• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Can You Even Call This a Shrine Deck? (Shrine/Cacturne?)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Yeah, this ought to be interesting. Actually isn't terrible. Utilizes the Cacturne from Crimson Invasion (HUR?!) to hit bonus damage received from the Shrine Almighty. Utilizes Lurantis and Kukui to hit actually quite impressive numbers. 210 max. (With 2 Lurantis, a Choice Band, Kukui, and a Shrine for 1 turn.) Alolan Sans-slash is there for non-GX, non Oranguru draw support. Banette GX is there for moving Shrine damage to opposing Non-GX 'mons.

Pokémon: 15
3 Cacnea
3 Cacturne
1-1 Alolan Sandslash
2-2 Lurantis
1 Sudowoodo
1-1 Banette GX

Trainers: 35
3 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
4 Acro Bike
3 Timer Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Energy Loto
1 Field Blower
2 Escape Rope

4 Cynthia
1 Lillie
3 Guzma
2 Professor Kukui

4 Almighty Shrine Of Punishment

Energy: 8
8 Grass Energy

Oh yeah, about my Passimian list from earlier: I misread the card, turns out that it only does extra damage to evolution Pokémon. Silly me.

Any comments are appreciated, just try not to wreck my deck idea.
Tell me if you get the title reference.

This is pretty spicy, however what happens when your opponent feild blowers the shrine and you don't have a bannette in play? I feel like this could be nice in expanded with team magmas secret base and revitaliser :)

This deck seems to lose to Buzzroc. The early cacnea pressure is too are to deal with
Yeah, I found that too. It gets set up pretty slowly, and the compound Cacturne is hard to pull up.
CURSE YOU WALLY AND EVOSODA ROTATION!
Anywho, I think what these deck needs is faster setup and more consistent setup at that. It's too slow, and struggles to catch up after the first Cacturne you manage to pull up gets KOd.
I believe, however, that if three people have actually BUILT the deck then it might not be that bad!
So, the question on everyone's minds:
How can we make this deck get a faster setup and more consistent setup?

Drop Sandslash, a 1-1 line doesn't seem too consistent. Drop 2 energy loto, as these don't do anything at all. Also drop the banette line, as it is too thin to be useful in this deck. Also sudowodo.
add in a 4th ultra ball, a 2-2 line of magcargo, 1-1 more cacturn, 1-1 more lurantis, and 2 lillie

Back