'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Looks like the next generation of Plasma Freeze Leafeon has appeared yet again. And that card was pretty well-played back in its day. If Buzzwole, Malamar, Rayquaza, and other high energy decks come about, Espeon will be a great tech counter.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Why are people saying Umbreon is bad? Sure, it works better in decks that play Dark or Rainbow energy, but does no one remember how good that Terrakion was?

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Why are people saying Umbreon is bad? Sure, it works better in decks that play Dark or Rainbow energy, but does no one remember how good that Terrakion was?
Terrakion was great because Darkrai was incredibly good, there isn't a whole lot of dark weak Pokemon, aside from DW Necrozma and possibly Banette, the relevancy of Umbreon depends on the relevancy of dark weak Pokemon.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Just the mere fact that both of them are for a single energy and can be used with the Energy Evolution Eevee makes these cards super viable, esspecially Espeon since that's more psychic weakness in the format and the conditions to do the necessary damage are easier than you think honestly, notably against Rayquaza and Buzzwole when they use Beast Ring. Even Umbreon isn't too shabby since it can hit dark weakness for efficient energy, but Zoroark does kind of the same thing so I don't know how I feel about that one in particular.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Obv. Espeon will be better as an additional one-prize attacker in any Espeon-GX, but I think people may be forgetting that these two are coming in the same set as Ditto Prism Star. If you’re using an Evolution deck with Ditto, and you’re running Rainbow Energy, Counter Energy, or the appropriate Unit Energy, adding either Espeon or Umbreon could be a cute tech option, depending on what needs to be covered.

Umbreon may not seem that great now, but depending on what kind of other Dark-weak cards get released in the future, it’ll definitely be worth keeping in the back of your mind.

LatiosKing2216

Likes creative Pokemon stuff
That Espeon looks great. Very efficient to power up and pairs pretty well with the new Shuckle-GX. Allure can even be a decent option in a bind, since we are going into a format without N.

Nayla

Aspiring Trainer
Suicune is amazing, the ability to stall loop by shuffling damaged suicunes back into your deck is super cool

Wechselbalg

brb
These are both p. good. The illustrations also look nice. I'm happy.

EDIT: Oh, right, the other two...Suicune is meh and Tyranitar is ok I guess??? That ability can be a bit annoying.