Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone, you and Camo have been at each other all game - so it's hard to take you seriously when you don't give a reason, don't seem to comment on the alternative lynches Jabber and Cel, and just seem to be OMGUSing.

Who do you suggest we lynch buddy?

This is the most obvious new scum I've ever seen. Keeper's POV is town. Zone's isn't. S c u m s l i p.
S o h e l p f u l c h e e r s t a

And by comment, I mean something more substantial than "I don't trust him".

We have 11 hours left before day end, and I won't be around then. Camo needs to take his vote off Zone, Zone needs to vote (explicitly say who they will vote), GM Drac needs to vote (or explicitly say who they will vote), and I'd like NP to re-evaluate his vote on Camo (I feel like you're leaning towards voting Jabber now?).

The town generally needs to decide whether they want to lynch Jabber, Celever or Camo. I'm currently supporting Jabber for the reasons shown by NP.

There's probably an element of OMGUS between Zone and Camo because it's Camo and players who haven't played with him before usually don't react well to his playstyle, but considering the vaaast likelihood right now that Camo is scum I wouldn't just write Zone's reads off like that either, because it seems he's been correct this game where most other vets have trusted Camo more than normal. And Zone isn't a new player at all; he's just as experienced as most players still alive rn (which is oddly consistently the main veterans, besides Mariano, and we're missing scattered but he only just died).

In terms of why it's so close to deadline and people haven't decided who to vote for? I'd say it's probably because people don't reeeeally understand the position we're in right now, in that you can vote for either Jabs or me today and win, but voting for Jabs is smoother sailing because of our positions in the game and how we're connected with other players: there are more players tied to scum-Jabs than there are me (if I were scum the only player who could be my buddy is Zone). Therefore it's far preferable to eliminate the player for whom we have to do the most work after their flip first i.e. Jabs than it is me, because we only need one day after we lynch me to hit my buddy, and if Jabs and Camo were to both die, you'd know I was scum and so would lynch me. And at that point you'd win.

So yeah, the best play entirely on-paper is to lynch Jabs today as the numbers fall into some real nice slots that way. If you want to use your reads to change your position that's fine (like Keeper is doing; no one believes that you think on-paper I'm a better lynch than Jabs and if you do you're wrong oof). But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter either way because we're almost in a position of guaranteed victory by now as long as it's one of the two.

Who do you suggest we lynch buddy?

This is the most obvious new scum I've ever seen. Keeper's POV is town. Zone's isn't. S c u m s l i p.
Guess who?
##VOTE: Camoclone
Screw L-1. I want you dead. No matter what.
Zone, you and Camo have been at each other all game - so it's hard to take you seriously when you don't give a reason, don't seem to comment on the alternative lynches Jabber and Cel, and just seem to be OMGUSing.
And by comment, I mean something more substantial than "I don't trust him".

We have 11 hours left before day end, and I won't be around then. Camo needs to take his vote off Zone, Zone needs to vote (explicitly say who they will vote), GM Drac needs to vote (or explicitly say who they will vote), and I'd like NP to re-evaluate his vote on Camo (I feel like you're leaning towards voting Jabber now?).

The town generally needs to decide whether they want to lynch Jabber, Celever or Camo. I'm currently supporting Jabber for the reasons shown by NP.
Apparently, you don't even read my posts. I literally confirmed Celever as town, and repeatedly stated that Camo has to be scum. If I were to be forced to vote someone between Jabber and Celever, then I would naturally vote for Jabber because I ain't going to vote a town.
There is also something regarding Jabber that I seem to keep forgetting regarding his Farewell Ability, but I don't think it will change my opinion.
There's probably an element of OMGUS between Zone and Camo because it's Camo and players who haven't played with him before usually don't react well to his playstyle, but considering the vaaast likelihood right now that Camo is scum I wouldn't just write Zone's reads off like that either, because it seems he's been correct this game where most other vets have trusted Camo more than normal. And Zone isn't a new player at all; he's just as experienced as most players still alive rn (which is oddly consistently the main veterans, besides Mariano, and we're missing scattered but he only just died).

In terms of why it's so close to deadline and people haven't decided who to vote for? I'd say it's probably because people don't reeeeally understand the position we're in right now, in that you can vote for either Jabs or me today and win, but voting for Jabs is smoother sailing because of our positions in the game and how we're connected with other players: there are more players tied to scum-Jabs than there are me (if I were scum the only player who could be my buddy is Zone). Therefore it's far preferable to eliminate the player for whom we have to do the most work after their flip first i.e. Jabs than it is me, because we only need one day after we lynch me to hit my buddy, and if Jabs and Camo were to both die, you'd know I was scum and so would lynch me. And at that point you'd win.

So yeah, the best play entirely on-paper is to lynch Jabs today as the numbers fall into some real nice slots that way. If you want to use your reads to change your position that's fine (like Keeper is doing; no one believes that you think on-paper I'm a better lynch than Jabs and if you do you're wrong oof). But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter either way because we're almost in a position of guaranteed victory by now as long as it's one of the two.
So you are telling me that I can't vote Camo because his claim of sacrificing himself? Then why the heck would NP still vote on-
Oh yeah I need to switch:
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Jabberwock
...welp. Never mind me then.

Apparently, you don't even read my posts. I literally confirmed Celever as town, and repeatedly stated that Camo has to be scum. If I were to be forced to vote someone between Jabber and Celever, then I would naturally vote for Jabber because I ain't going to vote a town.
There is also something regarding Jabber that I seem to keep forgetting regarding his Farewell Ability, but I don't think it will change my opinion.

Sure, you've repeatedly stated that Camo has to be scum, but recently its been without reasons. You also haven't said why Camo is a better lynch than Jabber - in fact, it seems that you've ignored the Jabber option entirely. If Camo draws the nightkill tonight, he "confirms" himself and takes the nightkill off a confo-town. That's hugely beneficial! If Camo survives the night, he's a liar and we lynch him. Eitherway, Camo is dying within the next phase and it is a waste of time to lynch him now. That's why Jabber / Cel have been proposed as lynch options.

Sure, you've repeatedly stated that Camo has to be scum, but recently its been without reasons. You also haven't said why Camo is a better lynch than Jabber - in fact, it seems that you've ignored the Jabber option entirely. If Camo draws the nightkill tonight, he "confirms" himself and takes the nightkill off a confo-town. That's hugely beneficial! If Camo survives the night, he's a liar and we lynch him. Eitherway, Camo is dying within the next phase and it is a waste of time to lynch him now. That's why Jabber / Cel have been proposed as lynch options.
Hrm... Apparently irrational grudges are uncommon in PB. Basically I am focusing on Camo because he attacks me all the time. Everything I say is scummy to him, which in itself is scummy to me.
I didn't even think much about Jabber because that info I have been forgetting all this time. If you all really don't want to lynch Camo Today, then fine! Let's lynch Camo Tomorrow. ...though, if I vote Jabber now, wouldn't he be at L-1? Are we done talking or should I wait?

Hrm... Apparently irrational grudges are uncommon in PB. Basically I am focusing on Camo because he attacks me all the time. Everything I say is scummy to him, which in itself is scummy to me.
I didn't even think much about Jabber because that info I have been forgetting all this time. If you all really don't want to lynch Camo Today, then fine! Let's lynch Camo Tomorrow. ...though, if I vote Jabber now, wouldn't he be at L-1? Are we done talking or should I wait?
You just put Camo at L-1 so I don't see why that's a concern for you now when it wasn't before :p

Grudges aren't uncommon here but you do have to be aware of the line between grudges and OMGUS. Focussing on a player who has been targeting you still needs to be justified, otherwise it's not helping out the town.

You just put Camo at L-1 so I don't see why that's a concern for you now when it wasn't before :p

Grudges aren't uncommon here but you do have to be aware of the line between grudges and OMGUS. Focussing on a player who has been targeting you still needs to be justified, otherwise it's not helping out the town.
To add on, without town hunting scum as much as they can and finding other townies to work with, town win rates will be abysmal. I have my grudges with people but I don't let them manifest past RVS.
A new game is a new game and focus should be on finding the people who you can work with this time, which requires reevaulating as much as we can.

Look into Drac after Camo.

GG y'all; this is the most fun I've had in a Mafia game in ages. :D

Look into Drac after Camo.

GG y'all; this is the most fun I've had in a Mafia game in ages. :D
Don't worry Jabber, if Camo dies and flips scum, Drac and Mariano are the two people who have pretty clearly got to die. BB is clear, Keeper would be cleared from your flip, and Cel cleared from him and Zone being unable to be scumbuddies. Unless Camo was pushing his buddy Zone so dramatically, the scum is one of those two.

The game has been quite fun for me to play, too, even if I've been a curmudgeon for a lot of it! Looking forward to playing with you again too! :D

S o h e l p f u l c h e e r s t a
What is Keeper's POV and why is it different from Zone's? It's literally a scumslip. I agree with the numbers and logic presented. I ran them by quite a few times.

I want to leave with one last thought:
  • NP almost definitely doesn't have an Ability that reveals the town power roles. He is bluffing. Thinking about what that role could be I can't possible think of one that wouldn't assist the town more than scum. A role that straight up revealed power roles would clear players. The only way it would work against us is if names and roles were directly sent to scum or something like that.
I believe I've said everything else I want to say. Good luck boys.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: JABBERWOCK

What is Keeper's POV and why is it different from Zone's? It's literally a scumslip. I agree with the numbers and logic presented. I ran them by quite a few times.

I want to leave with one last thought:
  • NP almost definitely doesn't have an Ability that reveals the town power roles. He is bluffing. Thinking about what that role could be I can't possible think of one that wouldn't assist the town more than scum. A role that straight up revealed power roles would clear players. The only way it would work against us is if names and roles were directly sent to scum or something like that.
I believe I've said everything else I want to say. Good luck boys.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: JABBERWOCK
Zone's POV is that Cel is always town.

Eh, since town's been working with me I'll claim the ability. Not like I can survive getting lynched anyways at this point:
Active Ability: Secrets Revealed
Both factions have reasons for keeping their dealings during the night a secret, but it would certainly be something if all of those secrets came to light. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##NO SECRETS. The following day, the names of every player that used an Active Ability, and who they targeted with it, will be displayed publicly. (The night kill will not be included in this report.) You can't use this ability the same night you use Storm of Chaos or Hurry It Up.

BB said something basically right on the mark about this one, was surprised by that one haha.

At the end of the ability there's a tiny clause that relates to it getting locked upon a certain condition; I believe knowing that exact condition would benefit scum so I won't say it.

vVMAeBu.png

It is 5 to lynch. Numbers in parentheses represent the post number of the vote.

@Camoclone - 3 Ability Effect (918), Ability Effect (918), @NinjaPenguin (919) @bbninjas (946) Zone (1066) L-2
@Zone Q11 - Camo (920) @Keeper of Night (929) Camo (970)
@Jabberwock - 5 Camo (922) @Mariano11887 (924) @Celever (998), bb (1054), NP (1065), Drac (1069), Camo (1074) LYNCHED
bb - Jabber (955)
Keeper - Mariano (961)
Mariano - @GM DracLord (966)
Celever - 2 Jabber (1039), Keeper (1057) L-3

Not voting: Mariano

Majority was reached as of post 1074.

87QVzl0.png

The results of the fourth Friendship Activity are in! A few of you answered correctly, but the goal was to be the quickest. Congratulations to the biggest nerd of all, @NinjaPenguin, for getting the correct answer just under three hours after day 4 began. Ya nerd. For winning this challenge, the following has been added to his role PM:

Active Ability: Gladiator
Once a game within the first half of any day, you may post in thread ##CHALLENGE: Player. All votes will be reset, and votes will now only be able to be cast for you and Player for the rest of the day.

This concludes Mafia 53's Friendship Activities. Thanks to everyone to took part in them.

ciUQNdO.png

"Twilight!"

Twilight hears the familiar voice and turns just in time to see a pony coming at her, a sword expertly wielded in his teeth, swinging for her. She leaps high out of his range as Minuette tackles the assailant to the ground. She stabs him through the stomach with her own blade.

"Thanks," Twilight says, waving down at her.

"Thank me later! Mac needs help!" Minuette points a hoof, and Twilight looks. Mac is being beseiged by four ponies, circled around them. He carries a massive broadsword in his teeth, the blade so large it nearly drags on the ground. There are a few arrows sticking out of his hide, and Twilight is only a little surprised to see the massive red workhorse still standing.

Twilight zips to his position, firing a beam of magic across the ground in front of McIntosh. It startles the pony directly in front of him, and Mac dashes forward, bringing the huge blade up and into the pony before he knows what hit him. The blade lodges firmly into the other pony's body; Mac can't pull it out without some effort. One of the other three ponies sees an opportunity and runs in what he thinks is Mac's blind spot, swinging his axe hard. With a scream, Mac rears back and bucks the attacker hard in the face, severing his head from his spine and killing him instantly. He continues dislodging his sword.

Mac's third attacker, a pegasus, leaps into the air, out of the range of both Mac's body and blade. She nocks an arrow in her bow and takes aim; Twilight grabs the weapon from her with her magic, crumbling it into pieces. Mac finally gets his weapon free and, with a surge of power, hurls it up at the pegasus. It goes clear through her, carrying her several feet away, where the blade lodges in the ground. The pegasus struggles in vain as her body slowly slides down the enormous weapon, and she breathes her last a short time later.

Twilight hears Mac scream again, and she looks to see that the fourth pony has jumped on Mac. A spiked ball and chain has joined the increasing number of weapons stuck in his body, and Twilight starts thinking that the last one might be fatal. She calls for a medic anyway, not willing to take any chances. She flies to McIntosh and wraps her hooves around the attacker on his back and, with a little magical assistance, lifts him high into the air.

"Let me go!" he shouts, squirming in the princess's grip. Twilight carries him higher and higher until she feels her hooves starting to get tired. The earth pony in her grip shrieks in panic as he feels Twilight drop him and catch him in her magic. They're dozens of feet off the ground now.

Twilight realizes that she doesn't have the time to scold this poor pony, but she finds herself smiling despite this. "Let you go? Okay..."

"No! Wait! Put me down gentlyyyyyyyy--" His voice fades from Twilight's ears as she magically tosses him to his death.

She heads back to the ground to find Minuette and Lemon Hearts have joined Mac. Lemon Hearts is frantically trying to seal Mac's numerous wounds and it's only now that Twilight sees the axe lodged deep in his side.

"The enemy is retreating," Minuette reports. "Fluttershy and Rarity are helping with the wounded."

"Help them," Twilight commands. "Lemon Hearts and I have got things covered here." Minuette acknowledges the order and salutes, dashing off. Twilight approaches Mac, and the extent of Mac's injuries becomes much clearer. "Damn, Mac. You look beat to hell."

He snorts. "Eeyup. Thanks for the assist."

"Don't talk!" Lemon Hearts scolds him, pouring something onto a cloth.

"Save it - ahh!" He winces as Lemon Hearts applies the cloth, it stings like crazy. "Save it for ponies who actually need it."

"Listen to her, Mac," she gently scolds him as she copies Lemon Hearts, taking another piece of cloth and soaking it. "You're one of our best. I can't have you dying on me."

He chuckles. He sees Twilight move the cloth to another wound and he braces himself for the sting, but it doesn't come. Lemon Hearts's magic is dulling the pain. He looks back and sees her working, focused on keeping him alive. "'Preciate it. But Twilight," he says, turning back to her, "I don't think I can go on. My family's dead."

Twilight's ears fold down, and she sits on the ground next to him. "I'm sorry. About Applejack."

Mac shakes his head. "I ain't. AJ was family, but there ain't no excuse for betrayin' the ones you love. She made her choice and she accepted the consequences. Y'ask me, Princess... if she'da come to me with that info, I mighta killed her myself."

Twilight can hardly believe the words coming out of Applejack's brother's mouth. "How can you say that?"

"How could she sleep at night knowing what she'd done? Shucks, Twilight, I thought you of all ponies would be glad to see her dead. I know y'all were close... real close. Relationship like that only makes the knife twist harder..."

Mac closes his eyes, and Twilight physically shakes him. "Mac. Wake up Mac, open your eyes!"

He slowly opens them again. "Sorry, Twilight. Just tired is all. Yer friend's magic feels goooood. Will you... let me rest a while? Just gimme five minutes, that's all I need and I'll be... up and..."

He lays his head down and closes his eyes again, and this time, Twilight doesn't stop him. Lemon Hearts finishes sealing his wounds, and she sighs in frustration. "Mac, I can't take this axe out. I'm almost positive it's piercing at least one of your vital organs." She smiles in amazement as she looks to get his attention. "I know I shouldn't be surprised when it comes to a stallion like you, but by all rights you should be--" her smile fades as she sees Mac is unresponsive. "Just now?" she asks Twilight.

She nods. "A few moments ago, yes."

Lemon Hearts puts a hoof on Mac's massive body. "Damn it. I'm sorry, Twilight. He was one of our best soldiers."

"Yeah, he really was. I'll miss him."

"I don't know how we're going to get him back to the castle," Lemon Hearts admits. "He was usually the one who pulled the cart of the wounded, but I don't think any of our carts could carry him on top of everypony else. And we surely don't have anypony strong enough to pull them..."

"I'll handle it," Twilight says, lighting Mac up with her magic. A moment later, and the two of them vanish as the sun begins to set on Ponyville.

Jabberwock was lynched. Jabberwock was:

You are "Big" McIntosh, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

latest

Alongside your little sister Applejack, your days are spent working on your family farm and caring for little Apple Bloom and your old Granny Smith. As a young colt, you were quite the chatterbox, but you've learned in later years to talk less and listen more, allowing you to convey most of your feelings with a simple "eeeyup" or "nnnope." This has resulted in some ponies thinking you're somewhat dumb, but this couldn't be further from the truth. You care greatly for your family and do a fine job working the farm and raising your sisters in the absence of your parents, who died a long time ago. You feel for Twilight, having lost her own folks. Anypony asks you, both of them Cakes got what they deserved. Traitors deserve no mercy.

Passive Ability: Hard Work Pays Off
A lifetime of hard farm work has given you amazing strength and stamina. As a result, you will be lynched at L+1 until day four.

Active Ability: Strong Work Ethic
You have an admirable work ethic, and that's something that can be lacking in other ponies when things seem bleak. Fortunately, you're here to fix that. Once a night, you may PM me ##INSPIRE: Player. You will instill your strong work ethic in that player, allowing them to experience some sort of buff to their role during the next night. Not everypony needs inspiration, though, so some players will not get the benefits of this ability. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights. (You can use this on night zero.)

Gifted Ability: Just a Game
Pinkie Pie granted you the power of this ability with her dying breath. There have been numerous occasions where you break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience. As such, you are aware that this is just a game, none of this is real, and that your friends aren't really in any danger. But it's fun to play along! Once a night, you may ##ASK me a question about the game's setup. You may not ask any questions involving a specific player's role name or alignment, and I reserve the right not to answer any question for any reason. If your question is unacceptable, you may ask another one, time permitting. If your second question is unacceptable, you will be instantly killed. Haha, just kidding! Or am I? Sometimes I can't even tell! (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: MaxIntosh
Farewell, McIntosh. The last player you used Strong Work Ethic on will have their abilities buffed for the rest of the game. Additionally, the Deadly Alliance has tapped into your massive strength. Their kill tonight will bypass any protection present on a player.

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

Night 4 ends Wednesday, September 12, at 4 AM CDT (Timer). Day 5 sunrise will last for 12 hours after that.

kK39bzY.png

Twilight is roused from her slumber by two ponies bickering at her bedroom door. One of them is Minuette. She can't hear what the other one is saying. They're speaking in hushed tones.

Ah. So they don't wake me up.

She listens to Minuette's half of the conversation:

"No, she's not up yet. ... I know she needs to know, I'll tell her when she wakes up! ... Don't you think I know that? Now get out of here!"

Minuette carefully closes the door and sits down near Twilight's bed, waiting.

Is she... watching me sleep? I wonder what it is I need to know so badly.

Twilight decides to end her charade and opens her eyes. A small smile comes across Minuette's face, but it doesn't stay long. "Good morning, Twilight."

Twilight looks out her window. The moon is still high in the sky. "Not in this time zone," Twilight teases playfully, stretching her limbs. "Who were you talking to just now?"

Minuette's ears fold down. "Oh, you were awake, huh? How much did you hear?"

"Enough that there's something I need to know, apparently," she replies, letting out a mighty yawn and closing her eyes. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait until morning. I'm exhausted..."

Minuette sighs. This was not going to be easy for Twilight to hear, and everypony was concerned how she would react to the news. It was bad enough she was already one of the last ponies to know. "Twilight, it's 7 AM."

Twilight blows out a breath. "No, it can't be, Celestia would have raised the sun by n--"

Twilight's eyes shoot open. Before Minuette can say anything, Twilight is gone in a flash of light. Minuette bolts from Twilight's room, knowing exactly where Twilight is going.

She tears down a hallway and up two flights of stairs, cursing her inability to teleport the way Twilight could. Her hopes that she could stall Twilight for a precious few more moments are shattered as an ear-splitting wail is heard from inside Celestia's room. The pony standing guard outside nearly jumps out of his skin, and Minuette yells at him to open the door. He does so and Minuette dashes in closing the door behind her.

Princess Celestia lay across her bed; innumerable black tendrils of shadow cover her entire body. A thick black sludge oozes from Celestia's mouth.

"What happened?!" Twilight wails, throwing herself across her fallen mentor.

"We don't know," Minuette says simply. "She was--"

"What do you mean, you don't know?!" Twilight snarls. "Why aren't you doing your job?! How many ponies have been killed because of your obsession with keeping an eye on me instead of everypony else? You'd swear we were married with how much you hang on me!"

"Well, excuse me for caring about you, Twilight, I am soooo sorry that my princess, who happens to be one of my oldest friends, doesn't need my protection."

"Sorry won't bring her back. Just get out. Take the troops and go do whatever you want, I don't care anymore. I'm sick and tired of all this death. My friends - what's left of them - don't trust each other. My girlfriend, who just so happened to be a massive traitor, is dead. And now, the one pony in this ursed land that I would count on to be a ray of light in this dark time, is gone forever, and nopony f*cking knows why!" She screams it, sobbing uncontrollably into Celestia's wing. Minuette waits it out, wanting to help but not knowing how to do so. Eventually, Twilight's sobs fade, and she speaks. "I have nopony left anymore. Even in death, Tirek manages to take precious things from me. I... I can't do it anymore, Minuette, I just can't. I don't know how much longer I can hold out for before I just... give up."

"I don't even want to know what you mean by that," Minuette says, deadly serious. She climbs onto the bed and sits next to both her princesses. "This is what Starlight was trying to get me to tell you this morning. We found her like this. Nopony knows what it is. We weren't sure it could spread, but you sort of solved that one on your own just now. I'm sorry that's all I can tell you. We all knew how much she meant to you, Twilight. She meant a lot to all of us, but there isn't a pony in Equestria that doesn't know about how close you two were. And I swear to you, on our friendship, that I will fight for you until my last breath. No matter how dire the situation, you can always count on me."

Twilight sighs heavily. With Celestia dead, Equestria would be cloaked in night for the time being, at least until Twilight could find a way to raise the sun without its steward. Things were only going to get more difficult from here on out.

Celever has been killed. Celever was:

You are Princess Celestia, and you are aligned with Equestrian Defense Force.

You are one of the two god-princesses of Equestria along with your younger sister, Luna. After you both overthrew Discord as ruler of Equestria, the two of you ruled together, with you raising the sun and overseeing the day, and her raising the moon and overseeing the night. This continued until Luna's bitterness turned her into the evil Nightmare Moon, and you banished her to the moon for a thousand years. With the help of Twilight Sparkle and her Ponyville friends, Luna was restored to her original self, and has since resumed her duties as Princess of the Night. As Twilight's mentor and teacher, you've helped Twilight understand the magic of friendship and transformed Twilight into an alicorn once you believed she'd truly mastered the art. After Twilight's parents were killed, you and Luna helped Twilight form the Equestrian Defense Force to stomp out Tirek once and for all.

Active Ability: ??
(The dark tendrils make deciphering this ability impossible.)

Farewell Ability: ??
(The dark tendrils make deciphering this ability impossible.)

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

Day 5 ends Friday, September 14, at 4 PM CST (Timer), or whenever someone is lynched. There are 7 players in the game, so it is 5 to lynch.

Camoclone is at L-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back