TAG TEAM Pokemon-GX Revealed -- "Pikachu & Zekrom-GX!'

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
I think this is actually pretty cool. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this changes the game.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
We will eventually get a card that you will lose the game if its knocked out at this rate, and it will have like 500HP or something

j2y8n2x

Aspiring Trainer
They're certainly OP. But I wonder how many varieties of these cards, and how rare each one of them are.
I don't really want to pay more than a Tapu Lele's price for a card, to be honest.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
I love everything about this card, could be cool with Magnezone from Forbidden Light, or Zeraora (though I'd rather use Pikachu & Zekrom's GX attack)

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
If you get it fueled up, you can knock out a GX with the first attack, then use the GX to knock out two more for game.

Not to mention it can do 180 for [L][L] when Thunder Mountain stadium is in play....

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
So these will be Ultra Rares alongside GX cards and Prism Stars. I do like them, having two Pokémon on one card is a fun gimmick, and they are certainly going to be powerful, hence the 3 prize cards. But if someone plays creep show Gengar, and their opponent has two of these, that's the game lost. I suppose you take the risk playing these cards, and Mega Ex cards had the drawback of ending your turn on evolution. Glutton GX from Guzzlord if used right could give you FIVE PRIZES, which is insane, yet it probally still won't see play. These look cool, they hopefully won't also have full arts and rainbow rares, or there will be too many SR cards per SM set, which is already a problem for collectors like me. Hopefully they will be like Megas, with only two or three per set.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
I get the feeling that even if this one in particular looks strong today, but in a few months or in a year from now it'll be one of the underwhelming ones of the Tag Team GX line.

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Well this surely makes a change to the game. I am always a big fan of cards that shake the game up. It adds the spice to keep the game alive.

But where is Pikachu's arm? Poor guy

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Say what you want about anything else, but that art is a slam dunk. I hope all the Tag Team cards have non-3D art.

Riahii

Aspiring Trainer
Even if it ends up being super broken they'll just ban it, I don't think there's anything to be worried about

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
If tag team pokemon will be this OP then make a new rule for them, when they are knocked out take 4 prize cards instead of 3. Just kidding but damn this is kinda unfair since you have lightning magnezone in the format if this was in the same format as max elixir omg that would be busted even with buzzwole gx in the format.

Just think about it you k.o an active buzzwole gx and a tapu lele gx on the bench you get down to 2 prize cards that way you can't activate beast ring and it will be at a big disadvantage and most likely your opponent will concede the game, just let that sink in for a moment.

Last edited:

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Interesting. But this is weak to fighting and Baby buzz can OHKO that thing...

It does open creative strategy options - hit + run and Acerola it back up, etc.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Now I wonder if all Tag Gx Pokemon will be Basics, what if in a future Tag Gx include 2 stage 2 pokemon, imagine having to evolve from 2 stage 1 at the same time to play a massive 450 hp Tag Gx pokemon