• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Candy Land (Alolan Ninetales GX / Miltank / Xerneas Prism)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
CANDY LAND

latest

Pokémon (12):
  • 2 Alolan Ninetales GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Alolan Vulpix SM7b (evolution)
  • 1 Tapu Lele SM-P (beatdown)
  • 1 Xerneas Prism (beatdown)
  • 4 Miltank SM8 (beatdown)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (34):
  • 3 Mina (acceleration)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Hau (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Moo-Moo Milk (enable)
  • 1 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 3 Po Town (beatdown)
Energy (14):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Fairy Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Alolan Vulpix or Miltank and bench some additional attackers. Make sure to have two Alolan Vulpix on the battlefield and attach an energy card to Miltank. Next turn evolve into Alolan Ninetales GX and search out Moo-Moo Milk to fuel Miltank. Once you have all four Moo-Moo Milk in hand continue to attack with Miltank to knock out the defender in one hit.

Last edited:
i love the deck idea, alolan ninetales seems to be the perfect partner for miltank. I was just wondering what your thinking is behind the po town?

Hi kgamer7,

Thanks for the review. The main idea behind Po Town is three-fold: (1) It provides a counter stadium since there is no other stadium that would benefit this deck, (2) it enables Miltank to knock out stage 2 Pokémon GX in one hit, and (3) it combos well with Alolan Ninetales GX and Tapu Lele in getting damage on the board that can be rearranged with the Fairies version of Promo Tapu Lele.

Ahh i see i was wondering if it was to hit numbers easier, wouldn't a higher count of choice band accomplish the same goal? They both add 30 to gx pokemon. Also i was thinking about shrine of punishment perhaps, but maybe the ninetales would rack up too much damage sitting on your bench. Just some early thoughts, but i think you have a pretty solid starting list

Seems to me you should be playing cards that enable drawing into all 4 milks at once sightseer is not good for that at all neither is lillie outside t1 sophocles is oddly enough the best choice for that. Also cant you only mina to fairy types mayb multi switch could be use to get a miltank powered up faster

Hi kgamer7,

Thanks for the review. The most important reason for Po Town is to have a counter stadium. Choice band would not fullfil this role.

Hi Aurajackle,

Thanks for the review. Will consider to replace Sightseer with either Sophocles or Hau. Mina works on all Pokémon but it can only attach one Basic Fairy Energy from the deck to the chosen Pokémon.

Hi Aurajackle,

Thanks for the review. No problem at all. Overlooked the fact that Professor Elm's Lecture is not restricted to Basic Pokémon at first too.

Back