Fun What Pokémon should be used in the new "Tag Team GX" mechanic?

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
We have just seen the new Tag Team GX revealed at Worlds, showing us Pikachu and Zeckrom GX as our first card from an unamed 2019 set. So, what other pair of Pokémon should share a card as part of Tag Team GX?

My hope is having Solgaleo and Lunala Tag Team GX

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming that dual types come back
Zekrom and Reshiram
Mewtwo and Mew
Charizard and Blastoise
Volcanion and Magearna
Rayquaza and Deoxys
Groudon and Kyogre

I'd like a Vaporeon and Pidgeot team card. I think that would be cool. You also have the obvious pair like Latias and Latios, Gardevoir and Gallade and other duo mons. Zangoose and Seviper would also be a top pick for me.

Probably one of them has to be a legendary?

Abra and Mewtwo,
Jynx and Articuno,
Electabuzz and Zapdos,
Magmar and Moltres

Vaporeon and Suicune,
Jolteon and Raikou,
Flareon and Entei.

I'd love to see a Cinccino/Garbodor tag team GX for the lols. Other than that I would love to see any tag team GX featuring eeveelutions, especially the Vaporeon/Suicune one.

Well we already have Zekrom / Pikachu, so the next one will probably involve Reshiram and another mascot or small fire pokemon, like Eevee or Charmander.

If 2 legendary pokemon together are possible then I'm with the people that say either Mew / Mewtwo or Solgaleo / Lunala. I honestly don't have much of an original input myself to be completely honest, I'd probably be blown away by any decision for choosing which 2 pokemon are together on the same card since this is such an interesting mechanic, something we all haven't seen since the Heart Gold / Soul Silver sets.

I actually want to see Gengar and Deoxys get a tag team GX, Kyogre and Totodile GX, Regice and Snorunt GX, last will be Celebi and Snivy GX

I think the best thing to come from these would be dual types coming back. I've only been playing two years and loved the dual types that steam siege brought us

I think most interesting would be either a) 2 Pokémon that have a connected story or habitat in the games or based on anime/movies. As I still hope for something like Gym Heroes/Challenge to reappear, I think Gym leader Pokémon as a team would be good.
They just need to make the name look better, as it now already looks bad, imagine:
"Lt. Surge's Electabuzz & Magnemite GX" or even "Alolan Ninetales & Alolan Exeggutor GX".

Back