News Rumored New Pokemon Appears Publicly in 'Pokemon GO,' Then Vanishes!

TheRealBro..

Wow, interesting information. Really do not hope this is the new Pokemon/Ultra Beast because if you're gonna introduce one new Pokemon it had better be more interesting than this.

Not saying I hate the design but it really is Ditto with a piece of metal on it's head and some Xurkitree'ish wire sticking from it's but and it looks kinda off.. Like the Rotom dex. Not something that is a complete new Pokemon, unless it would evolve.. ? But then that would be two new Pokemon, so I guess not.

Also the fact that it changed into Ditto seems to indicate that GameFreak is just trolling. I hope so!

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
As a fan of inanimate object Pokémon, I sincerely hope this little cutie officially joins the Pokédex. When I first saw it in a still image, I thought it was likely fake because of the Ditto resemblance, but it’s easy to see how unique it is from the animated model. I don’t know why it would be classified as a Mythical Pokémon, though — outside of its legendary cuteness, lol.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
???
???
???
It’s cute. I’d say that if it’s number was 891 and not 999 or 0 or something, then it is definitely a real Pokémon. I’d say that it was, in fact, revealed early with the number 891 and is in fact a real Gen8 Pokémon. It is not a marketing ploy. If it was, it would have been announced. It is a mistake. They made it seem like a marketing ploy when that one dude said “???” Nice cover up. And the dissapearance? Niantic made it their mission to remove this spoiler alert before it could reach the ends of the world. Too late.
And, I firmly believe that Goomy could still beat this guy up.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I legit thought this was a joke and that it also evolved into Clippy, the Microsoft Office Assistant.

This is actually real?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I hope its not real. Its not the quality I expect of a Pokemon and really does seem like a fake Pokemon. If it is in fact real and not, I dont really have much hope from any of the new mons of Gen8. Keep in mind that I never really had a problem with any Pokemon design since they feel like a Pokemon but this seems like a reach.

Last edited:

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
I legit thought this was a joke and that it also evolved into Clippy, the Microsoft Office Assistant.

This is actually real?
Yep, this is reality. They started appearing after community day in Europe as well. I caught several and for about 5 minutes they would become Chikorita when caught, but after that they turned into Ditto (hmmm.....). I'm very confused though.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Changes into Ditto when caught?

MissingNo.?

I honestly wouldn't mind if it were a new Pokémon. I mean, it wouldn't be the first Pokémon made of man-made items slapped together that we've got. I'd love even more if it was TPC's way of officially acknowledging MissingNo. as a real Pokémon (even if it should be a bird).

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
If, indeed, it does turn out to be a real Pokemon, then I'm on board with it. It's really cute! My only hope is that it isn't a mythical, because only 84 Pokemon in a generation would be kinda disappointing (I really want something huge like generation V again). It definitely doesn't look like a mythical Pokemon, more of like a basic steel type or something. Either way, whatever it turns out to be, the thing is adorable.

Fowkes

Aspiring Trainer
Goddamn, the next generation haven't really crossed my mind until now. Seems like it's in the horizon, hyped!

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
It looks like it could be a Ditto evolution. Maybe when it transforms it has the steel type instead of one of the types it would otherwise have?

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt this Cyclonut(cyclops+nut) is a Gen 8 pokemon. New Gen pokemon are usually announced. It probably was a fan-made hack, IMO.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I believe this is 99.9% sure to be a real Pokemon, and our first glimpse into Gen 8!!

It's quirky and cute and super tiny! Definitely one of the smallest (if not the smallest) Pokemon I've ever seen in the PoGO overworld, which I'm sure is an intentional reflection of its actual size.

I know what the skeptics may be thinking reading this post: it could just be a "fake" -- simply one of Niantic's little placeholders. However, at the moment, there's no real evidence to suggest that it is.

"Well then, OVERGRO, what's the evidence that it's real?"

I would say the evidence is past patterns -- sure, this particular stunt is unprecedented, but overall, Gamefreak/Pokemon doesn't troll around, especially when it comes to revealing new Pokemon. It would be totally out of character for Gamefreak to give the green light to Niantic to hype up a new creature this much without there being an obvious marketing basis beyond just directing media attention to PoGO and Pokemon in general.

Despite my general disdain for PoGO seemingly driving the casual-ization of the main games, I still respect the huge impact it has had, and continues to have, on the series as a whole. Its reach is unlike anything else. Years later, I still consider it a phenomenon (and rightfully so, with active player count this summer being the highest its been since launch).

Popping our nutty, blobby little friend out into the world (the real world at that) around the time of a PoGO special event (the Community Day) was such a fresh, intriguing, and bizarre way to reveal the first Pokemon of a generation that is still 12-15 months away. Perhaps it was an obvious idea in retrospect, but I think it was a well done one nonetheless!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
The theory I'm sticking to:

It's definitely an official new Pokemon, and not a placeholder like I was originally voting for. They mass appeared at the end of American community day too and ended at EXACTLY 30 minutes past. It's way too intentional.
I think it may either be known as the "program pokemon" or "glitch" pokemon and maybe it can temporarily "posess" other pokemon and leave the host at will? It's extremely tiny, I'd say the tiniest in GO. My guess would be Steel/Ghost mythical. I also noted it has it's own original cry in the game too. It's cute.

It looks like Ditto and has some sort of relation to Kecleon so maybe its story is that it was a glitch when some scientist threw a bunch of pokemon DNA into a system. That may be a bit out there but who knows.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I doubt this Cyclonut(cyclops+nut) is a Gen 8 pokemon. New Gen pokemon are usually announced. It probably was a fan-made hack, IMO.

As a matter of fact they've almost never not teased a next generation Pokemon before they've officially announced it. Ho-oh, Togepi, Marill, Kecleon, Wynaut, Zygarde core, plus some I'm sure I'm missing for gen 4 and 5 were all teasers for their gen before it was officially announced. The only difference being that it was always anime related, but now they have other means to bring up hype.