News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
No one realised it's ability is once per turn and not just when you evolve? Max potion with energy recycler in this deck is dumb...

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Like the card, but this means Absol is going to be a Prism or just a regular card :(

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
The 3 from deck is good but if it was 3 from discard it be broken woth max pots. To discard 3 energy to heal then reyse ability to attack again. Is alot of energy in a deck. Thou you could throw in a couple e recycle. Not to bad but it is a stage 2

Advancer

The old tree that still blooms.
It's a little odd that this Incineroar-GX for SM8a is getting revealed ahead of SM8's Tyranitar GX, and that they're putting out 2 Stage-2 Dark-type GXs with only a month between them.

The card itself is interesting. I reckon the ability more or less sells the card, and it's rather creative that the GX attack that interacts with the damage counters it places on itself. I guess it could go in a Zoroark GX deck with Rare Candy, in which the Zoroarks set up the Incineroar-GX, and then the Incineroar-GX accelerates energy onto itself ... of course it's fodder for Fighting-types, though it looks decent otherwise.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Incineroar-GX -> Scar Charge -> Attack -> Scar Charge -> Nanu -> Guzzlord-GX -> Glutton-GX

Stupid strategy to use with Incineroar-GX.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
It’s really good! I love 2HKO decks, and this one comes with special Energy denial. 220 HP? OK. Ability: SUPREME! Attack: Good! GX Attack: SUPREME! Incineroar is gonna be good!

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
If they can't do 220 damage you can at least just Max Potion, then find some new energies (Energy Recycler/Recycle System would probably be useful there too).

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Since Incineroar is #55, and we can infer that 53 will be Ampharos and 54 will be Hoopa, this unfortunately confirms that we won't be getting Absol-GX in this set

FeelsBadMan
We reported a while ago that there would only be an Absol in this set, not an Absol-GX. :x

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
To sum up this, sweet, innocent card:

Can be attacking by turn two.

Has 250 HP, so pretty tanky.

Can use ability to spam max potion.

With the new stadium coming out, it only gives up one prize card.

Can fuel up it's GX attack with that ability.

Can do 1210 damage if at ten HP.

The power creep is real.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
220 hp that goes for two shots is better than golisopod and the gx attack is way better.

The question is: does that compensate for being a stage 2? I'm not sure. 220 isn't really better than 210 when it comes to 2 shots, and while it does make you less vulnerable to a 1shot, the only Mon hitting that hard is buzz, who doesn't give a fudge.

It's important to note that incineroar doesn't need to use your attachment for the turn, so you can use that on something else, hypothetically. Can't imagine how that helps just yet though.