• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Annoying Shuckle Thing (Shuckle GX/Seviper/Honchkrow)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
So Shuckle GX got revealed, and being the meme that it is I'm basically forced to make a deck around it. The deck basically works like Tapu Koko/Honchkrow except that Shuckle GX's Ability denies Pokemon with 2 or less Energy from damaging it, greatly extending it's longevity. Included are other annoying things, like Hammers, Sneks and retreat-assisting Stadiums.

Pokemon - 16

4 Seviper BUS
3 Shuckle GX
2 Murkrow GRI
2 Honchkrow GRI
2 Tapu Koko SM30
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oranguru ULP
1 Oranguru SUM

Supporters - 11

4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
2 Sightseer
2 Lillie

Items - 21

4 Nest Ball
4 Acro Bike
3 Crushing Hammer
2 Ultra Ball
2 Choice Band
2 Escape Rope
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Field Blower

Stadiums - 3

3 Altar of the Moone

Energy - 9

4 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
1 Psychic Energy

The general idea here is simple: use Triple Poison from Shuckle GX and watch the damage stack up as you add Sevipers to the mix. Retreat as needed into Tapu Koko to deal further damage. When the opposing Active is weak either decide to take the KO on it or Guzma/Escape Rope into a new target in order to stack damage for Honchkrow. Rinse and repeat, while using Hammers to stall and Oranguru to recover any important resources.

Shuckle GX is a pretty funny card and because of it's Ability few Pokemon can actually threaten it right off the bat. The card is a big nuisance to Zoroark and post-rotation Buzzwole as neither of them have a good way to accelerate Energy in the early game, mostly being forced to attach manually.

Seviper is included in a heavy count, but playing down all 4 isn't needed; simply use as many as you can fit while using bench space for other important supports (such as Oranguru SUM) and having a Tapu Koko waiting in the back is hardly a bad idea.

That would be the list so far, enjoy!

Yeah, i actually think this will be an OK card. He just isn't you main attacker and the stat should be focused on getting him in and out when need be. The main issue is that its not overly hard for an opponent to attach 3 energy in a lot of matchups like malamar, water patch, metagross, beast ring. As a result i would put something like Drampa GX in here for a possible heavy hitter that also has the attack that removes special energy and a GX for draw support.

If you're lucky with those hammers it can get annoying real fast though. Im def going to try something like this and will continue to brain storm on it.

Yeah I knew there was going to be problems in some matchups, but it isn't all too bad. In order for my opponent to Beast Ring I need to take prizes and the way the deck is set up, I can just wait until I can take multiple KOs in one turn to try and deny them. Malamar has its own consistency problems and I can do some solid damage to them early on as they set up but afterwards it would probably be the hardest matchup. Water hasn't gotten much use and I don't really expect any strong Water decks to come about aside from Greninja GX.

It all depends though, plenty of time to wait for this deck to come out.

Back