'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

The twist in this story is that Pokemon is simply spelling Abomasnow, so the next "block of cards we'll see will be "O" ;)

But yeah, this would be awesome if it happens, as we'd see world wide meta synchronisation for the first time in TCG history. I'd definitely make sense since they've already sync'd the VGC.

It's a minor thing, but that Lycanroc on the pack art is definitely Shiny as well. It'll be really interesting to see if and how we'll be getting these Shiny cards (maybe Best of Sun & Moon Collection box sometime in the future?)

It looks like the Buzzwole is shiny as well! And if I'm not mistaken, it looks like there's a shiny Rayquaza on the pack too! :D

Oh Yeah! This was exactly what I thought. Maybe we will get a lot of Alt Art cards from this set...

So, how will we get the shines? And it looks like this set William have a shiny complete form Zygarde the promo one we have.

Been saying it for a year now by 2020 they wanted sane release world wide with std being same for all areas

on the pack art I can see Zygrade, top middle, Lunala, top right, and Heracross, bottom left. and a purple figure in the top left looks too big for smash., I think I see kyogre too
Edit: I see Decidueye next to Buzzwole, and That Heracross turned out to be charizard
*facepalms*

Last edited:
One thing I wonder: How will promos integrated into our main sets (Lunala and Solgaleo, Hiker and Masked Royale from Celestial Storm) work in this scenario? Since in Japan they're from the "A block", yet we got them on a set that has mostly "B block" cards... Guess time will tell, would definitely be interesting for all formats to be finally synced!

Last edited:
The twist in this story is that Pokemon is simply spelling Abomasnow, so the next "block of cards we'll see will be "O" ;)

But yeah, this would be awesome if it happens, as we'd see world wide meta synchronisation for the first time in TCG history. I'd definitely make sense since they've already sync'd the VGC.
Hey, it could be "S" for Absol.

Hmm... If this speculation turns out to be true, I suppose that makes more sense that the Tapu Lele reprint is an alternate art rather than a Black Star Promo. I suppose I'm more okay with this now. But we'll see.

It's a bit ironic that this came out a day after the news of Tapu Lele. But at this point, it's so easy for a lot of us--myself included--to be bitter and assume everywhere outside of Japan will get the shaft, in terms of products and card availability. And quite frankly, it's true the majority of the time. Just as a quick, recent example: the Premium Trainer Box that Japan will be getting soon. Compared to our Elite Trainer boxes, you get a lot more for about $5 more. (Though, keep in mind that 20 booster packs is like 10 packs in the US. But that's still 2 more for $5 more, plus more stuff on top of that.)

Back