Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Firekitten seems to be playing similar here as compared to his home forum, if not a bit more aggressive. Definitely opinionated.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
So the Drac reveal is interesting. Perhaps it’s a Miller-esque version of Innocent Child? But an actual innocent child should just be announced as Town to my knowledge, so why would Drac’s role reveal itself by role name and not (incorrect or otherwise) alignment? Very peculiar.

Yeah, sure, as you say so, of course it's my obligation to be 27hrs a day at the Forum waiting for a post of yours and respond to it before a whole minute passes by.
Call it pressure if I'm still here and not responding; and even though, that post has as much pressure as a dead man's veins, so no pressure to be felt. Try again, if you may.

So...you’ll complain about my pressure vote being weak and impatient, but not simply explain whether or not you bothered to notice the very apparent explanation firekitten gave immediately after their post you quoted?

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Disagreing, there is more information to work on to begin with.

It might be harder to find useful one if there is too much, but there is also more info hidden in it.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, I saw once a weird rng mafia role wich could reveal themselves 60% chance as town, 30% as mafia and 10% die trying.

They end up never using it cause they didn't want to risk it.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』

It might be harder to find useful one if there is too much, but there is also more info hidden in it.
I mean, I saw once a weird rng mafia role wich could reveal themselves 60% chance as town, 30% as mafia and 10% die trying.

They end up never using it cause they didn't want to risk it.
...? Roz, are these reactions at my post or at Megapod's post?

Zone Q11

First is to you, there wasn't Mega's post yet when I was writing it.

Second is to Mega.
Ah. I see. In that case, my response would be:
What information? Aside from the tone based reads from people at the start, there doesn't seem to be anything special in particular about the mechanics in this game that can help town with information gathering.
This part I don't really understand. Where or what is "it" and what information is hidden there?

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely opinionated.
Sorry if I sound this way to you. However I'm much more interested in the drac reveal tbh, but I need to know if there role was suppose to reveal as innocent child but bastard struck or was suppose to reveal as a guilty child. This is like 7/10 on the importance scale, even if you don't think it is.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Rather exactly the oposite - in role and mechanics heavy game there is always gonna be more stuff to analyse, not only reads.

For example the guilty child reveal gives us material to discuss wich wouldn't exist in vanilla game.

I strongly disagree with people saying that this reveal was nai, cause it is always a hint in some way, the problem is to analyse it correctly.

And as I said - No scum would ever reveal as guilty child, ergo it's bastarded town or mafia who was tricked into reveal somehow. More likely first.

That is also answer for your question @firekitten.

Zone Q11

So I took my time and I made... whatever this is:
-> Luis RVS Dogger as grudge form past
-> quaking RVS firekitten as greeting
-> R3 vanilla opening post
-> TLS votes R3 due to not voting immediately
-> firekitten wary of R3 due to R3 being overly friendly
-> Megapod RVS TLS
-> quaking unvotes firekitten and RVS Drac for not reading the rules properly
-> firekitten still wary of R3 and voted R3, also suspicious of quaking for having unvoted firekitten too soon
-> firekitten asks others’ opinions on R3
-> quaking replied to firekitten that he voted firekitten for a reaction
-> Luis RVS firekitten (and thereby unvoted Dogger), but this was a misreaction
-> Dogger RVS Luis
-> bbninjas voted R3, not much explanation, presumably RVS
-> morda thinks firekitten is too aggressive when it is early stages in the game, starts to suspect firekitten, and RVS bbinjas
-> bbninjas disagrees with morda, and points morda’s flaw (voting somebody else while suspecting someone)
-> morda explains to bbninjas that it is RVS, and argues that firekitten is aggressive because it is based on nothing
-> scattered agrees with firekitten about R3, but decides to wait for R3’s reaction as R3 might be a newbie, thinks firekitten’s aggressiveness is NAI, and RVS Megapod for clarifying firekitten for Luis’s misreaction (though there has been no reaction from Luis up to this point) and thus scattered sees that as fluff
-> Drac RVS bbninjas based on postnumber
-> roz points finger at firekitten if roz dies
-> TLS OMGUS RVS Megapod (and thereby unvoted R3)
-> scattered unvotes Megapod and RVS bbninjas so bbninjas would stop reacting to morda
-> firekitten thinks morda is defending R3 and shutting down RVS
-> R3 votes TLS for pointing finger at R3
-> Megapod reacts to scattered, unvotes TLS and votes Luis to get Luis’s reconsideration on firekitten
-> TLS unvotes Megapod and votes R3 back, arguing that R3 pressured TLS for no reason and does not have any supporting evidence
-> roz defends R3, arguing that scum wouldn’t go randomly face-to-face
-> TLS argues with roz that not even newbies would go do random stuff
-> firekitten suspects R3 even more as firekitten thinks R3 behaves like a newbie who got scum as their first alignment
-> TLS rather questions firekitten how R3 thinks TLS is scum, as TLS thinks TLS hasn’t done very much, and questions how TLS could have hunted scum when everyone has just left the RVS stage without doing anything
-> Megapod disagrees with TLS’s comment about how nobody has done anything so far, and argues whether R3 is worse than TLS who swapped votes at R3 who voted TLS
-> TLS knows TLS’s actions are OMGUS, but simply wants R3 to answer TLS’s questions
-> scattered comments on how nothing is OMGUS unless it is fluff
-> quaking RVS TLS (and thereby unvoted Drac)
-> morda replies to firekitten, saying morda is not defending R3 but attacking firekitten, and says that RVS is over when a valid point is made
-> firekitten asks why morda has yet to vote firekitten if morda suspects firekitten, and asks what that valid point is
-> morda RVS firekitten (and thereby unvoted bbninjas), and answers that there are no valid points yet as it is still RVS
-> NICK RVS TLS
-> bbninjas voted scattered back (and thereby unvoted R3)
-> roz RVS NICK
-> Game Update 1, Drac is revealed to be a Guilty Child, what this reveal means is unknown
-> Zone RVS scattered for a joke
-> Luis is considering to skip the day as half are RVS and the other thinks RVS are serious votes, replies to Megapod that he didn’t had the time to respond to firekitten in time, and unvotes firekitten
-> roz thinks the Guilty Child reveal is part of bastard
-> roz RVS Luis because roz doesn’t remember Luis for some reason
...at this point I am starting to understand what Luis meant when he said he just wanted to skip the Day. This is a bunch of information of which I can't turn into an argument unless I am opinionated/biased/whatever to attack a specific person.

Sure, roz is right about analyzing stuff the proper way, but as we are no gods nor a lie-detector, these pieces of information may as well be garbage.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Not random voting Louis.

Just his postd were somehow so toned and well in between that could come from scum mentality easily.

Being bored is one thing, but if someone is lurking around with "there is no point in scumhunting", then it's easy vote.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
"So toned and well in between", are you serious right now? Alright, everyone, start posting at random and whenever people expect it the most. Also, if you're bothering to post rubbish you might as well spell my name correctly.

And right now there is no point in scumhunting, indeed. Whenever you try to solve a case you rely on evidence and statements. And all evidence we have is that the culprits are members of the forum and 99% statements so far are as good as saying "I swear, whoever killed that man had a hand made of jello and wings made of leaves". And that's including your apparently intellectual posts. There's nowhere to start from.

Zone Q11

Not random voting Louis.

Just his postd were somehow so toned and well in between that could come from scum mentality easily.

Being bored is one thing, but if someone is lurking around with "there is no point in scumhunting", then it's easy vote.
Toned? Well in between? I am somebody who can't "read people", so every one of you are pretty much the same to me.
If I had to use my guts, then I would have had to vote literally everyone if I were able to do so.

As for scumhunting with this setting... It is not impossible, but it would be if you want to stay unbiased.
In my recent experience with All PR Setting, town won because I (scum) claimed incorrectly.
But town only won at the end. Before that, everyone didn't have much clues and kept mislynching other town.
All those mislynches are based on hunches and biased opinions, so now I am naturally against baseless arguments.

roz_the_eevee

Aspiring Trainer
Wtf...

Your explanation literaly doesn't even make sense.

"Start posting at random and when people expect" - that's like 2 different things.

Not to mention deciding not to scumhunt is like... Wtf again.
If you can only scumhunt only basing on evidence and statements and can't really read people on your own, then you shouldn't be playing mafia.

What would you do in pure vanilla setup? Wait till mafia murders everyone?

If you have nowhere to start from, theb start from reading the thread instead of "I don't care attitude"

firekitten

Aspiring Trainer
What was the last page I just read. Of course we aren't going to have evidence. However that doesn't mean we skip D1. D1 is the most likely day for scum to try to slip up trying to get Town read. No lynch is usually always a bad idea tbh.
And as I said - No scum would ever reveal as guilty child, ergo it's bastarded town or mafia who was tricked into reveal somehow. More likely first.
It would probably be the first one, however this is legit useful. I'll explain later I can't RN.

Status
Not open for further replies.