'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
If we get this set in English, it will be expensive af. It's full of competitive cards, so it's going to be hard to get my hands on any packs at all!

DiaborMagics

Experienced Fox Trainer
If Gardy were relevant, that stadium would be nuts. As it stands, Sylveon loves it. Lycanroc dusk mill might be fun, especially with the stadium. Not too excited about shinies, it's just more money for a shinier card that you can get $50 cheaper in regular art. (Lookin at you, Lele)
Hello :D Could you please explain why Sylveon 'loves it'? I want to make a Sylveon deck, but I'm still learning and I don't see why this card would be so useful for her.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Oh crap now I really want to get a booster box for this. I hope there's still a box when I visit there. The shiny Charizard and Zygarde looks amazing.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Hello :D Could you please explain why Sylveon 'loves it'? I want to make a Sylveon deck, but I'm still learning and I don't see why this card would be so useful for her.

The stadium has the effect that opponents will have to pay one energy more for their attacks. Sylveon usually plays defensive and the higher energy requirement in combination with energy hate cards can stop opponents from spamming cheap attacks.

So here is my opinion on the new revealed information:

- The three shinies
If they ever release here especially Rayquaza and Charizard will be very expensive cards. I really love the design of Rayquaza and Charizard, Zygarde is a Pokémon that in my opinion looks awful as a shiny.

- Lycanroc GX is a good card with lower HP than the Bloodthirsty Eyes but a better regular attack. The ability is not bad but I think Bloodthirsty Eyes is better. We'll see if it will be played.

- Wonder Labyrinth Prism Star is a nice supporting stadium for Sylveon and also for Gardy. It isn't that great though but Sylveon was lacking a good stadium.

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So if A and B on those cards suggest their legality, it means that rotation next year will most likely be Ultra Prism on? So the first four main sets and the Shining Legends miniset will rotate?

Wechselbalg

brb
Wow, this shiny set is one of TPCi's most blatant money grab efforts - just as expected, they're simple recolors. Wonder Labyrinth is pretty good though!

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my. Where can I pre-order this?!

Sold out for anyone selling over-seas. Last 6 months sets have been selling out quicker and quicker. Was taking a week or two now it's down to less than a day. Dark Order was sold out within hours. With small restocks every week or so. Crazy here in Japan now.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man my wallet is shaking. There can't be that many secret rares surely...

Interesting that Tapu Lele isn't in it's alternate art. I wonder how Japan will get that one.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
If Gardy were relevant, that stadium would be nuts. As it stands, Sylveon loves it. Lycanroc dusk mill might be fun, especially with the stadium. Not too excited about shinies, it's just more money for a shinier card that you can get $50 cheaper in regular art. (Lookin at you, Lele)
Actually, Grady is quite relevant. We have seen a few results with it making day two at Philadelphia. Overall, any fairy deck (mimikyu/ banette with mix of shrine of punishment and this stadium, anyone?) is going to love this. I believe overall this may began to turn tides towards fairy type decks.

Zierant

Murcielago
Sold out for anyone selling over-seas. Last 6 months sets have been selling out quicker and quicker. Was taking a week or two now it's down to less than a day. Dark Order was sold out within hours. With small restocks every week or so. Crazy here in Japan now.

What’s with the shortages? So glad I preordered 3 of these at a normal price...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Wow, this shiny set is one of TPCi's most blatant money grab efforts - just as expected, they're simple recolors. Wonder Labyrinth is pretty good though!

I mean, despite being recolors (I was expecting just recolors of the RAs like they've done prior), I really like the way these look. The white backgrounds and the added sparkles do a really good job, and I feel like having a full set of them would be really gorgeous. (Also, now I know which Buzzwole and Midnight Lycs to use in ptcgo, that's going to be GORGEOUS)

(Also, just FYI, TCPi had nothing to do with making them, TPC Japan (specifically PCL) did, as the Japanese TCG is released and produced completely differently than the international version we know and love.)

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Wow, this shiny set is one of TPCi's most blatant money grab efforts - just as expected

TPCi used to bully me in grade school for my lunch money. When I wouldn't give it they'd wedgie me and take my cards instead. It's only fitting that they'd release a product valid of the criticism you've given it.