Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll nominate Little Cherrim as the replacement and not use the Idol of Life.
Good luck to both of you in the vote.

As Ninja Penguin prayed that his love could overcome the challenge placed before them, the deadline drew nearer and nearer and still no sign of Nyan...Ninja Penguin began to worry. “Will she not make it?” He thought, but he could not bear it, so he held his head high, hopeful that Nyan would prevail against the challenges set before her. As the clock ticked down Ninja Penguin could count every second as each felt like hours upon hours and as it approached the time that Nyan would have to present her score, still they were not there. Panic began rising in Ninja Penguin’s chest. “Surely they made it” he thought “if she misses the deadline then it really will be a deadline”. The joke Ninja Penguin made to himself did not ease his panic in the slightest, so he waited in silence praying his love would make it...
Nyan’s time was almost up and still they were not there, minutes before the deadline and Ninja Penguin almost gave up. Holding back tears as they realized their deepest darkest fear may come to reality, and as the clock struck October 6th 9:00AM PST Ninja Penguin collapsed realizing there was no longer hope...
but.
As Ninja Penguins consciousness faded he saw a figure in the darkness running towards him. As his eyes focused he realized...it was Nyan, bruised and battered sprinting to them! Renewed with hope Ninja Penguin got up and began to run towards his one true love tears of joy streaming down his face, but just as he reached Nyan, a second figure imposed itself between them, as Ninja Penguin looked up he saw that it was Violet Valkyrie. There was a sly grin playing across her lips as she shook her head and wagged her finger as if Ninja Penguin was a child she was lecturing. Then she raised her hand and snapped her fingers. As soon as she did, Nyan’s face turned pale and her eyes went wide. she collapsed onto Ninja Penguin and he could see the life draining from his love’s face. Nyan opened her mouth as if to speak but only silence came out, and then she went still. As Ninja Penguin sobbed, cradling Nyans body the gleeful laughter of Violet Valkyrie echoed throughout the room, a grim reminder that there was nothing he could do, and that he would meet the same fate eventually...

Last edited:
Week Six – Death Ceremony

@NinjaPenguin eyes the Idol of Life, before making their final decision.

They grab their knife and plunge it straight into one of the glowing ruby eyes of the Idol. As a strange red fluid oozes out of the Idol’s eyes, the dark fog thickens around the tagged houseguests, and the room darkens.

Once the room brightens again, the two tagged houseguests struggle to break out of the wooden chairs they’ve suddenly been tied to.

The Hostess once again speaks up.

“It’s time for the best part! Tonight, you’ll be called from your rooms to participate in this week’s Death Ceremony! Using your knives, you’ll place your vote and stab one of these two potential corpses! Do you choose to kill @Brave Vesperia , or @Little Cherrim ? In the morning, one of them will be killed, removed from the house, and unable to continue playing to escape with their life! As they are trapped, the potential victims may not use their knives, and @NinjaPenguin , this week’s Grand Reaper, may only vote in the event of a tie, using the Axe of Despair, to claim the life with their own hands!”

In order to vote, send me a private PM or Discord DM stating who you wish to vote for. Failure to vote will result in a warning. As you have been previously notified through Discord, you have until October 7th at 1:00AM PST to use your knife.

Week Six End

The Death Ceremony has now reached its end, and all votes have been counted! One of the two tagged houseguests was killed this ceremony and will be unable to compete to escape the House of Horrors! As they have been killed, they may not be in communication with any other houseguest about Big Brother as long as they remain out of the game.

The sun rises as the panicked and concerned remaining houseguests rush to the ceremony room, opening the door into a pitch-black screen of darkness. As they enter, the lights flash on as the figure of the familiar Hostess stands on the stage, carrying a large axe in her hands. As the houseguests examine the room, they spot the two tagged houseguests, each tied to wooden chairs, knives driven into their chests. As they quickly untie their fellow houseguests, they are unfortunate enough to be informed that one of them has died from their wounds.

Upon examining the bodies, they find that from a vote of 4-0, @Brave Vesperia
has been killed, and is evicted from the game in 8th place!

Rushing the remaining alive houseguest to the infirmary, the houseguests tremble in fear as the room fills with the Hostess’s giggles… They know what this game means for them if they lose, and they know the game will continue. The next week will start very soon. They wonder… Who’s the next to die?

Hostess Note

Laughter resonates through the house…

The Haunted have entered the game... What a ridiculous group of poor souls.
@Fiery_Lugia, @Nyan and @Brave Vesperia will all play an important role in the end of the game.

Even as Hostess, I'm still not sure what causes the appearance of these tormented victims. But the house seems to have this hold on all of the players. They're well accustomed to their dying quarters now, so it's just possible that this hold has taken full control of them. They had their choice, play or die, and they can't leave anymore. There truly is no peace after death.

Still, I guess it doesn't matter to me. But those souls deserve their torture. The fact they're locked in this house fills me with glee, it's what all of those stupid voters deserve after all...

The only reason I keep them around is to answer my burning question. Why does the Axe of Despair not work on the surviving three? I can't seem to understand how the Haunted are involved in the final killing. But I suppose I'll just have to sit around and watch these souls dance for a little while longer.

I know one thing for sure. Any Haunted in this game is my enemy and simply another weapon for committing murder. While I'm only looking to kill one of these souls with my bare, bloody hands, if these souls knew what plan I had in motion, they'd wish they could leave. For good.

No one is safe, not even if you're dead.

After all...

The sky is drawing crimson...

The houseguests are once again unable to sleep due to the now familiar loud shifts of the house and the uncertainty of their own survival that fills the house that night.

At this point you will receive your end of week actions. You have 24 hours, or until October 7th at 9:00PM PST to submit.
Week Seven will begin once all alive houseguests have submitted their actions, or once the deadline is hit.

Week Seven – Grand Reaper Competition

The houseguests awaken as the sun rises, but upon taking a look around, they realize they’re no longer in their rooms. They quickly ascertain they’ve been moved when they were asleep and now awaken in the house’s ceremony room. Before having the opportunity to ask questions, the Hostess enters the room, and begins to speak up.

“Welcome, victims, to your seventh week! To begin the week, you’ll be competing in a Grand Reaper competition, to become just that: This week’s Grand Reaper!

This competition, you'll be risking your lives playing...

Avoider!

You have just over 72 hours, or until October 10th at 10:00AM PST to reach your highest score and kill the competition! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts. Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.
Here is your countdown!

A quick note beforehand: This game does not save scores, and once you start a new attempt, your old score will be gone forever. Take screenshots with caution, and I am not responsible for any score lost in this manner.

The Hostess lets out a long sigh.

"And here I was hoping one of you wanted to die as well last night... I guess that makes this decision easy."

She takes something from behind her back and shows it off to the house. It seems to be a rapier, with a blade of pure gold and a white handle with an orange band around it.

"Well, if one of you wants this, you're going to have to- oh, whoops."

Clearly cutting herself off, she stops for a second and then smashes the sword onto the ground, breaking the blade into pieces.

"Like I said, an easy decision. Looks like no one wanted the Estoc of Revolution anyways..."

That sure was an interesting way of showing it off.

Week Seven – Grand Reaper Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Here are your standings!

3rd place: @Little Cherrim with 911
2nd place: @Blakers with 1,250

1st place: With a score of 1,827, the power and title of Grand Reaper for the seventh week goes to…
@Lord o da rings!

Congratulations Lorde! As this week’s Grand Reaper, you may choose two of your fellow houseguests to tag for death. Your deadline is in 24 hours, or until October 11th at 10:00AM PST and remember to publicly post your tags in this thread!​

Warnings:

As @mirdo exits the ceremony hall and returns to their room, whispers begin to fill their ears. Although fairly quiet, they can’t help but lose concentration thinking about the game’s events that night, refraining them from participating in the next Idol of Life competition. Was this because they refrained from participating in this competition? Please submit on time next week! You have earned your first warning.

This is the Death Tagging ceremony. As the Grand Reaper, it is my duty to tag 2 houseguests for death. Now, when/if I call your name, you will be named a nominee.

@Hermes - You're a very well rounded player and have against all predictions managed to run away with two GR competitions and take out a big player before the jury phase, you've proven yourself in a game that favors the seasoned veterans and you've earned my utmost respect.

@mirdo - It's the Top 7 and we've yet to have any real strategic discussion. Over half of us have been killed at this point, and I find that inexcusable.

I wasn't quite expecting power this time around, but I bid you both luck in the veto (which I assume will be happening this time). With that, this Death Tagging ceremony is adjourned.

Last edited:
Week Seven – Idol of Life Competition

The Hostess claps, and the tagged houseguests become enveloped in a dark smoke. She grins and begins to speak once again.

“Houseguests, you have been tagged for death! In order to escape, you must play with the Grand Reaper and three randomly drawn houseguests to play for the Idol of Life! This Idol will allow you to save one of the tagged houseguests, or you may stab it with a knife to keep the tags the same! This week’s Idol competition contains…

Grand Reaper: @Lord o da rings

Death Tag: @Hermes
Death Tag: @mirdo

Random Draw: @NinjaPenguin
Random Draw: @Little Cherrim
Random Draw: @TOTAL_EPICNESS

This competition, you’ll be risking your lives playing…

2048!

You have just over 72 hours, or until October 13th, at 12PM PST to reach your highest score in order to win the Idol! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts. You'll be playing on Standard Mode as it's the only mode unlocked from the start.

Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.
Here is your countdown!

Week Seven – Idol of Life Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Let's see how our victims played...

3rd place: @mirdo with 12,156 points
2nd place: @NinjaPenguin with 34,764 points

1st place:
With a score of 79,688, the Idol of Life for the sixth week goes to…
@Hermes!

The Hostess tosses the Idol to @Hermes, and presents them with the important question…
“What are you gonna do with that thing? You gonna stab it? Or save someone from a bloody death?”

Using the Idol of Life, you may pick a houseguest to save from their death tag, or leave the death tags the same! Your options of death tags are:
@Hermes
@mirdo

You have 24 hours, or until October 14th at 12:00PM PST to publicly post your decision in this thread!

Since Hermes won the Idol of Life competition and removed his tag, I've been forced to tag someone else. I'll tag @NinjaPenguin as a pawn. With that consider this idol ceremony adjourned.

Week Seven – Death Ceremony

As @Lord o da rings speaks for their new tag, the dark smoke surrounds @NinjaPenguin and as a red fluid oozes from the eyes of the Idol of Life, the room darkens.
Once the room brightens again, the two tagged houseguests struggle to break out of the wooden chairs they’ve suddenly been tied to.

The Hostess once again speaks up.

“It’s time for the best part! Tonight, you’ll be called from your rooms to participate in this week’s Death Ceremony! Using your knives, you’ll place your vote and stab one of these two potential corpses! Do you choose to kill @NinjaPenguin or @mirdo? In the morning, one of them will be killed, removed from the house, and unable to continue playing to escape with their life! As they are trapped, the potential victims may not use their knives, and @Lord o da rings, this week’s Grand Reaper, may only vote in the event of a tie, using the Axe of Despair, to claim the life with their own hands!”

In order to vote, send me a private PM or Discord DM stating who you wish to vote for. Failure to vote will result in a warning. You have 24 hours, or until October 14th at 1:00PM PST to use your knife.

Week Seven - Death Ceremony

The sun rises as the panicked and concerned remaining houseguests rush to the ceremony room, opening the door into a pitch-black screen of darkness. As they enter, the lights flash on as the figure of the familiar Hostess stands on the stage, carrying a large axe in her hands. As the houseguests examine the room, they spot the two tagged houseguests, each tied to wooden chairs, knives driven into their chests.

Upon examining the bodies, they find that from a vote of 2-2, both victims seem to have been driven close to death. Their desperate cries for help are only answered by @Lord o da rings, approaching the victims holding the Axe of Despair. They eye their targets, and raise the axe above their head...

Lorde, as this week's Grand Reaper must break a vote tie between @NinjaPenguin and @mirdo! You have 24 hours, or until October 14th at 10:00PM PST to make your decision publicly in this thread!

Last edited:
Alright, if you don't mind, I'd like to intervene. I'm sure this will make things a bit more interesting. I got this advantage back from one of the first End of Week phases, I'm glad I lived long enough to use it:
VioletValkyrie said:
You've received an advantage!
The Axe of Judgment can be used during any week's Death Ceremony whenever there is a tied vote, as long as you are not tagged for death. Upon using the axe, you may choose one of the two tagged houseguests, and that houseguest is now killed, unable to continue playing.
Apologies, but I'll be choosing to kill @NinjaPenguin.

Week Seven - End

As Lorde approaches the tagged houseguests with the Axe of Despair, something seems... off. Surely murder was never this easy, they thought...
Raising the Axe of Despair, they hear a loud shout from the back of the room. Stopping their swing, they turn to the crowd to see Hermes, possessing an Axe of their own, which they swing into the ground of the Ceremony Room.

The Hostess giggles.
"Well, if this one isn't interesting! Fun to see one of the weapons getting some use."

With a shout, Hermes takes a running start at Lorde, Axe in hand. The rest of the Houseguests tremble and watch as an Axe duel unfolds between the two, doing whatever they can to take the upper hand.
Without another second to waste, Hermes grabs Lorde's arm and twists it, before slamming them with the blunt end of their Axe, knocking them backwards.

Hermes then approaches the tagged houseguests, ready to take a life for their own...

As the decision is made, the Axe of Judgment falls onto one of the victims. As blood splatters across the room and a final scream is heard, @NinjaPenguin slumps from their chair, their strength faded and their life ended.

@NinjaPenguin has been killed, and evicted from the game in 7th place! NP becomes the Fourth Haunted of the game!

Not satisfied with their accomplishments, Hermes kicks the chair with the corpse onto the floor, and looming over the victim's body...
They take another swing.
And another swing...
And another swing...

Before you can even think about it, you grab the handle of the axe and hold it in your hands. Upon grabbing it, your memory flashes back to the recent death ceremony. However, instead of simply finding the victim's body like everyone else...

...You're standing on top of it, wielding the axe, and taking a swing.

Rushing the remaining alive houseguest to the infirmary, the houseguests tremble in fear as the room fills with the Hostess’s giggles… They know what this game means for them if they lose, and they know the game will continue. The next week will start very soon. They wonder… Who’s the next to die?

Hostess Note

Laughter resonates through the house…

"This feeling... I'm not used to this...
What if... What if they aren't here? What if I'm just looking for someone who I haven't found yet?

Will I even get what I'm looking for in the end..?"

Her laughter breaks into loud crying. You can feel the house shift. She screams, and it sounds as if glass is breaking...

"I won't lose.

None of this matters if they're all dead..."

She goes back to laughing.

"I've been far too lenient. The feeling of wrapping a corpse between my hands...

I'd like to feel it again.

After all, what game is fun if I can't play, too?"

The houseguests are once again unable to sleep due to the familiar loud and maniacal laughter that fills the house that night.

At this point you will receive your end of week actions. You have 24 hours, or until October 15th at 9:00AM PST to submit. Week Eight will begin once all alive houseguests have submitted their actions, or once the deadline is hit.

Last edited:
Week Eight - The Dainslef Ritual
The houseguests awaken as the sun rises, but upon taking a look around, they realize they’re no longer in their rooms. They quickly ascertain they’ve been moved when they were asleep and now awaken in the house’s ceremony room. Waking up, they look around to see something they couldn't have ever imagined.

In the middle of the Ceremony Room is @Blakers, @TOTAL_EPICNESS and @Little Cherrim all laying down with a large, curved sword piercing through each of their left hands, with their wrists tied together. The sword is glowing with a soft, bright red light.

Before having the opportunity to ask questions, the Hostess materializes above the three, before sitting on the hilt of the sword. Her giggles turn into a ghastly laughing.

"How nice of you to join us! We were just about to get started without you!"

She leans back and the shift in her body's weight forces the sword down slightly. The three houseguests awake with a scream of pain, and quickly try to understand what's going on.

"I hope this helps you understand that I'm not one to mess around with. You're still alive because I've chosen not to kill you. These three, though... I think they get what they deserve."

Everyone can do nothing but watch in confusion as the ceiling of the room starts to crumble and debris falls to the floor. Avoiding the wrath of the house, you look up through the tattered ceiling to find the moon much closer than you remember, as it now also burns in the same bright red.

If you have any advantages on your person, you're surprised to find that they've broken into pieces. None of these can be useful now...

"It looks like we've confiscated your toys, now isn't that sad? Well... except for one. Behold, Dainslef, the cursed sword!"
Congratulations, @Blakers @TOTAL_EPICNESS and @Little Cherrim! You have been awarded Dainslef, the Cursed Sword! This advantage allows the rising of the Red Moon, and will also make any score you submit public knowledge until the end of the week! Any player currently tied to Dainslef may not view another's score. During the ritual, you may still continue the game like normal as a regular player, and are now welcome to share any information about this advantage, or how you obtained it, so your fellow houseguests.

"Well now, why don't we continue on our way to killing all of you? Welcome to your eighth week!

Actually on second thought... killing all of you sounds fantastic this week, so why don't we kill two of you this time?

This competition, you'll be risking your lives playing...
Squares 2!"

You have just over 72 hours, or until October 17th at 5:00PM PST to reach your highest score and kill the competition! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts. Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach. Remember that any player currently tied to the Dainslef will have their score listed as public knowledge.
Here is your countdown!

Your current alliance chats will be locked for this challenge! Instead, due to the ritual, I have created specific group chats for the discussion of the game for this week. You will be given more information for your group chat in the first post made for it, where I will also answer any follow-up questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back