Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Yeah, like FMPOV it's better just to lynch Cel today, but I get that y'all aren't necessarily gonna take my word for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
The second quote doesn't relate with the first one. In the second I'm talking about not leaving Camo alive by the end of this day, while in the first one I was referring to you wanting to lynch Camo early in the day.
Oh. I kind of didn't think about ending the game early. I just wanted Camo dead.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I did make a passing comment about being a bomb Day 1, NP. Again, still doesn't even close to matter even a tiny bit. I was purely guessing at my ability at that point. Like I already said. Multiple times. In fact I'm just not going to answer any other questions from Mariano on my ability. If he wants to know about it so badly he can look back because everything is out there already.

---

We can't lynch Camo today because that wastes time. We need as many suspects dead as quickly as possible and the best way to do that is by lynching today/tomorrow and having Camo self-destruct.

Lynching Jabber in theory gives us very similar results to lynching Celever, so I'm okay with that too. Problem for me is there's a lot more evidence for Jabber being town than there is for Celever, and lynching Jabber is riskier even if he does end up being scum.

Though I'll admit you're all right, clearing Celever does not clear Zone. It helps his case a lot though, especially if we can use the next few days to look into him further once we know Celever's alignment.

So Celever is scum, Zone is scum, yeah? And if Camo is scum then I highly doubt Zone is the other scum, meaning the other scum has to be Drac.
The only way we're at a second 50/50 is if Jabber is scum, because technically it could be either Drac or Zone. Maybe more like 60/40, I'd believe Zone's claim more at that point because we'd confirm Celever.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I am 100% using my Ability tonight so that shouldn't factor into the Jabber vs. Celever debate. My role is essentially useless after tonight and actually becomes a liability the longer I survive due to my perma votes. It's better for me to die than for another townie to die.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
@Jabberwock can you explain your reasons behind your Ability usage?
It was mainly just people I townread for one reason or another at that point in the game. N0 was Keeper bc Keeper's a cool guy and I was excited to be playing a game with him. I was originally gonna buff Keeper again N2, but ended up switching to you bc I realized I shouldn't be buffing the same players over and over; it's a putting-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket thing. I think there was something specific you said at the end of D2 that convinced me to buff you versus somebody else, but I don't remember what it was and now I can't find it, so eh. Celever was the only one I was less-than-sure about, but due to the Luis lynch I trusted him more at that point than most of the other players left in the game.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I did make a passing comment about being a bomb Day 1, NP. Again, still doesn't even close to matter even a tiny bit. I was purely guessing at my ability at that point. Like I already said. Multiple times. In fact I'm just not going to answer any other questions from Mariano on my ability. If he wants to know about it so badly he can look back because everything is out there already.
Don't worry about it, you are almost confirmed town so I'm not interested in pushing you anymore ;).

@Camoclone can you confirm that you already used these two abilities?
- Ability 1: Choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 2: You will put on a show for everypony, preventing the use of all other Active Abilities.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Lynching Jabber in theory gives us very similar results to lynching Celever, so I'm okay with that too. Problem for me is there's a lot more evidence for Jabber being town than there is for Celever, and lynching Jabber is riskier even if he does end up being scum.
Wait what? Cel was the one who caused Luis to out as scum and was declared town by some other player.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
@Camoclone can you confirm that you already used these two abilities?
No, I can use the same Ability three times if I want. I never saw a situation where Ability 2 would help us.

I used Ability 1 twice. Once on bbninjas N1. Once on Keeper last night (even though I knew there was no NK I knew my time here was limited and wanted to get full use just in case). I originally planned on blowing myself up last night.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Wait what? Cel was the one who caused Luis to out as scum and was declared town by some other player.
Yes, but didn't that move sound coordinated? That was the impression I had when I posted this.

No, I can use the same Ability three times if I want. I never saw a situation where Ability 2 would help us.

I used Ability 1 twice. Once on bbninjas N1. Once on Keeper last night (even though I knew there was no NK I knew my time here was limited and wanted to get full use just in case). I originally planned on blowing myself up last night.
Ok, thanks. I asked because I wasn't blocked any night and didn't understand how it'd be possible if you used Ability 2.

So thinking on today's lynch. There were a dance of names in the last 24 hs and I'm a bit dizzy about what are the most plausible lynch candidates now. I'm writing what I think of the names I read:
  • Camo: I tend to beleive what he said. Maybe it would be a good idea to execute the plan he proposed about sacrificing himself.
  • Jabber: He has town points for me, specially because of the questions he asked to PMJ last 2 nights, and his mindset of not opposing his lynch for the sake of information if that helps the town at the end.
  • bbninjas: I can't remember now why, but there was something I read that made me think he's town.
  • Celever: At the end of Day 3, I was townreading him. That changed a bit with his posts of today (again, I don't remember exactly what caused it). I agree with some of you that proposed his lynch as a source of information from other players, so this would be my option for today's lynch.
  • Drac: I don't understand his play and don't see his contribution. I'd propose him for today's lynch, but we are looking for information and his lynch's info would be null. Very good option for tomorrow.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Yes, but didn't that move sound coordinated? That was the impression I had when I posted this.
Cel randomly busses when they're all townread enough to easily push an indie lynch on a bad town that day and get a mislynch the next one? Eh I don't see it.
I don't get what it is with this site; we all gravitate towards thinking of bussing and why it must be there when really it's a bad play 90% of the time so scum doesn't do it.

Like if he's scum, the fact we can easily PoE his potential team to a loss is proof incarnate that bussing is simply bad.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Zone, I don’t see any reason for you to full claim at this stage.

@Camoclone Why didn’t you immediately claim that your third ability is a nightkill lightning rod?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Keeper’s vote is currently not on Celever funnily enough. ##vote: Jabber to even out the numbers.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
@Camoclone Why didn’t you immediately claim that your third ability is a nightkill lightning rod?
There was no reason to. Now scum knows about it and can plan accordingly, albeit that doesn't mean much. I would have preferred for them to not be able to anticipate me dying instead of whoever they originally targeted but it's not a big deal.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
UyqWeeG.png

It is 5 to lynch. Numbers in parentheses represent the post number of the vote.

@Camoclone - Ability Effect (918), Ability Effect (918), @NinjaPenguin (919) @bbninjas (946) L-2
@Zone Q11 - Camo (920) @Keeper of Night (929), Camo (970) L-3
@Jabberwock - Camo (922) @Mariano11887 (924) @Celever (998), bb (1054) L-3
bb - Jabber (955)
Keeper - Mariano (961)
Mariano - @GM DracLord (966)
Celever - Jabber (1039) L-4

Not voting: Zone

This is recent as of post 1055. Everyone is tagged for activity.

Day 4 ends Sunday, September 9, at 4 PM CST (Timer), or whenever someone is lynched.

Reminder you have until end of day to submit an answer for the final Friendship Activity.

Last edited:

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Looks like I forgot to ##UNVOTE. ##VOTE: CELEVER

@Keeper of Night I also want Ability usage reasoning from you please.
N0: NP - focusing on known players first for better reads
N1: (boosted by Jabber) Myself, prof_jplap (no result, "remained hidden") based on game state between him and rox leaving rox lynched
N2: Camoclone - just subbed in, same as NP
N3: Jabber - one of three mostly unknown players, passive play

Right, but he's still suspect scum in spite of that even now. If that cleared him we wouldn't even be having this whole conversation. And then the only other person to clear him is also suspected scum. Kinda a weird spot to be in.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I REALLY want to vote Camo... I just don't trust him, even after his claims. I mean, if Luis can fall for Cel's bluff, then what makes it impossible for town to fall for scum's bluff? I have yet to see his full claim, or at least the flavor text.
Keeper voting for Cel for role confirmation... sigh, it is correct from his POV, but this is useless for me. Can't we just lynch one single target for once?

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Keeper voting for Cel for role confirmation... sigh, it is correct from his POV, but this is useless for me. Can't we just lynch one single target for once?
Who do you suggest we lynch buddy?

This is the most obvious new scum I've ever seen. Keeper's POV is town. Zone's isn't. S c u m s l i p.

Status
Not open for further replies.