News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Honestly I feel like nearly this entire set has potential in some way, shape or form. It'll be seen how much of it is viable competitively, but a lot of the concepts and ideas introduced/supplemented seem like fun decks to play.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Isn't Zoroark more like Vespiquen / Flareon? Unlike Night March, anything goes (into the discard) for them.
Well, it's kind of a mix of the two, but in a the whole is more than the sum of its parts kind of way. It has the advantage over Vespiquen because it does 20 more instead of 10, and better than Night March because it does any in the discard. As if that wasn't enough, it doesn't give prizes as long as Black Market is in play, not to mention it can abuse Spiritomb by discarding Pokemon from the discard, without giving prizes.

Ampharos is still better because of that Electripower recycle.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Looking at the set, I have learned that any teaser info about a set should be taken with a grain of salt as it can be incorrect/have red herrings;
- Jasmine; teaser info mentioned the adding 5 effect happened after a steel-type was knocked out the previous turn. IRL has the add 5 happen on turn 2 of the game only.
- Steelix GX; teaser info hinted its existence. IRL; doesn't exist (maybe it'll be in Full Metal Wall)
- Several cards related to the Lost Zone; I didn't know two cards constituted as several.

On another note, my immediate thought when I saw Ampharos' GX attack was; Unown Hand

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Absol calculations against key meta pokemon

Rayquaza GX- OHKO with Choice Band or OHKO with 1 on the bench and no Choice Band
Buzzwole GX- OHKO with 1 on bench plus Choice Band and Shrine or 2 on the bench
Baby Buzz- OHKO with 1 on bench
Zoroark GX- 2 on the bench plus Choice Band

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Me: I can still KO your fresh Dusk Mane Necrozma GX that has a frying pan attached with Prismatic burst if I just discard 4 Energy~

Opponent benches Klefki

Me: ...

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
so bronzong has the same ability as caterpie adaptive evolution, can evolve any time. I can see this being use to get bronzong out in expanded to recover metal energy to benched, or have the bench damage blocker bronzong to keep pesky sniper out.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Nanu has the same expression I'd have when switching my fully-charged Incineroar-GX with a Guzzlord-GX to attack for 4 prizes.