV"
Once again - look for reasons, not opinions.

And yes. That's how you create leads day 1 ;)

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
As I said before: This action will lead town nowhere and will only help scum instead.
Not true. I’ve been in games where we caught scum on Day 1.
When firekiitten explained that the verb thing is what they found silly, which added context to their otherwise scummy-looking post.

Status
Not open for further replies.