Five New Promos Based on "The Scream" Painting!

I really want sleeves or a large binder with these. Just imagine you pull a binder out and every time you see Rowlet like that!

Oh wow these cards look really interesting. The Psyduck one kills me haha. Great to hear the Red Pikachu promo is getting released again, hopefully I can get one this time.

Last edited:
@Water Pokémon Master did you notice that they are all on the same bridge? In rowlet's background you can see mimikyu's shadow, in mimikyu's background you can see pikachu's shadow -> pikachu has eevee's -> eevee has psyduck's

I need that Psyduck so badly. Mimikyu is my 4th favourite Pokemon and I still want the Psyduck one more. If only CandyEvie sill made LDS. She would literally have a heart attack.

I like how each artist has a different take on The Scream. Tomokazu Komiya and Hasuno pull it off the best, IMO.

In terms of usability, the Rowlet is the most useful one, since each of the other 4 have better alternatives (there's a 70 HP Psyduck, the Guardians Rising Mimikyu and Energy Evolution Eevee have more utility, and there's a Nuzzle Pikachu if you want to make Raichu GX work in Expanded). Like the Breakthrough Zorua, confusing something for a single energy can possibly help Decidueye/Ninetales decks get set up.

Last edited:
These are incredible!! Pity will never see western release as would love a fun deck just running these for giggles - but for cards like this makes them that bit more special!

And of course Tomokazu Komiya's rendition is the best one, why am I not surprised. The one with Mimikyu is also nice. The Pikachu and Eevee ones are pretty meh tough.

Very nice art! My favourite is easily the Rowlet with Mimikiyu in the back. Plays out like a good old fashioned ghost scene with Mimikiyu actually looking scary. Too bad they had to include Pikachu and Eevee (as promotion I guess) because they seem out of place.

"But due to a shortage," There's a huge story there and I don't know why this site hasn't covered this. It's incredibly hard ot get pokemon cards in Japan right now. It's caused by supplier problems and high demand that TPC can't meet.

"But due to a shortage," There's a huge story there and I don't know why this site hasn't covered this. It's incredibly hard ot get pokemon cards in Japan right now. It's caused by supplier problems and high demand that TPC can't meet.

You are 100% right, though it should be supply not supplier problems.

This is why 249/SM-P was hard to find for the first week. I went to a out of the way "Card Friendly Shop" (this card was only given out at big non TCG stores, like electronics stores etc) even that store was sold out by the time I got there, but I saw a stack of the promo's behind the counter. Problem was there wasn't any product available to give out the promos, unless I wanted to buy a bunch of worthless XY packs. Everthing SM was sold out.

This article is also missing some very important information. You get 1 card per 2 packs but you can only get 1 card (Pokemon Center rules are per day). This won't be available like Red's Pikachu. You also don't get this for Pokemon Center online purchases.

Something I can say as a dealer in Japan, Pokemon doesn't like re-sellers and were obviously unhappy with the Red's Pikachu situation as they made an announcement and apology. Whenever situations like this arrive they either clamp down on product or do things to mess with re-sellers. Like when the Lillie sleeves sold out in like an hour and they had the "you can only re-order these sleeves online, print to order" then proceeded to let people order 50 sets per account and then actually stocked them in such qty they had them in stock for over a year. Or the promo after Red's Pikachu they have a limit of 90 packs per person and they wouldn't sell you sealed boxes only packs. Oh, wait, that promo still sold out in a day as well.

I didn't notice anything for the binder with Mimikyu, but I would expect that to be limited as well.

Back