News Rumored New Pokemon Appears Publicly in 'Pokemon GO,' Then Vanishes!

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
People might complain about new Pokemon when they come out, but they sure help in making a buzz about Pokemon everywhere.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
A very clever reveal.

Nut Boi is so cute tho. The flavor text makes it even cuter. Unusual design for sure, but AAAA I want to hug it.

TheRealBro..

''Pokemon GO will be key to meeting Meltan'' ... Sigh. No GameFreak, I'm not gonna start using Pokemon GO because I can not get the full experience of my Pokemon game otherwise. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I get that GO generated a lot of new fans, and that's good for the franchise as a whole, but it still is nothing more than a watered down Pokemon experience. Keep the two experiences seperated please! Let's hope gen 8 returns to normal.

The Pokemon looks cool though seeing it like this. Slowly warming up to it!

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
I get that GO generated a lot of new fans

A lot of whom aren't going to even play another type of game. Being concerned about water down experiences is pretty valid. It's happened to so many franchises that want to increase their scope of audience.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Meltan? Not sure I like the name, sounds a bit too similar to Miltank and I'm sure I'll make that mistake a couple of times.

arulz

THE SEEKER
Meltan and Mewtwo tag team GX? Lol

Or maybe Meltan and Magearna would be more fitting...

TheRealBro..

A lot of whom aren't going to even play another type of game. Being concerned about water down experiences is pretty valid. It's happened to so many franchises that want to increase their scope of audience.

Yep, because you have to own a Switch to play these games which is kind of an obstacle for most children playing GO. It's just a cheap move to give GO another boost and these games start to feel like that was the whole big plan anyway. Maybe Pokemon is just 'adapting' to the new age or something, but I don't think long time fans can appreciate this kind of nonsense. Fingers crossed for gen 8.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
It looks like a unown, ditto, klang, and magnemite all got fused together and we this is what it wound up as. I wonder if things is gonna be like phione or will it evolve or have a counter part to it.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
It looks like a unown, ditto, klang, and magnemite all got fused together and we this is what it wound up as. I wonder if things is gonna be like phione or will it evolve or have a counter part to it.

And Mimikyu with the tail looking similar to it in some ways

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
''Pokemon GO will be key to meeting Meltan'' ... Sigh. No GameFreak, I'm not gonna start using Pokemon GO because I can not get the full experience of my Pokemon game otherwise. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I get that GO generated a lot of new fans, and that's good for the franchise as a whole, but it still is nothing more than a watered down Pokemon experience. Keep the two experiences seperated please! Let's hope gen 8 returns to normal.
The Pokemon looks cool though seeing it like this. Slowly warming up to it!

I don't think this is a good enough reason for me to download and play Pokémon GO again, sadly. And yeah, this is a bit of a desperate move on their behalves. Why not just do an update to US/UM that allows you to access it there?

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
I had hoped it actually wouldn't be this one.... (but I guess it's fine, hope it'll be viable in OU)

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Personally, I’m quite pleased by the name Meltan, and the typing may not be unique or anything but it makes sense. The leaching of metal into its body is a nice touch, and I’m still nuts for the design! I’m excited to learn more about the signature move.

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
A ditto with a big bolt on its head and a power strip cord sticking out of its behind. How adorable! :p

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I think someone mentioned this before, but Meltan? I make fakemon and Meltan sounds like something I'd use as a name. It could have been called Hexanut or something, but no, Meltan. It's barely cute, too. Marshadow's more huggable. I'll stick with that.